Scottish, or any Football Grounds... - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish, or any Football Grounds...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Post the pictures Ramy, saves me opening the links 😄

Anyway, here's Rugby Park as I first remember it, when we had the best pitch in the country...

3b1c9b629f55242c78f297cc1a87699c.jpg

(Actually it's a bit later than that, the main stand enclosure's got seats in it).

I'd rather vist that ground instead of the new modern grounds

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Post the pictures Ramy, saves me opening the links 😄

Anyway, here's Rugby Park as I first remember it, when we had the best pitch in the country...

3b1c9b629f55242c78f297cc1a87699c.jpg

(Actually it's a bit later than that, the main stand enclosure's got seats in it).

First professional ground I went to, 1977, I was 11 and me and my pals went on the bus from Stevenston, no adults 😄that wouldn't happen these days.

I was talking to an auld boy I know and he remembers being at Rugby Park in the early 60s and there was braziers in the goalmouths to keep the ground soft for the keepers.

8 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Think it was the club shop, my loon got me it to build for my birthday. 

It’s very frustrating 😂😂

Thanks

Just found it on the website, do I subject myself to the frustration or sack it🤣

2 hours ago, bonzo said:

I was talking to an auld boy I know and he remembers being at Rugby Park in the early 60s and there was braziers in the goalmouths to keep the ground soft for the keepers.

Didn't know that but I could believe it, famously they went for years without having a game postponed.

Also they used to keep sheep on the pitch, but I think that was for superstitious reasons and not to help the grass...

nk7mgg7h79u51.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

27 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Didn't know that but I could believe it, famously they went for years without having a game postponed.

Also they used to keep sheep on the pitch, but I think that was for superstitious reasons and not to help the grass...

nk7mgg7h79u51.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

https://www.facebook.com/groups/844940199360108/permalink/1583888485465272/?sfnsn=mo&ref=share&mibextid=VhDh1V

On 2/24/2023 at 8:08 AM, dandydunn said:

Think it was the club shop, my loon got me it to build for my birthday. 

It’s very frustrating 😂😂

Most things about Aberdeen are very frustrating 😜

Edited by RDFH64