Scottish, or any Football Grounds... - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish, or any Football Grounds...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/18/2023 at 9:28 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Celtic apparantly looking at safe standing section in the Jock Stein stand. Think it was Leverkusen or Dorrmund  in the Bundesliga did it last season with great success. Only issue is season ticket holders, older folk may not agree with this concept, still early doors. Read this on a few sites.. Seems decent to me, I don't know why more clubs don't introduce this..

Dortmund has had a full section for a while. The seats have bars on them to hold on to as far as i remember from when we played Germany. Good set up

On 2/18/2023 at 10:25 AM, slasher said:

I dunno if Celtic ever asked the question but it would have made perfect sense as you say. At the time Celtic would have been in the planning stage for a training ground, the greyhound racing was still very much on the go so maybe not an option.

Im not sure Billy King who owned it would have sold anyway. He was fiercely proud of Shawfield and his reputation as the king of Scottish greyhound racing. His nephew owned a few pubs and clubs in the town and I think still has the Corinthian although I might be out of date now.

Is that Stefan King? as in G1 group, owns fucking loads and is generally known as a cunt

11 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Dortmund has had a full section for a while. The seats have bars on them to hold on to as far as i remember from when we played Germany. Good set up

Is that Stefan King? as in G1 group, owns fucking loads and is generally known as a cunt

That would be him, I’ve never had the pleasure 🤔

Post the pictures Ramy, saves me opening the links 😄

Anyway, here's Rugby Park as I first remember it, when we had the best pitch in the country...

3b1c9b629f55242c78f297cc1a87699c.jpg

(Actually it's a bit later than that, the main stand enclosure's got seats in it).

Edited by Toepoke

47 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Post the pictures Ramy, saves me opening the links 😄

Anyway, here's Rugby Park as I first remember it, when we had the best pitch in the country...

3b1c9b629f55242c78f297cc1a87699c.jpg

(Actually it's a bit later than that, the main stand enclosure's got seats in it).

That will mean less selfies of me !!!🤣🤣