150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top. - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

150 anniversary shirt : boot in balls to anyone who bought the 2022-top.

Haggis_trap

14 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

I'm sorry, but anyone who wants to pay £90 for a football top or even with 30% off is off their head. Not to mention the junior price. It's a joke.

Have to agree with this. £90 for a football top is an absolute disgrace. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest issue for me is how out of touch with reality the SFA and Adidas are.

I get that they will be very pleased with themselves about the fact that they sold out so quickly despite the price, but surely they want to sell as many of these shirts as possible?

If they lowered the price and made them widely available they would make just as much money and their product would be much more widely on display.

The way they have done it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth and leaves them looking like mercenary barstewards.

I thought the SFA had learned this lesson, but clearly not.

Been a shambles all round, I guess a limited edition top isn’t limited edition if everyone has one. I know that sounds ridiculous but I’m trying to find some reason. 

I think given yesterdays debacle there will probably be another run possibly in the lead up to the England game

Edited by themikedoug

1 hour ago, themikedoug said:

Been a shambles all round, I guess a limited edition top isn’t limited edition if everyone has one. I know that sounds ridiculous but I’m trying to find some reason. 

I think given yesterdays debacle there will probably be another run possibly in the lead up to the England game

What usually happens is there is a ltd run of player spec shirts(hence the tight fitting) and then the normal shirts get issued as normal so anybody that wants one gets a shirt(just not the player spec tight one). Don't usually just issue a ltd run of spec shirts and then stop. See the message from the ssc says another issue on March 30th consisting of the shirt in a box at £119.Surely they aren't charging an extra £29 for it comimg in a box. Also one in a box with a coin and whisky for £150.the mind boggles. 

5 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Was this actually marketed as limited edition?  

I expect there to be plentiful supply to come. 

The fact they are charging £90 for it seems to suggest that this version is a ltd player spec shirt. The normal shirts at a lower price might still. come. You would like to think they would tell us if a lower priced version will follow though. 

21 minutes ago, thesaint said:

The fact they are charging £90 for it seems to suggest that this version is a ltd player spec shirt. The normal shirts at a lower price might still. come. You would like to think they would tell us if a lower priced version will follow though. 

I don’t think it’s a player spec. I think they’re just ripping the pish. 

Think there's a lot of fowk missing the point here, this is and was always going to be a limited edition jersey, it's a jersey made specifically to celebrate the 150th anniversary, it was also always going to be expensive but we have our discount code as members. I don't have an issue with the price, but obviously JD have made a HUGE mistake and the SFA will be RAGIN about it. 

I'm hoping that in reaction the SFA will see about arranging to do another batch to level things out and make sure that more fowk that want them can get one. 

If the SFA really wanted to "rip fowk off" they'd have produced 5x more than they have already and have binned the SSC discount code. 

Should have been done on a loyalty points basis IMO so that members got first dibs, and maybe a wee loyalty point too to say "Ta"! 

(LOVELY jerseys btw ;) )

44 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Was this actually marketed as limited edition?  

I expect there to be plentiful supply to come. 

Yes it was always going to be a limited edition jersey. 

41 minutes ago, Jamesie Cotter said:

It's not player spec.  It's a replica, and its the same sizing as the 2022 kits.

Don't remember many complaing about the fit of the 2022 kits while lots of guys saying they would really need to go a size up on this new shirt. Only going by what i've read as i couldn't get one. 

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Clearly the SFA have misjudged just how many absolute rockets there are with more money than sense in the tartan army here!

Hey-ho each to their own I suppose 🤷🏼‍♂️

Given the money we shell out going to away games , it's a drop in the ocean . Presumably we're all rockets with more money than sense ....

7 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Don't remember many complaing about the fit of the 2022 kits while lots of guys saying they would really need to go a size up on this new shirt. Only going by what i've read as i couldn't get one. 

It's a similar fit to the previous few , not roomy but not fitted either . Nowhere near the quality of the player issue typed one in the wee case years back which is a kind of rubbery material though 

21 hours ago, supersub said:

Not much actual point being in the SSC any longer.  A lot of people who aren't members got the new top using a code shared online and got 30% off. Many SSC members didn't get a top due to diabolical launch. Someone somewhere needs to be accountable for this shambles but SFA and SSC won't care as the top sold out. As always money talks but loyalty doesn't matter. Fair play to everyone who got 30% off as the £90 price point was a joke

Being in the SSC has fuck all to do with getting the new tops when they come out. You get a discount already for your SSC membership.

The price is OTT but evidently folk are willing to pay 

20 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

I'm sorry, but anyone who wants to pay £90 for a football top or even with 30% off is off their head. Not to mention the junior price. It's a joke.

Correct. DHgate loyal, they haven't let me down yet. Have ordered one at £14 so hopefully get it in a couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Clearly the SFA have misjudged just how many absolute rockets there are with more money than sense in the tartan army here!

Hey-ho each to their own I suppose 🤷🏼‍♂️

Agreed, insane money for a top that most folk will only wear to the football, and maybe a game of 5s. As above dhgate is your friend

5 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

It's a similar fit to the previous few , not roomy but not fitted either . Nowhere near the quality of the player issue typed one in the wee case years back which is a kind of rubbery material though 

That must be the type of shirt that is being released in a box on 30th March for £119 then. 

15 minutes ago, thesaint said:

So it is £29 dearer because it is in a box. Unreal. 

Yeah it’s a rip off but there’s 2 potential justification: 

1) a very expensive gift box 

2) by ‘collectors item’ logic,  one that’s retained in the box would presumably be worth far more in many years to come when compared with an equivalent top in the plastic bag. 

15 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Yeah it’s a rip off but there’s 2 potential justification: 

1) a very expensive gift box 

2) by ‘collectors item’ logic,  one that’s retained in the box would presumably be worth far more in many years to come when compared with an equivalent top in the plastic bag. 

Neither of those would convince me to buy it at £29 more. Madness. 

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

Being in the SSC has fuck all to do with getting the new tops when they come out. You get a discount already for your SSC membership.

My point being that one of the benefits of being a SSC member is the discount but given that the discount code was shared online then there is no actual benefit (ie non-members were able to get the same and in some cases larger discounts without having to pay any membership fee). There should have been some way to validate membership built in but its JD Sports and the SFA who we are talking about so they don't care who buys.

Edited by supersub