SNP leadership election - Page 67 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

The least populated part of the country 👍

The difference between a billboard with Forbes and a billboard with Yousaf will be the same in the most populated or least populated parts of Scotland

Fact ...

44 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

As someone stated earlier in this thread, she went to Dingwall Academy:
image.png.d729c03fbcbf8505ede6b116be6067a1.png

Not to take sides she went to several school in different countries, some international schooling, some in India etc.

She was both privately educated then finished up doing most of her exams as a Dingwall Academy pupil.

Also as an aside Oxford seems to be a much bigger cunt farm than Cambridge with respect to politics. Just my opinion though.

31 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The difference between a billboard with Forbes and a billboard with Yousaf will be the same in the most populated or least populated parts of Scotland

Fact ...

Are you unironically using "fact" ?

Poe's law rearing its head here.

Edited by phart

32 minutes ago, phart said:

Not to take sides she went to several school in different countries, some international schooling, some in India etc.

She was both privately educated then finished up doing most of her exams as a Dingwall Academy pupil.

Also as an aside Oxford seems to be a much bigger cunt farm than Cambridge with respect to politics. Just my opinion though.

Fair enough.

Incidentally, I think Lesley Riddoch went to Oxford. It's possible to come out the other end of that place and still be grounded in reality?

39 minutes ago, phart said:

Are you unironically using "fact" ?

Poe's law rearing its head here.

No - i am using Fact in it's proper definition

Take away common sense/instinct etc if you like and look at the popularity ratings of each of them 

So from going to just abstaining I'm going to vote for Forbes despite my criticisms. As I think Hampden Loon referred to, she has the ability to improve on her early campaign performance whereas I just don't think the other two have it in them. 

2 hours ago, Freeedom said:

What is it exactly that you like about her? She's not exactly a die hard independence campaigner. 

She's a privately educated, religious fundamentalist careerist politician.

Extremely honest, extremely intelligent, she’s a bible basher yes but hey everyone is untitled to have faith,, I know a few folk who know her and her and her parents. They are extremely committed independence supporters and she is as much a campaigner as any in holyrood, she was very active in 2014 campaigning.I would need to check but pretty sure she’s never went to a private school, she has worked outwith politics also so really don’t buy the careerist politician you are trying to pin on her. I have said from the outset prior to her taking over from McKay that she has FM potential, she’s always been one to watch for me,, just really hope she gets in,, 

1 hour ago, mcguffin said:

Fair enough.

Incidentally, I think Lesley Riddoch went to Oxford. It's possible to come out the other end of that place and still be grounded in reality?

Of course. I know a couple of graduates as well. I was meaning between the two oxbridge universities, Oxford has produced all the latest Tory PM's pretty much and Blair, only Brown and Major since the war haven't been there. The last Cambridge one was Stanley Baldwin.

Forbes went to Cambridge not Oxford so wasn't a dig at her.

Edited by phart

37 minutes ago, phart said:

Of course. I know a couple of graduates as well. I was meaning between the two oxbridge universities, Oxford has produced all the latest Tory PM's pretty much and Blair, only Brown and Major since the war haven't been there. The last Cambridge one was Stanley Baldwin.

Oxford does seem to be known for cunty toffs whereas Cambridge is famous for footlights 

42 minutes ago, phart said:

When you lay out the evidence like that, it's a bit stark: Only Brown and Major since the war not gone to Oxford?!!!😲

...and Stanley Baldwin the only Cambridge PM!!!

I think I see your point.

31 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

When you lay out the evidence like that, it's a bit stark: Only Brown and Major since the war not gone to Oxford?!!!😲

Not the only, the last one from Cambridge it was more prominent in the past.

3 hours ago, mcguffin said:

Poor old Jim Callaghan didn't go to university at all.  ☹️

5 hours ago, scotlad said:

Poor old Jim Callaghan didn't go to university at all.  ☹️

Didn't know that either. Imagine the snobbery he would have had to put up with back in those times? (Though maybe things aren't much different now come to think of it).