SNP leadership election - Page 69 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, aaid said:

Not so far - probably need another prediction from “smitty”.  It’s a very thin story tbf.  The only “source” appears to be someone who hasn’t been interviewed by the police themselves but who has spoken to someone who has.   The only new information appears to be that they’re looking at company cars but I guess that the police will go where they want in their investigation.  

I hope the police are interviewing all these taxi drivers with inside knowledge.

22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I hope the police are interviewing all these taxi drivers with inside knowledge.

Maybe the source was a taxi driver that has had "someone from the SNP in the back of my cab the other day"

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

Maybe the source was a taxi driver that has had "someone from the SNP in the back of my cab the other day"

If Humza knows then others will - how does he know he has a lead ?

https://archive.is/XJc3c

Humza Yousaf admitted “transfers could end up playing a part” but reaffirmed his main strategy was to get first preferences.
He said: “Well, my strategy has been to try to get as many first preferences as possible, obviously I have a significant lead.

On 3/24/2023 at 8:11 PM, scotlad said:

It's possibly worse now.

It didn't hold him back though; I think he's the only person to date in the UK to have held the "four great offices of state", i.e. PM, Chancellor of the Exchequer, home secretary and foreign secretary.

You could well be right.

I didn't know that about Jim Callaghan. Thanks. His autobiography could be an interesting read.

28 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Why was Liz loyd trying to put Kate off running? It’s very evident who was behind the smear campaign of Kate at the start of the campaign 

Is it?  What evidence do you have of that?

29 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If Humza knows then others will - how does he know he has a lead ?

https://archive.is/XJc3c

Humza Yousaf admitted “transfers could end up playing a part” but reaffirmed his main strategy was to get first preferences.
He said: “Well, my strategy has been to try to get as many first preferences as possible, obviously I have a significant lead.

Candidate talking up his chances, shocker.

2 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Anybody with any political savvy knows it’s true

You say its evident, which means there is evidence.   "Everyone knows it" isn't evidence.

You've made a very serious accusation, you've said there's evidence, you've refused to provide any.  People can draw their own conclusions to your veracity.

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

You say its evident, which means there is evidence.   "Everyone knows it" isn't evidence.

You've made a very serious accusation, you've said there's evidence, you've refused to provide any.  People can draw their own conclusions to your veracity.

🤣 aye ok

On 3/24/2023 at 6:41 PM, mcguffin said:

You should ask her. Her perspective would be really interesting.

I asked her yesterday, she said that yes people are a bit more stuck up at Oxford than Cambridge. She added that Cambridge is more "nerdy" and Oxford is a bit more humanities focused.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Just voted for Humza with little enthusiasm on the basis he’s the least worse option.

Of course you did

Least worst option for what ?

Independence ?

10 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If i could post the Trump gif where he says "Wrong" i would

9 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Yes it will matter to you down in your London  retreat while we have to put up with his shit governance and backward steps away from independence, well done you 👏 

Those Kate Forbes fanboys are all for unity that’s for sure.  

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Those Kate Forbes fanboys are all for unity that’s for sure.  

Unity? Sorry not everyone agrees with what you and HQ promote even if it detrimental to independence, yet those who do are ridiculed and targeted. You honestly believe  anyone thought you would vote anyone but humza? At least myself and others put it out there from the get go who we were backing instead of the nonsense ”I haven’t made up my mind” while tearing strip from two of the candidates while not pulling king humza up on his poor history in government 

6 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Unity? Sorry not everyone agrees with what you and HQ promote even if it detrimental to independence, yet those who do are ridiculed and targeted. You honestly believe  anyone thought you would vote anyone but humza? At least myself and others put it out there from the get go who we were backing instead of the nonsense ”I haven’t made up my mind” while tearing strip from two of the candidates while not pulling king humza up on his poor history in government 

Humza Yousaf at least has a track history in government, good and bad it’s there for everyone to see.   

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Humza Yousaf at least has a track history in government, good and bad it’s there for everyone to see.   

Why not just come out and say from the start you were going to follow HQ orders? I see humza came out and said he has the most first preference votes, a slip of the tongue or something more sinister? Regardless the man is a train wreck and to even come out with that shows his incompetence