SNP leadership election - Page 93 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Actually, the barriers up are from unionist supporting parties one of which you openly confess to voting for. The best thing for the independence movement is for Conservative, Labour and Lib Dems (in Scotland) stopping objecting to independence so vehemently and be more pliable to listen to such a large swathe of this country's population.

it’s pretty simple.  I will vote for independence given the chance, although I am a bit on the fence, but ideologically I would like it.

independence is not even a remote prospect just now so will vote for a centre right option aligned with my politics.  If an independence supporting centre right party emerged I would most likely vote for them.

I thought Kate Forbes might put the snp back in a position I could vote for them - it’s really been over the last couple of years that I have decided to stop voting snp.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

it’s pretty simple.  I will vote for independence given the chance, although I am a bit on the fence, but ideologically I would like it.

independence is not even a remote prospect just now so will vote for a centre right option aligned with my politics.  If an independence supporting centre right party emerged I would most likely vote for them.

I thought Kate Forbes might put the snp back in a position I could vote for them - it’s really been over the last couple of years that I have decided to stop voting snp.

Disagree on this point.  After Brexit, and all the other Pandemic based corruption from down south I think an Indy ref would comfortably result in at least a 55% yes vote.  If WM were so confident in this not happening they'd not refuse a ref, they'd let us get on with it and look silly voting against it again so quickly.

The longer this whole debacle is going on with the crime scene tents etc and no charges being brought the closer I am to looking out my tinfoil hat! 

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

That's the company that audits the SNP books chucked it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65212357

The BBC have conveniently issued a correction to their story

The Auditing Company stopped doing the SNPs books before Murrell resigned and this week's cabaret

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

That's the company that audits the SNP books chucked it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65212357

The party's total income was; £4,510,460

Total expenditure was £5,262,032

Assets were £1,630,454

Liabilities were £1,055,689.

WTAF

So, assets minus liabilities equals about £600K. There's the Independence Fund right there. 😉 😂

Now, what are we going to do with it, considering there is never going to be a referendum because our colonial masters at Westminster won't allow it? 🤔

3 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

For every SNP scandal, there's probably 100 Conservative scandals.

They've had at least three in the past fortnight.

Like this one, which happened on the same day as plod arrived at chez Murrell:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/apr/05/rishi-sunak-facing-calls-suspend-whip-scott-benton

Okay, it's not as interesting a story, but an MP representing the governing party having the whip removed because he was caught apparently prepared to lobby on behalf of a gambling company is still pretty serious news.  And yet, it's barely been mentioned. 

26 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Like this one, which happened on the same day as plod arrived at chez Murrell:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/apr/05/rishi-sunak-facing-calls-suspend-whip-scott-benton

Okay, it's not as interesting a story, but an MP representing the governing party having the whip removed because he was caught apparently prepared to lobby on behalf of a gambling company is still pretty serious news.  And yet, it's barely been mentioned. 

... and the week before that it was Matt Hancock and Kwasi Kwarteng.

Since - at least - the 90's, Conservative corruption has been on a different scale to every other party and yet people vote for them. It's absurd.

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

... and the week before that it was Matt Hancock and Kwasi Kwarteng.

Since - at least - the 90's, Conservative corruption has been on a different scale to every other party and yet people vote for them. It's absurd.

That's right - the fake (Korean?) company. Kwarteng is as bent as fuck and Hancock isn't any better.

The last thing you'd ever see though is the police digging up the garden of a former UK prime minister.  The Tories are riddled with corruption from top to bottom but every Tory PM has been allowed to leave office with dignity.

And then there's Tony Blair, arguably a war criminal (and that's being generous), yet he's able to make a fortune on the speaking circuit. Any hope Nicola Sturgeon has of doing likewise or landing a job with the UN or EU or somewhere is surely evaporating quickly.

33 minutes ago, scotlad said:

That's right - the fake (Korean?) company. Kwarteng is as bent as fuck and Hancock isn't any better.

The last thing you'd ever see though is the police digging up the garden of a former UK prime minister.  The Tories are riddled with corruption from top to bottom but every Tory PM has been allowed to leave office with dignity.

And then there's Tony Blair, arguably a war criminal (and that's being generous), yet he's able to make a fortune on the speaking circuit. Any hope Nicola Sturgeon has of doing likewise or landing a job with the UN or EU or somewhere is surely evaporating quickly.

This shows the scale of the fight scotland has on its hands to get independence. The two faces of Scottish nationalism have been ruined now whilst the leaders in London do as the please without any major repercussions 

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

This shows the scale of the fight scotland has on its hands to get independence. The two faces of Scottish nationalism have been ruined now whilst the leaders in London do as the please without any major repercussions 

The thing that's stopping me from thinking that it's a hatchet job is Douglas Chapman. When he was treasurer he was apparently prevented from seeing the books, so to speak. That's suspicious. 

Just now, scotlad said:

The thing that's stopping me from thinking that it's a hatchet job is Douglas Chapman. When he was treasurer he was apparently prevented from seeing the books, so to speak. That's suspicious. 

I don't think it's a hatchet job, I think sturgeon and Murrell fucked up. The difference is the media will insure sturgeon isn't left with a name for herself whilst the tories and Tony Blair can literally do anything and end up coming out of it smelling like roses 

15 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Chapman is an honourable lad, when he had to step down as they wouldn’t let him do his job alarm bells should have been on full blaze, it’s may be a case of a snowball effect, one little fuck up is covered up, then they need to cover up that they covered up and so on, a mass clear out is required. 

15 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

back to the leadership contest and i am hearing one candidate over spent by a massive amount, another thing to deal with by the look of it

I know everyone will assume it's Humza however the latest smear to re-appear is the SNP's relationship with Sanjeev Gupta - particularly Kate Forbes

This is Craig Murray's latest

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

So what did they find? Drugs? Bodies? Jimmy Hoffa? The stone of destiny? 

It'll all come out in the wash, as they say. 

At the moment I get the feeling it'll be like the Salmond affair: a lot of strong accusations which in the end will amount to very little.  The main objective being humiliation.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I know everyone will assume it's Humza however the latest smear to re-appear is the SNP's relationship with Sanjeev Gupta - particularly Kate Forbes

It's most probably pish then.

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I am extremely confident that KF will have no implications on the Gupta saga other than that she was the msp at the time of the constituency 

Police have seized a £110,000 luxury motorhome from Peter Murrell’s 92-year-old mother’s house in Fife

I went to look at the articles. It's like a product placement for the company that makes them. A paragraph about how it got lifted then a full spread detailing all the features. :D Working showers, felt lines walls etc etc. Was quite funny

Then obviously a round up of everything that has happened since Wednesday. I see this happened on Wednesday as well at the same time. Papers just getting wind of it now though.

Edited by phart