The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Interesting that Rangers have been awarded 6 penalties in the league this season and Celtic have been awarded…6 penalties in the league this season. Stats, eh! 

Now tell us how long since we each conceded one in a domestic league game 🤔

Stats eh!

You’re  some man FB, you lot have literally had 6 pens in a fortnight and you’d the cheek to say you should have had another one yesterday! 😂

14 minutes ago, slasher said:

Stats eh!

You’re  some man FB, you lot have literally had 6 pens in a fortnight and you’d the cheek to say you should have had another one yesterday! 😂

I also said the one we got shouldn’t have been given. 

30 minutes ago, slasher said:

Stats eh!

Donnae forget Slasher ma phal, when was the last time sevco conceded a penalty?? How many penalties have been awarded AGAINST sevco compared to all other clubs??? Read on the internet that it was a decade or so ago. Saying their discipline is immaculate. Ma fuckin arse, it's the referees and VAR that are immaculate.....

49 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Donnae forget Slasher ma phal, when was the last time sevco conceded a penalty?? How many penalties have been awarded AGAINST sevco compared to all other clubs??? Read on the internet that it was a decade or so ago. Saying their discipline is immaculate. Ma fuckin arse, it's the referees and VAR that are immaculate.....

Immaculate deception Ramy, spot on 👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 7:25 PM, Fairbairn said:

Interesting that Rangers have been awarded 6 penalties in the league this season and Celtic have been awarded…6 penalties in the league this season. Stats, eh! 

This issue is not the penalties awarded, its penalties conceded. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-penalties-against-record-shows-31588237

49 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

No, at one point it was definitely penalties awarded.  Hence all the hilarious "penalty to Rangers" jokes.

I am sure penalties awarded were an issue for some but you can't deny its also about Rangers not conceding a penalty. 

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I am sure penalties awarded were an issue for some but you can't deny its also about Rangers not conceding a penalty. 

It's also relevant when and under what circumstances the penalties to Sevco are given. Usually when they need a get out of jail and a much needed extra point or points to stay in the hunt.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Clubs are actually paying for VAR. They should stop immediately. I've watched Watkins elbowing the aberdeen centre half a few times now and I can't get my heard round why he wasn't sent off. 

Can understand the ref missing it at the time, I was there and seen Garteman fall but didn’t see the cause but how the hell did VAR say no further action required for what was blatant violent conduct. There’s only one reason and I hope Aberdeen take this all the way and call it out for what it obviously is, blatant anti Aberdeen discrimination. FUCK THE CORRUPT SFA.

4 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Can understand the ref missing it at the time, I was there and seen Garteman fall but didn’t see the cause but how the hell did VAR say no further action required for what was blatant violent conduct. There’s only one reason and I hope Aberdeen take this all the way and call it out for what it obviously is, blatant anti Aberdeen discrimination. FUCK THE CORRUPT SFA.

I assume this is a joke that I'm missing?

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I assume this is a joke that I'm missing?

No joke, what other conclusion can be had after seeing the refs & vars decision with Watkins elbow, stonewall red all day long. Add that to the debacle with the cup final ticket carve up & very little good makes it’s way northwards.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

No joke, what other conclusion can be had after seeing the refs & vars decision with Watkins elbow, stonewall red all day long. Add that to the debacle with the cup final ticket carve up & very little good makes it’s way northwards.

I assume the ticket allocation fiasco extended to your homes games against us and Killie as it appears a lot of Aberdeen fans were missing. 

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Come on.  You don't actually think it's anti Aberdeen bias, that's just moon howling.  What about the news recently that Dundee were on the end of 2 incorrect VAR reviews?  Is that an anti Dundee bias too?  Or is it just down to the same thing that's been wrong with the SFA/SPFL for years now?  Incompetence.

32 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Come on.  You don't actually think it's anti Aberdeen bias, that's just moon howling.  What about the news recently that Dundee were on the end of 2 incorrect VAR reviews?  Is that an anti Dundee bias too?  Or is it just down to the same thing that's been wrong with the SFA/SPFL for years now?  Incompetence.

Have you seen the Watkins elbow, if so do you think it strange that var didn’t think Watkins elbow deserved a red card?

4 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Have you seen the Watkins elbow, if so do you think it strange that var didn’t think Watkins elbow deserved a red card?

I’ve seen it and I think it was 100% a red card and I think it’s a disgrace VAR didn’t think the same. Doesn’t mean it’s “anti Aberdeen bias” though. Since VAR came in every single team has been on the end of bad decisions (except Rangers etc etc…). Granted this is up there with the worst of them but to genuinely think it’s bias against your team is paranoid nonsense. 

10 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I’ve seen it and I think it was 100% a red card and I think it’s a disgrace VAR didn’t think the same. Doesn’t mean it’s “anti Aberdeen bias” though. Since VAR came in every single team has been on the end of bad decisions (except Rangers etc etc…). Granted this is up there with the worst of them but to genuinely think it’s bias against your team is paranoid nonsense. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the refs and the VAR have issues with Robson. He's been outspoken about VAR in almost every game and I do think the Scottish officials would be that petty. 

• 3 weeks later...