Venue - Page 9 - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

Judith

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the number of fans that Scotland will take over is possibly causing the delay in announcing a stadium. It could be a huge amount and they probably have to give consideration as to where is big enough to stage the match, and also fans accommodation etc. Fans will turn up no matter where it is. 

Alternatively they might just be dragging their heels for the sake of being awkward bassas. 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I think the number of fans that Scotland will take over is possibly causing the delay in announcing a stadium. It could be a huge amount and they probably have to give consideration as to where is big enough to stage the match, and also fans accommodation etc. Fans will turn up no matter where it is. 

Alternatively they might just be dragging their heels for the sake of being awkward bassas. 

They’re still pissed about the long grass at Hampden 😜

29 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

They’re still pissed about the long grass at Hampden 😜

😂 Forgot about that. It will be like a jungle now in this tropical heat. Pity we weren’t playing Norway at Hampden this week.

13 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

It's hard to imagine the SFA would have many objections unless it was a comically small stadium for away allocation. For probably their biggest home game of the group, hard to imagine they wouldn't pick somewhere substantial

Yeah I think it’s more or less a formality the vast majority of the time. 

I suppose there could be some concerns if it’s the same stadium where Rangers played the Europa League final but I don’t think it will take long to send a couple of emails back and forward to sort that. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think if we get 4 points in the next 2 games, they;ll move it to somewhere tiny to restrict the away support. 

I’m not sure they would be allowed to do that if they have already told UEFA which stadium they intend to use which they should already have done. Not without a good reason anyway although I suppose they could just make one up. 

I genuinely doubt Spain would consider us a threat at home anyway regardless of how many supporters we take. I suspect they think they will destroy us over there. 

On 6/15/2023 at 11:48 PM, Texas Pete said:

Yeah I think it’s more or less a formality the vast majority of the time. 

I suppose there could be some concerns if it’s the same stadium where Rangers played the Europa League final but I don’t think it will take long to send a couple of emails back and forward to sort that. 

Toilet water is also available

2 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

I’m so tempted to take a punt. 

J

I'll likely avoid the bunfight for flights around the the Scotland match by heading out the weekend before. 

I presume La Liga will be on.

Betis or Sevilla ought to be at home.

thesaint hasnt posted on here for 2 weeks. He must be raging that it looks confirmed. His post count will take a battering. 

My travel strategy is looking promising at the moment, hopefully I will have recovered from the hypothermia from last night by then. 

34 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

thesaint hasnt posted on here for 2 weeks. He must be raging that it looks confirmed. His post count will take a battering. 

My travel strategy is looking promising at the moment, hopefully I will have recovered from the hypothermia from last night by then. 

On the contrary the saint is delighted. Flights and hotel booked many months ago. The very reason that i was so angry in the age it took them to confirm Seville was because i had already taken the gamble and splashed the cash. So happy days. 👍👍