Venue - Page 4 - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

Judith

25 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Still no exactly a stones throw for someone who gets travel sick in any car journey of 90 mins or more 🙂

This could be my biggest cock up since booking Bucharest instead of Budapest. 

Are you one of those people? Like the woman who was supposed to meet her group of friends in Palma (Majorca) but flew to Parma (Italy).

Re. Spain: what have you booked and paid for so far?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Are you one of those people? Like the woman who was supposed to meet her group of friends in Palma (Majorca) but flew to Parma (Italy).

Re. Spain: what have you booked and paid for so far?

I most certainly am one of those people 🙂 If I am not booking the wrong country I am taking a punt on the wrong location. Booked Split when the game was in Zagreb, though that was a fortunate mistake as I loved Split and have been back a few times since .

I have Gla -Malaga return flights 8-15 oct. Free cancellation on hotels in Malaga and Seville. 

35 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I most certainly am one of those people 🙂 If I am not booking the wrong country I am taking a punt on the wrong location. Booked Split when the game was in Zagreb, though that was a fortunate mistake as I loved Split and have been back a few times since .

I have Gla -Malaga return flights 8-15 oct. Free cancellation on hotels in Malaga and Seville. 

Split is well decent tbf

59 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

By way of flights, what made you take a punt on Malaga?

If I had taken a punt on anywhere it would have been Madrid. Not because I thought the match would be there, but because from Madrid you could get to anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

By way of flights, what made you take a punt on Malaga?

If I had taken a punt on anywhere it would have been Madrid. Not because I thought the match would be there, but because from Madrid you could get to anywhere.

Because of the ‘2 games in Andalusia ‘ comments. I was feeling reasonably confident it would be that area. I wanted to make it a holiday too and  I like that part of Spain, otherwise I probably would have held off. 
If the game ends up hours away we will just keep 3 nights hotel in Malaga, bin Seville hotel , travel to wherever the game is being played on 11th, and probably get a return flight closer to there and forget about the flight back from Malaga. There are return flights from Madrid for £70 just now might just book them 🙄

Its actually quite an exciting way to book things .  Like a mystery holiday….

On 3/14/2023 at 6:28 PM, TDYER63 said:

Great news if you are in Madrid.  Not so great when you are in Malaga 🙄

Bloody road works as well …..🙂

300D8E29-788B-47B6-AEDC-DEB0D0D84833.jpeg.a71f2bd3f5ba21f79d359a2bcf81c714.jpeg

It can be done by fast train ... had a quick look on Renfe, and between 5 and 7 hours dependent on time of day, and for as little as €70.

Doubt it will be there though as didn't the Spanish FA announce it was between Alicante, Elche or Gran Canaria... or was that just the papers making stuff up? Would be a tough drive for you to Gran Canaria from Malaga though.

1 hour ago, GLOSTA said:

It can be done by fast train ... had a quick look on Renfe, and between 5 and 7 hours dependent on time of day, and for as little as €70.

Doubt it will be there though as didn't the Spanish FA announce it was between Alicante, Elche or Gran Canaria... or was that just the papers making stuff up? Would be a tough drive for you to Gran Canaria from Malaga though.

The head of the Spanish fa has said it will definately be in Andelucia.Just not commiting to which stadium.Can only hope we can take what he said as gospel.

2 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

I think it was just the Daily Record making stuff up again, at least I hope so . Though a quick look on skyscanner says I can get a return flight from Malaga to Gran Canaria for £67 !
It seems like its a standard 70 quid to go anywhere in Spain 🙂

On 3/14/2023 at 7:52 PM, TDYER63 said:

Still no exactly a stones throw for someone who gets travel sick in any car journey of 90 mins or more 🙂

This could be my biggest cock up since booking Bucharest instead of Budapest. 

Might be worth considering an internal flight , they aren't that pricey , depending on where it is of course 

16 hours ago, stirlish said:

both Seville stadiums are 60k capacity, I think that might be too big.

There are three big stadiums in Seville. All would be suitable.

Real Betis and Sevilla but also the multi-purpose Estadio de La Cartuja (57k) which the Spanish FA have used many times in recent years.

On 3/15/2023 at 8:48 PM, thesaint said:

The head of the Spanish fa has said it will definately be in Andelucia.Just not commiting to which stadium.Can only hope we can take what he said as gospel.

Is that right?  It’s the possibility of booking flights to the mainland and finding out it’s on some island off Africa that’s giving me pause. 

34 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Is that right?  It’s the possibility of booking flights to the mainland and finding out it’s on some island off Africa that’s giving me pause. 

He was definately quoted as saying they would play Georgia in Valladolid and Cyprus in Santander and that Andalucia would host the Scotland game.. Still holding off myself as i have been burned with booking flights before. Would rather have it confirmed but then the availability and prices can become an issue. 

On 3/17/2023 at 3:28 PM, thesaint said:

He was definately quoted as saying they would play Georgia in Valladolid and Cyprus in Santander and that Andalucia would host the Scotland game.. Still holding off myself as i have been burned with booking flights before. Would rather have it confirmed but then the availability and prices can become an issue. 

Spain’s a big country, there should be plenty of opportunity to fly reasonably cheaply you’d have thought, if you don’t mind a drive. 

6 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Spain’s a big country, there should be plenty of opportunity to fly reasonably cheaply you’d have thought, if you don’t mind a drive. 

I was looking in to this a few months ago and you can get a flight from Bilbao to various airports in the south of the country for the grand total of £6 😂

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Anybody heard of vueling air? Looking at possibilities for Seville and their name came up. 

Spain's answer to Ryanair. 

Been on the go for a few years, but never really cracked the UK market.

Used them once to fly from Paris to Valencia and were actually not all that bad.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Spain's answer to Ryanair. 

Been on the go for a few years, but never really cracked the UK market.

Used them once to fly from Paris to Valencia and were actually not all that bad.

Possibly give them a go if i travel to Seville. Certainly the cheapest. Not sure whether to fly to Malaga and get the fast train. Make it a lot easier if the Spanish fa would confirm the venue. Would like to think the sfa would fight our corner a bit while the Spanish are here and try and push for a venue. Although i won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.