Indyref 2 (2) - Page 253 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

3 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

I took that to mean that the theoretical journalist could/should apply the same standard of curiosity and questioning for a person of similar standing in another party. Why is it a sensitive issue for some and not others? We know the answer to that re double standards but the pointless gotcha questions continue. 

Yes, that's what I meant. It's a genuine question from me. It's about the double standards and the pressure giving Sarwar a free pass compared to Forbes and Yousaf.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

5 hrs ago he had too busy a day to savage the Tories but had enough time 4 hrs ago to post a pathetic cartoon about the SNP. The last time i looked ‘a day’ was 24 hrs. Not much chance of him being able to calculate ‘a generation ‘ then is there.  The guy is an utter bellend.

IMG_9828.thumb.jpeg.8774fba17c794f6b4cf241fa837d7136.jpeg

Don't think too many people are going to disagree with your verdict on Mr Neill. 

5 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Related to this, not only Yousuf but does Sarwar ever get the same interrogation? Traditional, mainstream, majority Muslim views see same-sex relationships as being sinful. Has he ever been asked how he reconciles Labour Party policy with Islam? He aspires to be FM, what are his views, surely a good journalist would want to find out?

You've a better chance of finding a gay bar in Kabul than a good journalist in Scotland! Consequently Anas Sarwar is rarely asked anything more difficult than what his favourite breakfast cereal is.

Of course, there are far more searching and relevant things Anas Sarwar could - and should - be getting asked about, like his connections to a business that doesn't recognise trade unions or pay the real living wage (a slightly jarring position for someone who claims to lead a Labour party) or even to add some detail to the "change" that he insists people in Scotland want.

Then again, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Yes, that's what I meant. It's a genuine question from me. It's about the double standards and the pressure giving Sarwar a free pass compared to Forbes and Yousaf.

I should have realised when you used "good" and "journalist" in the same sentence. 🤣

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

You've a better chance of finding a gay bar in Kabul than a good journalist in Scotland! Consequently Anas Sarwar is rarely asked anything more difficult than what his favourite breakfast cereal is.

Case in point...

Posted (edited)

I saw some BBC analysis asking if the council gains for Labour and the mood of the country (sic) meant they'd do well in Scotland. But no mention of the fact that Labour had not done so well in some places with votes going to Greens and independents and maybe left leaning places where people angry at their stance on Gaza.  We shall see.

(As I type, I see LibDems have overtaken Tories in terms of number of council seats...)

Also if I'm been hearing right, this pattern of results would mean Labour could win majority in Westminster on basis of English results alone. The road to no.10 does not necesarily run through Scotland, as all the Labour Scots never tire of claiming.

Edited by exile

23 minutes ago, exile said:

Also if I'm been hearing right, this pattern of results would mean Labour could win majority in Westminster on basis of English results alone. The road to no.10 does not necesarily run through Scotland, as all the Labour Scots never tire of claiming.

With the reduction of Westminster seats for Scotland that's even more the case. I used to be a Labour Party member but they haven't been good for Scotland and Starmer's Government won't be either. A vote for Labour will be interpreted as a vote to stay in a Union which isn't working.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

So, he is basically suggesting we should execute some Scottish politicians. Classy dude.

Imagine this was, say, Pete Wishart posting a cartoon showing the last 4 Tory PMs being hung. It would be headline news for days on the likes of BBC Scotlans with the usual BritNat sycophants demanding sackings, resignations and senior SNP guys being door stepped by the likes of Glenn Campbell.

Neil is on a par with Kelvin McKenzie. A hate filles, odious little cunt. Must have been his upbringing in Ferguslie Park that's turned him into the poisonous shit that he is

Meanwhile ..

Does anyone think she can be this fucking stupid after three years of wasted energy ?

Exclusive:Nicola Sturgeon warns of 'push back' on women's rights and misogyny 'on the rise again'

Former first minister Nicola Sturgeon speaks out at launch of Val McDermid’s ‘Queen Macbeth’ book

43 minutes ago, exile said:

I saw some BBC analysis asking if the council gains for Labour and the mood of the country (sic) meant they'd do well in Scotland. But no mention of the fact that Labour had not done so well in some places with votes going to Greens and independents and maybe left leaning places where people angry at their stance on Gaza.  We shall see.

(As I type, I see LibDems have overtaken Tories in terms of number of council seats...)

On ITV news, for the first time, I heard them talking about a Labour win at Westminster but possibly without an overall majority. It could still be all to play for. As things stand at present this is our only possible route towards independence. 

42 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

On ITV news, for the first time, I heard them talking about a Labour win at Westminster but possibly without an overall majority. It could still be all to play for. As things stand at present this is our only possible route towards independence. 

When you say 'this' do you mean a hung parliament?

1 hour ago, exile said:

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I think the Lib Dems will make a good few gains from the Tories in England, probably more likely that they help Labour over the line if required.

Can anyone remind us, what is the strategy of each pro indy party to gain independence?

As far as I know the SNP's is something like 'build support' and 'send a signal'

What is Alba's plan? Green? ISP?  

I see BBC Scotland actually reported an AUOB march

Is it because it was not well attended ?

Hundreds take part in march for Scottish independence

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

That was my exact thinking when i saw the story. I don't remember them doing a story on the BiS rally a couple of weeks ago which had 25k at it.

The best form of propaganda is what you don't report. Lying by omission. 

15 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I didn't make this one due to family commitments but was surprised that they mentioned it, not normally the case.

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

What banner was everyone under? There was a few different ones on display. Some of which had nothing to do with independence

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

What banner was everyone under? There was a few different ones on display. Some of which had nothing to do with independence

This time i agree

I have been reading a lot into populations of late, specifically Scottish population.. there has been a marked increase in population flow from England to Scotland,, digging deeper into that, I found that of the inward migration, the % of these being on benifits is massive, I am not speaking about retirees either,, I then dug into the benifits Scotland v England and I was astonished with the difference, I will send in the documention later however,, a unemployed couple with 4 kids receives 23k in England while in Scotland this is 42k 😱🙈 absolutely shocking, the worst bit of this is that they charge the Scottish tax payers for removal from England to Scotland,,, absolutely insane.. why work when you get 42k tax free into your hand 

18 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I have been reading a lot into populations of late, specifically Scottish population.. there has been a marked increase in population flow from England to Scotland,, digging deeper into that, I found that of the inward migration, the % of these being on benifits is massive, I am not speaking about retirees either,, I then dug into the benifits Scotland v England and I was astonished with the difference, I will send in the documention later however,, a unemployed couple with 4 kids receives 23k in England while in Scotland this is 42k 😱🙈 absolutely shocking, the worst bit of this is that they charge the Scottish tax payers for removal from England to Scotland,,, absolutely insane.. why work when you get 42k tax free into your hand 

Will be interested to see that info 👍

Might need to stop those small boats coming over the border.