Indyref 2 (2) - Page 243 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen he has made another arse of himself regarding the Horizon Post Office scandal

If i was a cynic i would say it is completely down to him being a devolutionist rather than an Independence seeker

Someone from the SNP needs to come out and say unequivocally that they agree with the Cass report. aYousaf has avoided doing that.  Patrick Harvie is painting himself into a corner with his utterances, and pandering to him by not disagreeing with what he is saying is crazy.  If they could just accept what about 99% of the world acknowledges, that it is not possible to change sex and that trans people, while living as someone of the opposite sex, do not not actually miraculously become the opposite sex, we might get somewhere.  As it is, it's just another bad decision which will lose votes.  Why do they persist with this electoral suicide at every turn?  Surely it can't just be stupidity?  is it a deliberate strategy?

I think the time for political parties trying to claim they are the vehicle for independence has maybe passed.  They always put their own restraints on it (for example the SNP insist on EU membership which, while I personally tend to support it, divides opinion).  We need an organised independence movement that is a civic organisation, and if it is necessary to stand for election to implement that, it should be on a simple one line manifesto "independence for Scotland".  We can sort out the other stuff once we have indy regained, with a general election with any parties that want to stand.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Someone from the SNP needs to come out and say unequivocally that they agree with the Cass report. aYousaf has avoided doing that.  Patrick Harvie is painting himself into a corner with his utterances, and pandering to him by not disagreeing with what he is saying is crazy.  If they could just accept what about 99% of the world acknowledges, that it is not possible to change sex and that trans people, while living as someone of the opposite sex, do not not actually miraculously become the opposite sex, we might get somewhere.  As it is, it's just another bad decision which will lose votes.  Why do they persist with this electoral suicide at every turn?  Surely it can't just be stupidity?  is it a deliberate strategy?

I think the time for political parties trying to claim they are the vehicle for independence has maybe passed.  They always put their own restraints on it (for example the SNP insist on EU membership which, while I personally tend to support it, divides opinion).  We need an organised independence movement that is a civic organisation, and if it is necessary to stand for election to implement that, it should be on a simple one line manifesto "independence for Scotland".  We can sort out the other stuff once we have indy regained, with a general election with any parties that want to stand.

One of the problems with that is, doubters/Unionists/media won't allow an Indy party or anyone else to say they'll sort out other stuff once we're independent. They just demand answers, just as they did with a number of issues around 2014. It was the likes of Patrick Harvie, funnily enough, that pointed out many of the questions couldn't be answered at this point and both govts would have to be pragmatic and negotiate through these issues in the end. 

To me, the Cass report is just saying we shouldn't be so gung-ho with young people starting off on changing their gender/sex (whatever is acceptable language!) by taking drugs/hormones too readily as there hasn't been enough quality analysis/studies. That's what most parties are saying, just tiptoeing round the issue. If the SNP go too far in the more cautious direction, then they'd probably be called transphobic! If anything, the stooshie built up around this is almost a self fulfilling prophecy. I doubt that Isla person (or whatever they're calling themselves) would have tried it on re the prison rouse if there wasn't the huge focus on it all. 

Shocking that it needs someone like this to say it rather than someone from the SNP

Sturgeon is a traitor to Scottish independence, I have never been so sure of anything in my life,, WTF was the bite house agreement about!!!! Lost all the oil and gas workers vote, lost all the fishermen’s vote, lost all normal thinking voters vote!!! What an absolute disaster she has been for the snp and independence 

https://wingsoverscotland.com/an-uncommon-occurrence/

News reaches Wings this evening that Humza Yousaf has called an emergency meeting of the Scottish Cabinet at 10 o’clock tomorrow morning. (This information has been confirmed directly to us by a source very close to a member of said Cabinet.)

An emergency Cabinet meeting is an extraordinarily rare event. As far as we can establish there have only been two during the SNP’s time in power – when the budget failed to pass in 2009 and Alex Salmond’s administration had to decide whether or not to trigger a general election, and one the day after the Brexit vote to supposedly plan a second indyref (LOL). But in any case they’re extremely unusual.

The subject of the meeting has not been disclosed to us. It could, for example, concern imminent developments in Operation Branchform, or it could relate to the Bute House Agreement between the SNP and the Scottish Greens. Or Scotland could be about to declare war on Morocco or something. But we are told that the fact of the meeting taking place is a 100% certainty.

So no sleeping in tomorrow, readers. It’s probably going to be big.

On 4/21/2024 at 11:35 AM, TDYER63 said:

In Morocco now. 

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The subject of the meeting has not been disclosed to us. It could, for example, concern imminent developments in Operation Branchform, or it could relate to the Bute House Agreement between the SNP and the Scottish Greens. Or Scotland could be about to declare war on Morocco or something. But we are told that the fact of the meeting taking place is a 100% certainty.

So no sleeping in tomorrow, readers. It’s probably going to be big.

😱

Humza must walk surely? He was bawdeep with the Greens yesterday in an interview I saw earlier. The guys a serial loser. Failed at everything he's touched.

Delighted to hear this news.  I wonder if Yousaf will now resign, given that just yesterday he was saying the BHA was a good thing.

I can see polling figures for the SNP rising as a result of this.  Even better if the SNP moved away from some of the unpopular policies that resulted from the Greens being included in government - the woke stuff, plus the DRS that Slater made such a mess of and a few other things as well.  It's an opportunity for the SNP to press the reset button, although I think for that to happen we would need Yousaf himself to be ousted.

The wokies are already gunning for Forbes

0Uxc2EAp_bigger.jpg

Kate Forbes is not the answer. Okay she speaks Gaelic which is good…but her right-wing neo-conservative ultra-Christian orthodoxy won’t cut it.

I'll bet Humza is absolutely buzzin' right now. He will be thinking along the lines of "I've survived for over a year with absolute bucket loads of shit being thrown in my direction, it's now time for me to show them "wha's in cherge aroond here". Will it work? Time will tell, I suppose.

This is almost certainly the smartest move Humza has made since taking office. The situation is still slightly embarrassing for him though, since maintaining the BHA was part of his leadership bid and he was still in effect defending the agreement as recently as a couple of days ago, but in ending the agreement he's saved some face, for the time being at least.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next. Wings was suggesting the opposition would have the numbers now to force a VONC, and if I was in Sarwar's position I'd be tempted, going by current polling. Then again, I expect both Humza's personal polling as well as his party's will improve as a result of today's announcement. A general election victory would assure his position as FM for a while longer.