Indyref 2 (2) - Page 235 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

A magnificent piece of whataboutery Malcolm , you didn’t let me down. 

Well, instead of moaning about the transport system at every Scotland game maybe you could dig out that pushbike Mr Tebbit. 

😂😂  I love a bit of whataboutery.

no, it would never be a pushbike for me.  My other modes of transport are Italian scooters ranging from vintage to modern which are sadly more suited to sunny side streets of Rome than schlepping along a windswept M8 in the pissing rain.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

😂😂  I love a bit of whataboutery.

no, it would never be a pushbike for me.  My other modes of transport are Italian scooters ranging from vintage to modern which are sadly more suited to sunny side streets of Rome than schlepping along a windswept M8 in the pissing rain.

I never took you for a mod Malcolm, more a Bentley kinda guy. 

10 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I never took you for a mod Malcolm, more a Bentley kinda guy. 

Well there you go, people make a whole heap of assumptions on here  - my GS150 is my fun transport.   And no, never really liked the Bentleys - the bentayga is quite nice but too smooth styling - prefer a more industrial look.

Well there you go, people make a whole heap of assumptions on here  - my GS150 is my fun transport.   And no, never really liked the Bentleys - the bentayga is quite nice but too smooth styling - prefer a more industrial look.

Ah.....white van man. 

Don't know if this belongs to this thread or the news thread. Boris 'Please let me PM again' Johnson slating Sunak's proposed smoking ban:

'We are, on the whole, in favour of freedom and it is that single Anglo-Saxon idea of freedom that I think unites conservatives, or should unite conservatives.'

Just an insight into the mindset of our once PM, and no doubt shared by many around him. 'Anglo-Saxon idea of freedom', arrogant and laughable!

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Don't know if this belongs to this thread or the news thread. Boris 'Please let me PM again' Johnson slating Sunak's proposed smoking ban:

'We are, on the whole, in favour of freedom and it is that single Anglo-Saxon idea of freedom that I think unites conservatives, or should unite conservatives.'

Just an insight into the mindset of our once PM, and no doubt shared by many around him. 'Anglo-Saxon idea of freedom', arrogant and laughable!

Do you think Johnson and his ilk genuinely mean that kind of stuff or are they doing it to appeal to a certain kind of moron they know will lap it up? I'm never sure...

interested in people views on this….

if there was a referendum and 51% voted yes, should that be enough for independence?

if Scotland became independent, should there be another vote say 10 years later and if that was 51% in favour of the union should we reintegrate (assuming other actions would have us)?

interested as while that all sounds fine on paper there are clearly transaction costs involved.

50%+1 vote.=independence.

There would never be a second to return as people would have the wool removed from their lugs and  their eyes open to the lies they have been fed.

However democracy rules and if the mad malkies take over and get elected with a manifesto to rejoin the FUK,( former united kingdom) then a vote would need to take place and again 50%+1 would be the threshold.

if there was a referendum and 51% voted yes, should that be enough for independence?

if Scotland became independent, should there be another vote say 10 years later and if that was 51% in favour of the union should we reintegrate (assuming other actions would have us)?

interested as while that all sounds fine on paper there are clearly transaction costs involved.

No I would play yoons at their own game and make them wait 300+ years for a first referendum. And first up on independence is ensure water-tight security on forcing such a referendum making it Scotland's decision solely and f'all to do with Westminster.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

You're assuming rUK would want us back. Can you think of any former colonies that the UK would want back?

2 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Who put the 49% in charge.   Strike that; stupid question 🤔

Costs?   You can be bought Malcolm.   So long as it's not a tax on scooters you'll be happy.

I think we're owed quite a bit in 'transaction costs' as it is so no concerns there 👍

8 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

I think we're owed quite a bit in 'transaction costs' as it is so no concerns there 👍

there haven’t been any transaction costs as there has been no separation as yet?

8 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

You're assuming rUK would want us back. Can you think of any former colonies that the UK would want back?

yeah, that’s why I said assuming…. Not sure they would either.

10 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Or conversely any former colonies who wanted to be back under British rule? I cannot think of any. It can be taken as given the days of British Raj's are long gone. 👍

14 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

As it doesn't fit into the current negativer on this thread I thought I would mention the latest poll that places independence on 44% ahead on no on 42%.

And that’s the extremely worrying part, we haven’t a party that is able to mobilise them yes voters,, I have said it time and again that all the Snp had to do post 2014 was run a sound, competent, non divisive government and we would gain independence,, they have done the complete opposite 

Edited by hampden_loon2878