Indyref 2 (2) - Page 157 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's Companies House - Not HMRC

And sadly it is not faked

Aye - with Companies House you can list your nationality as Scottish: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nationalities/list-of-nationalities

Generally with legal documents, however, nationality is synonymous with citizenship - so it's very likely whoever filled out Sturgeon's details put her citizenship as the nationality because of this. I really think it's much ado about nothing.

23 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Aye - with Companies House you can list your nationality as Scottish: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nationalities/list-of-nationalities

Generally with legal documents, however, nationality is synonymous with citizenship - so it's very likely whoever filled out Sturgeon's details put her citizenship as the nationality because of this. I really think it's much ado about nothing.

I assume Salmond and Tasmina had someone else do theirs yet both managed to be registered as Scottish 

The thing is ...and the most galling thing .. is that not so long ago someone within the SNP would try their best to never allow this, or anything else, to happen that would give ammunition to the opposition.

She has set up a company to coin in the revenue she makes after almost destroying the SNP and Independence and makes this boob

It might be much ado about nothing but it is another fuck up to add to the others

21 hours ago, aaid said:

Well Wings no longer supports Scottish independence so that shouldn't be a surprise.   It just a bunch of swivel-eyed loons who he can con money out of.

Where did you get that idea?  He doesn't like the way the SNP has seemingly deliberately fucked up everything related to achieving indy in recent years.  Seems to me that his argument is with the SNP, not with the idea of independence.  As for your "swivel-eyed loons" comment, did someone at SNP HQ tell you to put that one in?

Unfortunately for those of us who have supported indy since before Sturgeon was born, Wings has tended to be ahead of the game on most things, and things do seem to be panning out much as he has been predicting.  The SNP needs a major clear out, and soon.

42 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Where did you get that idea?  He doesn't like the way the SNP has seemingly deliberately fucked up everything related to achieving indy in recent years.  Seems to me that his argument is with the SNP, not with the idea of independence.  As for your "swivel-eyed loons" comment, did someone at SNP HQ tell you to put that one in?

Unfortunately for those of us who have supported indy since before Sturgeon was born, Wings has tended to be ahead of the game on most things, and things do seem to be panning out much as he has been predicting.  The SNP needs a major clear out, and soon.

Details are here 

https://scotgoespop.blogspot.com/2023/09/end-of-era-as-wings-over-scotland.html

32 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Because of the work he did in 2014 I would be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt with regards to his allegiance, but based on the recent things I have seen its not that obvious. He is grasping at straws with this one, he seems absolutely obsessed with NS. 

On a different subject, when i was reading about the McCoist whinge online I noticed someone say that Scottish schools were getting a painting of Charlie hung in them. Please tell me this is not true. 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

On a different subject, when i was reading about the McCoist whinge online I noticed someone say that Scottish schools were getting a painting of Charlie hung in them. Please tell me this is not true. 

I think the UKG is proposing to offer all schools a portrait but it will optional as to whether the Heads accept them

45 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Because of the work he did in 2014 I would be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt with regards to his allegiance, but based on the recent things I have seen its not that obvious. He is grasping at straws with this one, he seems absolutely obsessed with NS. 

Champagne Charlie? 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I went to look at the Wings article to which that blog post refers, and it does not say that Stu Campbell opposes independence; it says that if the wokeist nutters were in charge of an indy Scotland, it would not be a pleasant place.  Hard to disagree with what he writes frankly.  I think you are wilfully misrepresenting his views, and doing it quite deliberately.

7 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I went to look at the Wings article to which that blog post refers, and it does not say that Stu Campbell opposes independence; it says that if the wokeist nutters were in charge of an indy Scotland, it would not be a pleasant place.  Hard to disagree with what he writes frankly.  I think you are wilfully misrepresenting his views, and doing it quite deliberately.

If there's anyone doing any misrepresenting then it's James Kelly,  I'm just reporting what he's saying.  He's a former NEC member of Alba, on this topic I happen to believe him.

20 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Yeah, this isnt going to create a fookin headaches for head teachers is it. 

I'd imagine if they had a picture of the Queen they'd replace it with Chuck but if not can't see them bothering unless there is outside pressure put on them by certain Yoon councils.

10 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

I'd imagine if they had a picture of the Queen they'd replace it with Chuck but if not can't see them bothering unless there is outside pressure put on them by certain Yoon councils.

Thats true. I hadn’t considered the schools that already have the Queen. Probably because I have never been in one ! 😁 I had this vision of Charlie been foisted on every school or being branded a traitor. 

14 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Thats true. I hadn’t considered the schools that already have the Queen. Probably because I have never been in one ! 😁

You've never been to school?

We had a nice portrait of Princess Anne in the school library when I taught in Essex - but that was only because she opened the music block. As far as I'm aware there were no pictures of the royals in the other schools I taught in, including state schools in Belfast.

Chucky's advisors might wish for his picture to be in every school but unless it was in a private place it would be a target for vandalism or just going missing. The only safe place is putting it where it couldn't be seen, which defeats the whole purpose of the exercise.

On 9/14/2023 at 3:55 PM, PapofGlencoe said:

Not that this really matters but putting Scottish in companies house is very possible and I see it all the time.

This is absolutely correct, but there’s a hell of a lot of people who don’t know that, indeed I was the same. When I became a director, I was preparing an epic email rant on the subject to Companies House, when I realised that I was able to put “Scottish” after all.

Down here i’ve only ever seen one guy put “English”.  I think, as others have said, these things are generally filled in my accountants or other advisors, who just assume that “British” is what you need to put down.

18 hours ago, aaid said:

If there's anyone doing any misrepresenting then it's James Kelly,  I'm just reporting what he's saying.  He's a former NEC member of Alba, on this topic I happen to believe him.

Yes, fair point that it is James Kelly doing the misrepresentation, but on reading the Wings article it doesn't actually say what Kelly is claiming - he is embellishing and distorting for his own ends.  Campbell specifically states that he would never vote no (not that he has a vote due to where he currently resides).  For Kelly to claim that Campbell is now a unionist is spectacularly missing the points that Campbell makes in his article.  Rather than a unionist, he is a very pissed off indy supporter, much like many of us really.

21 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Yes, fair point that it is James Kelly doing the misrepresentation, but on reading the Wings article it doesn't actually say what Kelly is claiming - he is embellishing and distorting for his own ends.  Campbell specifically states that he would never vote no (not that he has a vote due to where he currently resides).  For Kelly to claim that Campbell is now a unionist is spectacularly missing the points that Campbell makes in his article.  Rather than a unionist, he is a very pissed off indy supporter, much like many of us really.

If your views on independence are predicated on a particular form of politics that you think would be followed or - even worse - individuals who would have power or influence which would seem to be his big problem then you are not an indy supporter in my book unless you're one who doesn't believe in democracy.

If you start off with the fundamental principle of self-determination meaning that decisions about how the country is run are best made by those people who live there then there can be no *but* around who those people are.

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

You've never been to school?

We had a nice portrait of Princess Anne in the school library when I taught in Essex - but that was only because she opened the music block. As far as I'm aware there were no pictures of the royals in the other schools I taught in, including state schools in Belfast.

Chucky's advisors might wish for his picture to be in every school but unless it was in a private place it would be a target for vandalism or just going missing. The only safe place is putting it where it couldn't be seen, which defeats the whole purpose of the exercise.

Not a very good one judging by the way I structure my sentences ! 

Yeah, I cant see too many schools entertaining this. Apart from Larkhall maybe. The school walls will be groaning under the weight of portraits in every corridor , then they will be complaining to the SG about the crumbling schools 😁

11 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Reform being on 4% doesn’t sound right 

That would impact the Tory vote.  I tend to think that these marginal parties tend to be over-inflated in polls.  

As a comparison at the 2019 election, a combination of Brexit and UKIP - which would seem to be the closest to Reform - only got 0.6% of the vote in Scotland.

Edited by aaid