Indyref 2 (2) - Page 149 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Me neither. I probably do it on a regular basis, but let's face it, it may be an unpleasant job, but somebody has to to do it. 😉

I became aware of the huge difference in how some men talk to woman compared to men, when I was having to do quality checks on calls when i worked in a call centre. This was 20 years ago. Slightly different phenomenom but all linked in attiudes.

When i worked in a factory in the 90's loads of men complaining that women were working there too, "keeping good men out of jobs". "just here for pocket money".

It is pervasive, so not knowing about it is more likely a function of ones level of awareness as opposed to it not existing.

Now of course folk through it about as a rhetorical weapon as well to shut stuff down.

31 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Me neither. I probably do it on a regular basis, but let's face it, it may be an unpleasant job, but somebody has to to do it. 😉

😂

Dont  worry you are safe on here since I am the only woman and too thick to even know what it means .  But now that I have been ( correct tense ?) educated I will watching you ! 😣

38 minutes ago, phart said:

Karen is for entitled woman that want to see the manager and think they are the main character in life and therefore should get their own way.

Every day is a school day. Its not a word I ever use but at least I know what it actually means now. 

28 minutes ago, phart said:

I became aware of the huge difference in how some men talk to woman compared to men, when I was having to do quality checks on calls when i worked in a call centre. This was 20 years ago. Slightly different phenomenom but all linked in attiudes.

When i worked in a factory in the 90's loads of men complaining that women were working there too, "keeping good men out of jobs". "just here for pocket money".

It is pervasive, so not knowing about it is more likely a function of ones level of awareness as opposed to it not existing.

Now of course folk through it about as a rhetorical weapon as well to shut stuff down.

I do that as well. I think most men do. I guess that I must be a "mansplainer", a name-tag that I will just have to learn to live with. 😉

54 minutes ago, phart said:

Karen is for entitled woman that want to see the manager and think they are the main character in life and therefore should get their own way.

Often with some inherent bigotry built in. 

On 8/14/2023 at 2:34 PM, Ally Bongo said:

In fighting between pro Indy supporters needs to be reeled in however a confident political party should welcome criticism and address it-  but that is not what the SNP has become and why there is so much vitriol

What’s this then, criticism or just abuse?

16 minutes ago, aaid said:

Tommy Sheppard, owner of The Stand, which has persecuted fellow SNP MP Joanna Cherry to the max ?

Criticism

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Tommy Sheppard, owner of The Stand, which has persecuted fellow SNP MP Joanna Cherry to the max ?

Criticism

Tommy Sheppard has nothing to do with the day to day running of the Stand.  Are you suggesting that he has anything to do with the Joanna Cherry brouhaha because that would be defamation if you were. 

36 minutes ago, aaid said:

Tommy Sheppard has nothing to do with the day to day running of the Stand.  Are you suggesting that he has anything to do with the Joanna Cherry brouhaha because that would be defamation if you were. 

Tommy Sheppard - the SNP MP and owner of The Stand ?

Tommy Sheppard - the SNP MP and owner of The Stand who has said the total amount of fuck all whilst this was (and still is) happening despite leader of the SNP at Westminster Stephen Flynn saying it was a disgrace ?

That Tommy Sheppard ?

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Tommy Sheppard - the SNP MP and owner of The Stand ?

Tommy Sheppard - the SNP MP and owner of The Stand who has said the total amount of fuck all whilst this was (and still is) happening despite leader of the SNP at Westminster Stephen Flynn saying it was a disgrace ?

That Tommy Sheppard ?

One and the same.  The same Tommy Sheppard who stepped back from day to day involvement when he was elected as an MP because SNP MPs don’t have second jobs.

9 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Every day is a school day. Its not a word I ever use but at least I know what it actually means now. 

Thing is, it's not a school day, it's not actual learning; it's awful made-up ridiculous patter from young people. A bit of a generalisation but I fear 20 and 30 somethings of today are utterly embarrassing. Beamer new words and awful things to get their middle-class knickers in a twist over. We had proper rebelliousnous in my day. I'm totally becoming like every other generation before me In fearing for the youth of today. Fannies.

aaid and phart should be doing likewise rather than clinging on to their trendiness and condoning/encouraging the madness. Long live the oldies.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

One and the same.  The same Tommy Sheppard who stepped back from day to day involvement when he was elected as an MP because SNP MPs don’t have second jobs.

Are you saying the SNP MP owner of the Stand Club was unaware of what was going on and that it was another SNP MP, and supposed friend, that was being victimised by his club ?

Is this in the same ball park as Humza Yousaf saying he was "out the loop" and did not know at all what the term "Karen" meant ? 

In both cases Sheppard and Yousaf shat it and the Stand only backed down because they knew they would be taken to the cleaners in court

Even then when Joanna Cherry did appear at The Stand the staff activated smoke machines and lit the stage in "trans colours"  to harass her.

Yet the deaf and dumb owner is still silent

56 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Are you saying the SNP MP owner of the Stand Club was unaware of what was going on and that it was another SNP MP, and supposed friend, that was being victimised by his club ?

Is this in the same ball park as Humza Yousaf saying he was "out the loop" and did not know at all what the term "Karen" meant ? 

In both cases Sheppard and Yousaf shat it and the Stand only backed down because they knew they would be taken to the cleaners in court

Even then when Joanna Cherry did appear at The Stand the staff activated smoke machines and lit the stage in "trans colours"  to harass her.

The stage is lit in “trans colours” for all nights of the run.   

9 hours ago, duncan II said:

Thing is, it's not a school day, it's not actual learning; it's awful made-up ridiculous patter from young people. A bit of a generalisation but I fear 20 and 30 somethings of today are utterly embarrassing. Beamer new words and awful things to get their middle-class knickers in a twist over. We had proper rebelliousnous in my day. I'm totally becoming like every other generation before me In fearing for the youth of today. Fannies.

aaid and phart should be doing likewise rather than clinging on to their trendiness and condoning/encouraging the madness. Long live the oldies.

Every generation feels this way. Although thinking I have trendiness to cling onto is perhaps the nicest thing someone has said to me on here. I'm very happy.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Every generation feels this way. Although thinking I have trendiness to cling onto is perhaps the nicest thing someone has said to me on here. I'm very happy.

You’re just younger….. or early adopter to ‘new’ words & phraseology ……. but to me (older) they do jump out my phone screen and more often than not I need to find out what the meaning is! This would be good but usually the meaning is a shit itcher …… for me.

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I didn't realise that was the outcome of that whole saga.  😆 

1 hour ago, phart said:

Exactly what I would have said. I did have a wee giggle at the ‘trendiness ‘ and that is absolutely with the greatest of respect 😁

Every older generation thinks younger folk are morons. Not all, but a lot of older people do have a bit of a problem with changing society. ‘Youth of today’ moan moan moan , is not a recent statement. Likewise , language changes or we would all still be talking like Shakespeare. There are a number of words used that originates in my youth and they are hardly complimentary. 

I do think however that social media is causing a lot of issues we didn’t have in ‘ the olden days’. 

13 hours ago, aaid said:

It's like saying Dermot Desmond has no day to day running at Celtic but also doesn't have any say. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

18 hours ago, aaid said:

I think he might have a point, tbf...

I know the clip dates from 2015 - quite a different time from now - but even so, I'm surprised more wasn't made of it at the time.