Indyref 2 (2) - Page 134 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

48 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Away and fuck yourself, you pathetic cocksucker. 

Anyone prepared to defend this or pretend that it’s in anyway acceptable?

I’m in two minds whether or not to report it.  

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, aaid said:

Aye, I can just imagine you being a wee clype.  Same as you try to portray anyone who questions your slavishly "SNP establishment" views as somehow harming the indy cause.

3 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Aye, I can just imagine you being a wee clype.  Same as you try to portray anyone who questions your slavishly "SNP establishment" views as somehow harming the indy cause.

I’ve given you an opportunity to apologise because that’s out of character from you.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Away and fuck yourself, you pathetic cocksucker.  Are we supposed to just accept whatever shite comes along and say nothing?  I don't know what changed the ethos of the SNP, or the leadership at least, but something did, and I get the impression it happened round about 2017.  We had had the brexit vote and things looked good for indy at first, and then Nicola Sturgeon absolutely Hibsed it. At first it was the ludicrous electoral campaign to stop brexit when she should have been pushing the line that the only effective way to stop brexit for Scotland was independence; then she gradually shut off all options to achieve indy.  She got a boost from her generally reasonably decent handling of Covid, but since then it's been all downhill. Her capture by the zealots of genderwoo, her apparent fear of actually having the best people for the job in ministerial posts in case they posed a threat to her, even things like that bowing and scraping to Prince Charles - she became someone who didn't look like a leader of an independence movement.  I don't know what happened, but in 2017, something changed.  I've been SNP since Winnie Ewing won Hamilton, but I hardly recognise what the party has become in recent years.  I sent along to a branch meeting a few months ago, and the hostility from many when I tried to have a reasonable discussion about indy matters was astonishing.  I couldn't believe how many of them seem to regard Alex Salmond as being evil incarnate.  how short are there memories.  and then we have subservient wankers like you popping up every time anyone posts anything that is not absolutely in line with the current spineless leadership's perverted agenda.  I genuinely can't fathom how we got there, and my conclusion (seemingly shared by many others) is that it's been done deliberately; by whom I really don't know but it's a fair bet that the British state is somewhere in the shadows orchestrating the whole thing.  The SNP haven't even issued a murmur about the ridiculous supreme court decision and the possibility that it could be appealed or overturned or at least challenged in some way. Where are the leaders that we need?  Yousaf sure as fuck doesn't fit that bill (but of course you, Aaid, support everything he does.  Who's paying you?

Rant over.  time for lunch.

Don’t read much I disagree with.

38 minutes ago, aaid said:

In this case I am willing to make an exception, you have been provoking him and loon for a while. It was only a matter of time before one of them snapped at you

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Away and fuck yourself, you pathetic cocksucker.  Are we supposed to just accept whatever shite comes along and say nothing?  I don't know what changed the ethos of the SNP, or the leadership at least, but something did, and I get the impression it happened round about 2017.  We had had the brexit vote and things looked good for indy at first, and then Nicola Sturgeon absolutely Hibsed it. At first it was the ludicrous electoral campaign to stop brexit when she should have been pushing the line that the only effective way to stop brexit for Scotland was independence; then she gradually shut off all options to achieve indy.  She got a boost from her generally reasonably decent handling of Covid, but since then it's been all downhill. Her capture by the zealots of genderwoo, her apparent fear of actually having the best people for the job in ministerial posts in case they posed a threat to her, even things like that bowing and scraping to Prince Charles - she became someone who didn't look like a leader of an independence movement.  I don't know what happened, but in 2017, something changed.  I've been SNP since Winnie Ewing won Hamilton, but I hardly recognise what the party has become in recent years.  I sent along to a branch meeting a few months ago, and the hostility from many when I tried to have a reasonable discussion about indy matters was astonishing.  I couldn't believe how many of them seem to regard Alex Salmond as being evil incarnate.  how short are there memories.  and then we have subservient wankers like you popping up every time anyone posts anything that is not absolutely in line with the current spineless leadership's perverted agenda.  I genuinely can't fathom how we got there, and my conclusion (seemingly shared by many others) is that it's been done deliberately; by whom I really don't know but it's a fair bet that the British state is somewhere in the shadows orchestrating the whole thing.  The SNP haven't even issued a murmur about the ridiculous supreme court decision and the possibility that it could be appealed or overturned or at least challenged in some way. Where are the leaders that we need?  Yousaf sure as fuck doesn't fit that bill (but of course you, Aaid, support everything he does.  Who's paying you?

Rant over.  time for lunch.

I don't know if aaid is a pathetic cocksucker, he may be very good at it. Seriously though, other than the personal digs at him you make some very good points. Such an open goal with Brexit and still should be now we are seeing how damaging it is. Very weak leadership. 

45 minutes ago, aaid said:

I have been avoiding commenting as am fed up looking like I am permanently on the fence on here when i am only trying to make a balanced judgement on things.

However being a wummin who is incapable of shutting up…..

I see worse things written in the football sections on here at times. If folk were to report every similar comment there would be no bugger left . Its probably representative of society as a whole these days. Its hard to open your  mouth without someone taking things too personal . Alibis comments are nowhere near the same as the comment by a previous poster which IMO was reportable..Not by me right enough. 

FWIW I dont think Alibi , or probably Loon for that matter, are stirring the shit. I think they are just frustrated and angry. You may disagree with their opinions but it doesn’t mean they are always wrong . My comments the other day were aimed at external factions with a lot more clout than the odd TAMB poster. 

You are a very good poster and make a lot of valid points but struggle to accept negative comments about the SNP. I think that can be understandable to an extent as pro indy people spend so much time  trying to fight all the bullshit that the SNP doesn’t deserve, but there are times they need to be criticised. I honestly can’t think of anytime you have been critical of them on here. I dont think dirty linen should be washed in public but its not wrong to voice concerns . Being constantly combative doesn’t really achieve much other than get folks backs up. 

Just my thoughts for what they are worth …

1 hour ago, aaid said:

i remember you throwing a similar insult to me,, did i go greeting to admin haha,, you are a roaster BTW

50 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I have been avoiding commenting as am fed up looking like I am permanently on the fence on here when i am only trying to make a balanced judgement on things.

However being a wummin who is incapable of shutting up…..

I see worse things written in the football sections on here at times. If folk were to report every similar comment there would be no bugger left . Its probably representative of society as a whole these days. Its hard to open your  mouth without someone taking things too personal . Alibis comments are nowhere near the same as the comment by a previous poster which IMO was reportable..Not by me right enough. 

FWIW I dont think Alibi , or probably Loon for that matter, are stirring the shit. I think they are just frustrated and angry. You may disagree with their opinions but it doesn’t mean they are always wrong . My comments the other day were aimed at external factions with a lot more clout than the odd TAMB poster. 

You are a very good poster and make a lot of valid points but struggle to accept negative comments about the SNP. I think that can be understandable to an extent as pro indy people spend so much time  trying to fight all the bullshit that the SNP doesn’t deserve, but there are times they need to be criticised. I honestly can’t think of anytime you have been critical of them on here. I dont think dirty linen should be washed in public but its not wrong to voice concerns . Being constantly combative doesn’t really achieve much other than get folks backs up. 

Just my thoughts for what they are worth …

The voice of reason.  A lot of us are angry at the moment as things have transpired.  But we all have opinions but all have the same cause.  I have never been in a political party in my life.  But joined Alba last month.  My friend was angry at me this morning for not going to protest at st giles.  I am not interested in shouting and holding banners.  The ballot box is the only way.  The royals mean nothing to me so why would I get angry at that.

1 hour ago, SamP said:

The voice of reason.  A lot of us are angry at the moment as things have transpired.  But we all have opinions but all have the same cause.  I have never been in a political party in my life.  But joined Alba last month.  My friend was angry at me this morning for not going to protest at st giles.  I am not interested in shouting and holding banners.  The ballot box is the only way.  The royals mean nothing to me so why would I get angry at that.

have a similar view.  I’m a republican, despite being right wing and anti Green Party.  I have no interest in protesting as I am not enormously bothered and really can’t be arsed. There are far bigger problems right now, like brexit, stagflation, the imminent recession that will happen once interest rates are hiked to 8-10%.

26 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

have a similar view.  I’m a republican, despite being right wing and anti Green Party.  I have no interest in protesting as I am not enormously bothered and really can’t be arsed. There are far bigger problems right now, like brexit, stagflation, the imminent recession that will happen once interest rates are hiked to 8-10%.

Malcolm.  I am not right wing or anti green (apart from Celtic).  The anti monarchists today are making their point. That is a matter for them just not for me.  If Scotland's people can go in a positive way to gain independence then that is the right way.  We need the greens on board as well as Alba and SNP to make a positive case.  Not a negative one and blaming England for our woes.

2 minutes ago, SamP said:

Not a negative one and blaming England for our woes.

Even though it clearly is ?

12 minutes ago, SamP said:

It is our fault as well as theirs.  If we don't have the guts to run our own country and vote on it then it is our own fault.  No one elses.

true

On 7/4/2023 at 3:35 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Amazing how much the prospect of losing your seat makes you want to stand down eh?

The likes of Blackford, Chapman and Hosie are all of an age where you'd expect them to retire (I think Hosie's seat is one of the SNP's safest too, if that counts for anything).  

Mhairi Black I was surprised by though, not because she's any good but because she isn't, IMO.  She certainly doesn't impress me as much as she does some people.

One of the reasons she gave for standing down is because she found being an MP tiring.  I'm sure it's no walk in the park, especially if you're giving the job your all, but is it any less exhausting than the jobs most of us do?  Most jobs certainly don't go into recess for weeks on end and most don't pay anywhere near the same as an MP.  

She's popping up in the media a lot these days  though, I've noticed.  I can imagine her writing a column for a paper or appearing as a talking head on the telly.

On 7/5/2023 at 3:29 PM, hampden_loon2878 said:

macneil has been suspended from the party,, brilliant thats all the party needs in the western isles,,, WTF 

MacNeill's a bit of a renegade, they've almost certainly suspended him to try and shut him up.  It'll be interesting to see if he's allowed to stand as a candidate next year.  If not, then I think the SNP might struggle to retain that seat.

On 7/5/2023 at 2:07 PM, Och Aye said:

I don't know if aaid is a pathetic cocksucker, he may be very good at it. Seriously though, other than the personal digs at him you make some very good points. Such an open goal with Brexit and still should be now we are seeing how damaging it is. Very weak leadership. 

Open goal? No it wasn't. There is no open goal to independence. Westminster blocks another referendum ad nauseum so independence will never happen until that stance changes sadly and/or until the majority of Scots attitude changes.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Open goal? No it wasn't. There is no open goal to independence. Westminster blocks another referendum ad nauseum so independence will never happen until that stance changes sadly and/or until the majority of Scots attitude changes.

I'm refering to the response from the party. As was mentioned, in 2017 independence felt real. We had the fundamental change. A strong leader would have whipped up anger amongst Scots regarding Brexit but it was allowed to just peter out. Going to the courts for a ruling was stupid, did no one think about what losing that decision would do to the cause? (As Alibi refers, was is it deliberate? Certainly played right into the unionists hands). Has the Scottish government asked the UK government WHEN we can have another referendum?

Edited by Och Aye

18 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

I'm refering to the response from the party. As was mentioned, in 2017 independence felt real. We had the fundamental change. A strong leader would have whipped up anger amongst Scots regarding Brexit but it was allowed to just peter out. Going to the courts for a ruling was stupid, did no one think about what losing that decision would do to the cause? (As Alibi refers, was is it deliberate? Certainly played right into the unionists hands). Has the Scottish government asked the UK government WHEN we can have another referendum?

Funny how a lot of the people who were advocating that the Scottish Government go for a Holyrood referendum quietly slipped away from that position once the UKSC ruled against that and now act as if they never supported it.   I’m thinking specifically about Joanna Cherry who was the first person I can remember who advocated for that.  She’s never quiet in reminding people that “she” was the person who won the prorogation case.  In fact she was one of those that brought that case and it must really grate with her that it’s known in the law books now as “Wightman et al”. 

Alex Salmond’s - another advocate - response that they should’ve passed the bill for the referendum and then let the UKG refer on the basis that a bill passed by Holyrood would change matters somehow is also a false argument  

The UKSC is either political or it is apolitical depending on your viewpoint but in this context it’s irrelevant as they’d have passed the same judgement regardless.  If it’s a political arm of the British establishment then they’re not going to make a judgement in favour of the Scottish government.  If they’re apolitical and only opine on the law then they what Holyrood thinks would have no bearing on their decision. 

At least we now know where we stand with no legal grey areas, had the SG continued to dangle the prospect of a Holyrood election ad infinitum but not done anything to pursue that then that would’ve been deceitful. 

11 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

absolute thumping for the snp in the local byelection, we are looking at a total wipe out at the next election 

Ballot box Scotland’s pre-election preview from June 11. It’s a solid Labour ward, they were always going to win a by-election here.

But then you didn’t know anything of the demographics of this election before announcing it as a “absolute thumping” and you claim you’re not a shit stirrer.

https://ballotbox.scot/preview-ekw/

if you want a clue here, look at the turnout - 27.2% down, from 50.9% in 2022.  That’s what happens in by-elections when there is a clear winner.

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

Ballot box Scotland’s pre-election preview from June 11. It’s a solid Labour ward, they were always going to win a by-election here.

But then you didn’t know anything of the demographics of this election before announcing it as a “absolute thumping” and you claim you’re not a shit stirrer.

https://ballotbox.scot/preview-ekw/

if you want a clue here, look at the turnout - 27.2% down, from 50.9% in 2022.  That’s what happens in by-elections when there is a clear winner.

come awa @aaid waken up,, i am not shit steering just putting across what i am certain is goiing to happen at the next election. As a member and a passionate supporter of scottish independence, i have a responsibility to speak out when i see the party drifting away from actions that are best for the SNP and independence. I am not looking for a bite or wind you up, its just the truth 

5 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

come awa @aaid waken up,, i am not shit steering just putting across what i am certain is goiing to happen at the next election. As a member and a passionate supporter of scottish independence, i have a responsibility to speak out when i see the party drifting away from actions that are best for the SNP and independence. I am not looking for a bite or wind you up, its just the truth 

I was planning to post that exact post yesterday but as a prediction as I knew you’d come out with that crap - you always do and I can see right through you.  I used to think you had someone in your ear who was feeding you crap which you believed.  I now see that you know it’s crap but don’t care.

Edited by aaid

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

I was planning to post that exact post yesterday but as a prediction as I knew you’d come out with that crap - you always do and I can see right through you.  I used to think you had someone in your ear who was feeding you crap which you believed.  I now see that you know it’s crap but don’t care.

anyone seen that we were in for a thumping,, doesnt make it any better, the fact is that on current trends labour is gonna destroy us and the tories will take over the northeast again

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

and no its not crap, most of what i say is bang on the money,, you know this