Indyref 2 (2) - Page 129 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

3 hours ago, aaid said:

The pause for effect as you describe it is actually her finishing her speech as you can see by her closing her folder.

I see the Met Police didn’t take long to throw out Cherry’s complaint.  

It’s all about Joanna.  

She’s certainly part of the problem, easy for me to say this but you could argue she’s weaponising the threats made against her but who knows what someone is capable of. 

Like I’ve said, they are both as bad as each other and don’t help one bit. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

wow

cherry.jpg

cherry2.jpg

this looks pretty clear cut to me.  Generally speaking I do not think online threats are to be taken too seriously.  I dont think it's the same as the common refrain "i'd break their legs if i saw them".. Neither of the above are in any sense a phrase people say... "murder them in broad daylight in a crowded street"..  nutter.

If someone said that about me online, I'd take it to the police as well.  At least for noting if nothing else and i'm not shy.  Don't think it speaks to the victim here's personality in any way.  If you do, take a step back.

2 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I don't think the .001% or whatever it is of real cases of abnormally chromosomed birthed people is really what this is about.  By this judgement nothing can be determined because it can never be 100% proven.  It may be true on a philosophical level but girls know who a boy is when they're playing against them at football.  I'm more than willing to admit to changes but some things are just what they are and are being overthought, in my book.

Clearly people feel different to the stereotype of the sex they are; outside the venn diagram.  What needs to happen is degendering personalites surely.  we've degendered everthing else (colours, toys, legal speak "workmanship" came up recently in a contract dispute I'm aware of haha, jobs....all quite a rightly and a giant leap) but seem caught up on this and have got mixed up.  I think it's a total miscommunication that's got out of hand, both sides talking at cross purposes; with a few nut jobs and bad actors in between. 

I'm not saying it to excuse i'm saying it in the context of refuting absolutism , there's always exceptions and the problem is how we deal with the exceptions.

However we need accurate information Abnormal chromsomal occurence is much higher during a genomic scanning it was found 1/500 men had an extra one, if we go and just take any unspecified chromonsonal abnormality, it's about 1.2% of a total population with error bars ofc.

However this is beside the point. It isn't a case of quantity it's how we deal with it qualitatively it's turned into this horrendous culture war thing.

It's a cultural overton window things anyway, culture has always moved and been resisted by older generations this isn't anything different. 

I don't understand the phenomenom of distress being caused by not being the correct gender however enough educated folk have been looking into it and it seems to be something tangible so i just go with that.

I would probably class myself as an average member of the public , not entirely stupid but not highly intelligent either. I am pretty lost in everything that is going on with trans and I dont think it would be unfair to say a lot of people feel the same. From a science point of view, most  folk will be educated up to O Grade biology at best , I took no science subjects whatsoever. And  from an understanding of how transgender people feel there will be an equally small section of the population qualified . 

There  is just too much noise and arguing going on to get a decent understanding of it. Not so much on here, there is at least a semblance of discussion on here. But other areas of media. 

None of my friends talk about it, probably because like me they do not have enough knowledge. That doesn’t seem to stop a lot of folk who also have no or little knowledge screaming about it and going off at tangents. On both sides of the argument .

I end up switching off and remain none the wiser. I may be painting myself as pig shit thick but its tiring and I just dont have the energy to invest in it. Its disappointing as the subject should be nowhere near an Indyref thread, not because it is unimportant,  but in the grand scheme of things the subject should not be affecting independence in any way whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I would probably class myself as an average member of the public , not entirely stupid but not highly intelligent either. I am pretty lost in everything that is going on with trans and I dont think it would be unfair to say a lot of people feel the same. From a science point of view, most  folk will be educated up to O Grade biology at best , I took no science subjects whatsoever. And  from an understanding of how transgender people feel there will be an equally small section of the population qualified . 

There  is just too much noise and arguing going on to get a decent understanding of it. Not so much on here, there is at least a semblance of discussion on here. But other areas of media. 

None of my friends talk about it, probably because like me they do not have enough knowledge. That doesn’t seem to stop a lot of folk who also have no or little knowledge screaming about it and going off at tangents. On both sides of the argument .

I end up switching off and remain none the wiser. I may be painting myself as pig shit thick but its tiring and I just dont have the energy to invest in it. Its disappointing as the subject should be nowhere near an Indyref thread, not because it is unimportant,  but in the grand scheme of things the subject should not be affecting independence in any way whatsoever. 

👍

This is the only place I see/hear it mentioned. Most folk don't give a shit.

Bellshill By-Election Result

Lab: 52% (+ 13%)

SNP: 27% (-14%)

Tories: 8.6%

BUP: 4%

ALBA: 3.8%

Green: 1.6%

LibDem: 1.1%

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

Maybe worth considering the circumstances of why that particular by-election came about?

Still, what a performance from Alba, fifth place behind the Orange Lodge.  #AlbaRising

Always something or someone else to blame, not the fucking train wreck policies being pushed on us 

27 minutes ago, aaid said:

Maybe worth considering the circumstances of why that particular by-election came about?

Is that going to be your line when the SNP get hammered in Rutherglen and Hamilton West ?

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Is that going to be your line when the SNP get hammered in Rutherglen and Hamilton West ?

I think the SNP have put up a very strong candidate but the sense I get is that the people of Rutherglen are pretty pissed off at Margaret Ferrier. 

For similar reasons, I expect that the Tories will lose Uxbridge heavily.

18 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Always something or someone else to blame, not the fucking train wreck policies being pushed on us 

That article is all about “haven’t Alba done well” when it’s patent bollocks - that’s why I mentioned them.

29 minutes ago, phart said:

22.7% turnout?

This is the context of the by-election.

https://news.sky.com/story/police-probe-into-ex-snp-council-leader-jordan-linden-over-sexual-assault-claim-12886717

North Lanarkshire council has been a complete cesspit for decades going back to the whole Monklandsgate scandal in the 1990s under Labour.  The SNP group there has been pretty much in internecine strife for years.

https://scotgoespop.blogspot.com/2023/06/landmark-panelbase-poll-shows-snp-on.html

As expected, opinion polls since the unpopular Humza Yousaf became First Minister in highly controversial circumstances three months ago have shown voters punishing the SNP for their choice.  The party's lead over Labour has dwindled to almost nothing in many cases, and there have even been a few polls that have shown Labour either level or in the lead on the Holyrood list ballot.  And yet the denial from Team Humza has been quite simply astounding - anonymous briefings to the press have suggested that the poll results are somehow even heartening in the circumstances.  That may simply be because, until now, no conventional poll has shown the SNP quite losing their lead on the Westminster ballot or on the Holyrood constituency ballot, which are regarded (wrongly) as more important votes than the Holyrood list.  If so, tonight will bring a shuddering halt to the complacency, and that may be no bad thing.

Scottish voting intentions for the next UK general election (Panelbase / Sunday Times, 12th-15th June 2023):
Labour 34% (+3)
SNP 34% (-5)
Conservatives 18% (-1)
Liberal Democrats 7% (+2)

Seats projection (with changes from 2019 general election): Labour 26 (+25), SNP 21 (-27), Conservatives 7 (+1), Liberal Democrats 5 (+1)