Indyref 2 (2) - Page 54 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

You look at the stats that are presented and again the basic statistical innumeracy of folk is astounding.

"The most recent figures show that in Scotland’s largest city, an estimated 14,700 people are officially unemployed. But when you count everyone of working age without a job – students, carers, disability benefit claimants and those who have retired before the official pension age – that number leaps to a staggering 110,200.

That’s nearly 25 per cent of the workforce."

So actually 14.7 k of people are unemployed. Carers have a job by the way and it's "paid" at about 10% of the of minimum wage, we save the country money not cost it. Anyway i digress.

So if 110200 is "nearly" a quarter of the workforce we can guesstimate 500k is the workforce since that would put the 110200 figure between 20% and 25%.

so 500k x 0.037 = 18500

So in Glasgow the unemployment rate is actually less than the ONS stated 3.7% and runs at 2.94% if we use the figures being presented as this egregious societal failing.

He talks about economically inactive and cites students, carers and disability benefit claimants, but we have no breakdown of their figures. Does he want folk to give up their education and caring responsibilities to go and work? We already know what happened when Tory policy had a go at the latter group.

Edited by phart

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/3/2023 at 9:27 PM, hampden_loon2878 said:

Exactly it’s sticking out a bloody mile, why the hell Have the party followed this insane vote losing policy,, something not right at all

Couldn't agree more, this is NOT a subject that should be getting anywhere near the indy conversation, it's utter madness that it's being allowed to by a supposed independence party.
I stay out of the detail of the gender debate as I think on the whole the most of it is just fking stupid, but independence isn't and we need to stop allowing our attention being distracted by minority issues that are a normal part of day to day conversation in society and should be treated as such, they should not be driving direction. 

1 hour ago, Bzzzz said:

Couldn't agree more, this is NOT a subject that should be getting anywhere near the indy conversation, it's utter madness that it's being allowed to by a supposed independence party.
I stay out of the detail of the gender debate as I think on the whole the most of it is just fking stupid, but independence isn't and we need to stop allowing our attention being distracted by minority issues that are a normal part of day to day conversation in society and should be treated as such, they should not be driving direction. 

i really doesnt make sense to me,, the snp exist to further the cause of independence, that is is,, go after policies that give us a better chance of it,,, does that policy further the cause of independence? no!! so really they are not doing what thewy are elected to do.. we need a clear out before to much damage is done by these nut jobs,, there are a lot within the party from grass roots all the way up that are disgusted in how the party have ended up, sturgeon has completely lost the dressing room 

20 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

i really doesnt make sense to me,, the snp exist to further the cause of independence, that is is,, go after policies that give us a better chance of it,,, does that policy further the cause of independence? no!! so really they are not doing what thewy are elected to do.. we need a clear out before to much damage is done by these nut jobs,, there are a lot within the party from grass roots all the way up that are disgusted in how the party have ended up, sturgeon has completely lost the dressing room 

I'd say the same for the Westminster crew too, there are some who are clearly FAR too comfortable with all the fun they’re having down there and whilst I wouldn’t want anyone to hate their job are they not there to remove us from this system rather than become a part of it? clearly the life of expenses and comfort as a part of the British establishment suits some. I challenged Pete Wishart on the back of his criticising Kenny MacAskill’s plans to agitate in that place and was advised that that doesn’t help and pushes people away from indy… Where has the sitting back and being nice helped? How has the “being part of the British political system” helped? How has politely asking for our independence got us? My concern is that the SNP are becoming part of the British establishment and there is more interest and motivation for getting re-elected than the actual reason we put them there in the first place.
The SNP should NOT be settling for being a party of government in a devolved Scotland.

the pushing of the loony left green policies is what’s going to be the downfall.  Read yesterdays wings over Scotland to see the deviancy that is opening up here. The GRR bill has blown it.  Somebody in the Green Party must have the pictures of Nicola as surely she can see that this has gone down like a shit sandwich with the public.

Anyone want to have a go about what is so off the scale awful about an - as yet - unpublished bill?

Anyone want to put forwards an argument as to how you can cure homosexuality?

Anyone want to think about why Wings Over Scotland and the Spectator are pushing the same lines?

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Anyone want to have a go about what is so off the scale awful about an - as yet - unpublished bill?

Anyone want to put forwards an argument as to how you can cure homosexuality?

Anyone want to think about why Wings Over Scotland and the Spectator are pushing the same lines?

honestly you need to get a grip, whether or not it is “awful” or not, it will damage the case for independence,, maybe that doesn’t bother you however I would like to see independence in my lifetime.. it’s bloody idiocy from the snp

5 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

honestly you need to get a grip, whether or not it is “awful” or not, it will damage the case for independence,, maybe that doesn’t bother you however I would like to see independence in my lifetime.. it’s bloody idiocy from the snp

Avoiding answering the question I see.

57 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

You are the one that needs to stop dreaming of this being a foothold for Alba. This policy has already been introduced in several perfectly same and proper countries around the world. Its not affected the governance there.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

You are the one that needs to stop dreaming of this being a foothold for Alba. This policy has already been introduced in several perfectly same and proper countries around the world. Its not affected the governance there.

the public dont want it.  Thr greens and the snp are providing a platform for deviants.  Some of the “working parties”, have all kinds under discussion.

Badly misjudged by the snp aligned with lunatic fringe groups 

Just now, Malcolm said:

the public dont want it.  Thr greens and the snp are providing a platform for deviants.  Some of the “working parties”, have all kinds under discussion.

Badly misjudged by the snp aligned with lunatic fringe groups 

Do you care to place a bet that the next election in Scotland the SNP walk it?

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Do you care to place a bet that the next election in Scotland the SNP walk it?

They may well do.  There is no cohesive opposition to them and the unionist vote is split.

it will be interesting to see if alba can start to make inroads

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I will place a bet the vote and seat share will be drastically down unless it is a defacto referendum,, I would place any amount of money you want 

What a backtrack. You were forecasting political armageddon a few posts back. Snp will return with roughly same amount of seats with Labour taking all of the Tory seats and one of Alba's. Lib Dem taking perhaps 3 with the Malcolm party wiped out. 

The way you and your new political buddy Malc were creaming yourselves hours ago you.were predicting so much more for unionist and Alba parties over a policy that many countries around the globe have already introduced some time ago without any rise in sexual deviant cases like loony and desperate political figures in this country are predicting/hoping for.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

9 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

What a backtrack. You were forecasting political armageddon a few posts back. Snp will return with roughly same amount of seats with Labour taking all of the Tory seats and one of Alba's. Lib Dem taking perhaps 3 with the Malcolm party wiped out. 

The way you and your new political buddy Malc were creaming yourselves hours ago you.were predicting so much more for unionist and Alba parties over a policy that many countries around the globe have already introduced some time ago without any rise in sexual deviant cases like loony and desperate political figures in this country are predicting/hoping for.

is this what’s happening in other countries?  Will it be a hate crime to try and prevent your kids from becoming trannys?

https://wingsoverscotland.com/raise-all-of-the-flags/#more-134015

10 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

when was i forecasting Armageddon haha you speak some shit, i said that we will not achieve independence du to the policies that are turning voters away,, sturgeon will not achieve us out independence, are you and aaid the same person? either that or you are riding each other.. better away get me and malcom banned like you did with thplinth because we doint follow you trans agenda and actually want independence,, so will we place a bet that the snp will lose seats at the next election> i am going for 10 to 15 seats at westminster 

Your timely reminder that this was an SNP manifesto commitment at the 2021 Holyrood election - which the SNP won.

God forbid that they do what they said they would do.

Over the next parliament we will go further. Re-elect the SNP to:

End conversion therapy
There is no place for conversion therapy in Scotland. Such practices are discriminatory and harmful to the mental health and wellbeing of LGBTI people. The UK Government made a commitment to ban conversion therapy in their LGBT Action Plan, and we fully support this, as we know making a ban fully comprehensive will involve action in reserved areas. However, if the UK Government does not take action, we will bring forward our own legislation insofar as is possible within the powers of the Scottish Parliament

5 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

when was i forecasting Armageddon haha you speak some shit, i said that we will not achieve independence du to the policies that are turning voters away,, sturgeon will not achieve us out independence, are you and aaid the same person? either that or you are riding each other.. better away get me and malcom banned like you did with thplinth because we doint follow you trans agenda and actually want independence,, so will we place a bet that the snp will lose seats at the next election> i am going for 10 to 15 seats at westminster 

We're not going to achieve independence because France, Germany and the USA are not going to legitimise it without Westminster consent.  i believe there's a lot of "scotwashing" going on behind the scenes.

Not on 51% anyway and probably not on 60%plus either.  we'll probably need support so obvious that even the progressive English put pressure to deliver us a vote: aint going to happen with our fickle population at least for a few decades, i doubt ever.

It'll have nothing to do with trans stuff even if it is insane to most people.  

still put my vote in the right box but I think we're doomed unless something fresh happens.  

my cheery note for the day!

Edited by PapofGlencoe