Euro 2024 Travel - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2024 Travel

GaryWood34

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/9/2022 at 9:05 PM, thesaint said:

Anybody booked flights to Oslo .I had flights booked and they just sent an email saying the flight from Edinburgh on the 15th June with SAS has been cancelled.The return on the 18th June was still going ahead but because they cancelled the Edinburgh to Oslo flight the whole booking has been cancelled.it is still 7 months away so it seems a bit early to cancel.Anybody else booked anything yet.Having to start the search again.

I was due to fly out from Edinburgh to Oslo with SAS on the 14th, and they messaged me on Christmas Day to say instead of a lunchtime flight direct to Oslo, it was now an evening flight to Stockholm, a seven hour wait overnight in the airport, then a flight to Oslo the next day.

Took the opportunity to get a full refund and currently working something else out.

1 hour ago, Sempre said:

I was due to fly out from Edinburgh to Oslo with SAS on the 14th, and they messaged me on Christmas Day to say instead of a lunchtime flight direct to Oslo, it was now an evening flight to Stockholm, a seven hour wait overnight in the airport, then a flight to Oslo the next day.

Took the opportunity to get a full refund and currently working something else out.

Yes. Same as me. Starting the search all over again. Feeling it will have to be via London. Thought they were very early cancelling the Edinburgh to Oslo flights. Pain in the arse these days trying to get flights booked that you can rely on. 

I have flights booked with KLM from Edi - Amsterdam - Oslo and the departing flight is now been put back from 6am to 9:10am meaning we have to get the later connection from Amsterdam to Oslo and instead of getting us into Oslo for 12:10pm its not 6:30pm we have basically lost the day in Oslo and will revert to airplane/Airport refreshments "responsibly".  Gutted to lose the day in Oslo but happy to still have flights.

1 hour ago, Mushet84 said:

I have flights booked with KLM from Edi - Amsterdam - Oslo and the departing flight is now been put back from 6am to 9:10am meaning we have to get the later connection from Amsterdam to Oslo and instead of getting us into Oslo for 12:10pm its not 6:30pm we have basically lost the day in Oslo and will revert to airplane/Airport refreshments "responsibly".  Gutted to lose the day in Oslo but happy to still have flights.

It is a hell of a carry on trying to book flights these days. Even if you manage to get flights it's almost obligatory that they either get cancelled or the depature time is changed. 

On 12/31/2022 at 11:40 PM, thesaint said:

Yes. Same as me. Starting the search all over again. Feeling it will have to be via London. Thought they were very early cancelling the Edinburgh to Oslo flights. Pain in the arse these days trying to get flights booked that you can rely on. 

You could do a bounce via Copenhagen or Amsters? poss Poland too... 

On 1/6/2023 at 1:00 PM, saintsparky said:

Any chance that someone can update the Away Games section for this year's games....no one is discussing Ireland away last June anymore!!!

It would make it easier to discuss travel plans for each of the upcoming games...

Agreed

On 1/13/2023 at 4:41 PM, Rents said:

Is there any chat on routes to Cyprus as yet?

I’m flying Gatwick to Larnaca EasyJet on the Thursday.

Got a ridiculous route home as I’m off to the Scotland v South Africa Rugby World Cup game in Marseilles. Double header for us. 

Larnaca - Paris - Easyjet

Paris to Marseilles - TGV

Marseilles to Madrid - Iberian

Madrid to Gatwick - Iberian

J

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Got my flights booked for Oslo.  Only on 11 or 12 points so fair chance won’t get an away end ticket.  Anyone know how Norway sell home tickets?  I’ve been trying to find something online but nada.  
Too early?

Wouldn't rule out you getting an away end ticket on 12 points. Obviously depends on whether they give us 5 or 10% allocation. What is your route to get there? I was booked from Edinburgh but flights were cancelled. 

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

Wouldn't rule out you getting an away end ticket on 12 points. Obviously depends on whether they give us 5 or 10% allocation. What is your route to get there? I was booked from Edinburgh but flights were cancelled. 

Oh aye, I think I’ve got a chance of a ticket but obviously it’s a gamble. 

Missed out on away tickets Dublin last year by a bawhair, but easy enough getting for home end. Ready to do the same this year if possible. 

We’re going Manchester to Oslo Torp 9:30 on Friday morning, back same route Sunday 10:30. It’s either the drive south or two flights.  Just as quick doing it this way I think. 

12 minutes ago, tartan davie said:

are wonky sheep doing anything for the away games

They sent me an email yesterday saying they are doing trips. They also included a survey with the email asking what games i was planning to go to and if i wanted chartered flights and straight back or also to include hotel accomodation. 

On 1/21/2023 at 12:57 PM, adamntg said:

Got my flights booked for Oslo.  Only on 11 or 12 points so fair chance won’t get an away end ticket.  Anyone know how Norway sell home tickets?  I’ve been trying to find something online but nada.  
Too early?

While can not take it for granted, Norway have been very generous to us in the past.

Game under Burley they gave us 2,300 and it went to 3 points, and I have something in the back of my mind that they may have even gave us more very last minute, and that game was considered winner takes all for who finished 2nd behind the Dutch.

Also sure last two times Norway have been in Glasgow (Berties last home game, and the Burley match) they have brought an absolute massive support (remember the Counting House was packed with Norwegians buying bottles of Champaign!)  

Just now, wanderer said:

While can not take it for granted, Norway have been very generous to us in the past.

Game under Burley they gave us 2,300 and it went to 3 points, and I have something in the back of my mind that they may have even gave us more very last minute, and that game was considered winner takes all for who finished 2nd behind the Dutch.

Also sure last two times Norway have been in Glasgow (Berties last home game, and the Burley match) they have brought an absolute massive support (remember the Counting House was packed with Norwegians buying bottles of Champaign!)  

That sounds very hopeful then.  I suppose Norwegians in Glasgow will be taking advantage of champagne costing what a pint does back home. 

Having said that, I paid £6.70 for a pint (plus a quid for the tumbler) at the Hydro last week so maybe they won’t be quite so flash this time. 

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

That sounds very hopeful then.  I suppose Norwegians in Glasgow will be taking advantage of champagne costing what a pint does back home. 

Having said that, I paid £6.70 for a pint (plus a quid for the tumbler) at the Hydro last week so maybe they won’t be quite so flash this time. 

It was quite something to watch (basically same as us when we go to Eastern Europe)... imagine they will be in for a shock this time around given what you will pay for a pint in most Glasgow and Edinburgh pubs these days.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Don't remember them having anymore than the usual away allocation. Weren't pockets of them in the home end or anything, but i'm sure the support that were here  all made good use of the cheap drink in Glasgow compared to Norway so i'm sure the pubs were popular with virtually all of them that made the trip. 😊