Euro 2024 Travel - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2024 Travel

GaryWood34

6 hours ago, Kirk said:

Looks like bigger games may be at Seville so hopefully that applys to us

I doubt it as it didn’t last time when we played in Alicante. We weren’t a pot 2 team then right enough but we still won’t be a big draw.

I think the ground in Alicante holds 32,000 and there was only around 24,000 at the game in 2011.

Wherever the game is played I hope the SFA secure at least 10% of the capacity.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I doubt it as it didn’t last time when we played in Alicante. We weren’t a pot 2 team then right enough but we still won’t be a big draw.

I think the ground in Alicante holds 32,000 and there was only around 24,000 at the game in 2011.

Wherever the game is played I hope the SFA secure at least 10% of the capacity.

We are a much better side now though, hopefully they take that into consideration. Although don't think anyone struggled for tickets in Alicante either. That stadium was a bit of a dump too. Remember standing up in the corner with a load of others and the "stairs" were some sort of interesting thrown together slantey bits of cement basically. 

22 minutes ago, Kirk said:

We are a much better side now though, hopefully they take that into consideration. Although don't think anyone struggled for tickets in Alicante either. That stadium was a bit of a dump too. Remember standing up in the corner with a load of others and the "stairs" were some sort of interesting thrown together slantey bits of cement basically. 

We are a lot better but your average Spanish supporter either won’t know that or won’t care. 

As much as we love Scotland we are not a big draw and qualifiers aren’t that attractive in general to some countries that qualify for every tournament. 

Hopefully the game will be at a half decent stadium with a capacity of at least 50,000 but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was another 30,000 stadium. I didn’t go to Alicante last time but from what you’ve said I hope it’s not there as I’ll be going this time. 

15 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Last time we played in Norway in November 2013 it was in Bergen (1-0, Scott Brown).

I think Ullevall was being renovated at the time. 

Our game next year will definitely be in Oslo unless they are renovating again or of something else unusual happens. 

On 10/10/2022 at 1:40 PM, Rich NATA said:

We played in Nicosia last time, but seemingly Cyprus have not played in Nicosia since September 2021 (against Russia).

Their last 6 home matches have all been played in Larnaca; including matches against Croatia, Northern Ireland and Greece.

Also a new stadium in limassol is under construction that will probably be open by our game. Apparently costs have gone up to 35 million so Cyprus may want to make use of that ground at every opportunity. Capacity is 11,000 I think.

52 minutes ago, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

Also a new stadium in limassol is under construction that will probably be open by our game. Apparently costs have gone up to 35 million so Cyprus may want to make use of that ground at every opportunity. Capacity is 11,000 I think.

Just had a look at that. I see they've laid the turf, so this new stadium probably makes it a choice from three... Limassol, Larnaca or Nicosia. 

On 10/10/2022 at 7:14 PM, Kirk said:

Aye, I was up in one of those corners, think the stadium was modernised for the 1982 WC. 

I seem to remember buying a spare home end ticket & going to a ATM to get it printed off. 

14 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Aye, I was up in one of those corners, think the stadium was modernised for the 1982 WC. 

I seem to remember buying a spare home end ticket & going to a ATM to get it printed off. 

We were the corner at the end where Goodwille Scored the penalty.
Yeah thats right some tickets were done that way. Was a great trip

13 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

What % do we get from each nation minimum? 

Used to be 5% for Euro qualifiers and 10% for World Cup qualifiers (or could have been the other way round). 

I think UEFA regulations just state ‘a reasonable amount’ of tickets should be made available to away associations now. Not sure what that means exactly but I think the generally accepted minimum is 5% with room for negotiation if both countries want more than that. 

Olso booked via Gdansk and back direct to Edinburgh next morning, and for Cyprus booked a all inclusive break for the family for 5 days in Paphos via Gatwick.

Georgia, looks like with Kyiv no longer a mid-point option, having to really look around.

Word of warning though, speaking to a few guys I met out there last time, there is redevelopment work to happen at the Dinamo Stadium in Tbilisi, and with it being November (they played Sweden there last November), do not rule out Batumi, which is something you must really take in to account based on how many of the flights out of Tbilisi are at silly o'clock in the morning.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Olso booked via Gdansk and back direct to Edinburgh next morning, and for Cyprus booked a all inclusive break for the family for 5 days in Paphos via Gatwick.

Georgia, looks like with Kyiv no longer a mid-point option, having to really look around.

Word of warning though, speaking to a few guys I met out there last time, there is redevelopment work to happen at the Dinamo Stadium in Tbilisi, and with it being November (they played Sweden there last November), do not rule out Batumi, which is something you must really take in to account based on how many of the flights out of Tbilisi are at silly o'clock in the morning.

Think we had a night in Istanbul last time just to avoid those 3am flights home , we arrived at 3am as well if I recall 

On 10/13/2022 at 1:00 AM, Texas Pete said:

Used to be 5% for Euro qualifiers and 10% for World Cup qualifiers (or could have been the other way round). 

I think UEFA regulations just state ‘a reasonable amount’ of tickets should be made available to away associations now. Not sure what that means exactly but I think the generally accepted minimum is 5% with room for negotiation if both countries want more than that. 

Thank you

On 10/19/2022 at 8:38 PM, adamntg said:

Anyone got any wisdom about likelihood of tickets for Norway game for 11/12 points.  Sounds a bit dodgy to me - how about home end?

In the past Norway have always been more than generous for us for tickets from what I recall.

Something at the back of my mind says that for the Burley game years ago they released more to the SFA pretty late in the day for the game and opened up more sections.

On 10/12/2022 at 7:24 PM, Rich NATA said:

Just had a look at that. I see they've laid the turf, so this new stadium probably makes it a choice from three... Limassol, Larnaca or Nicosia. 

Little bit premature but all booked for Larnaca, Cyprus now 👍🏻

7th-10th

Way Out

GLA-STN (Easyjet)

STN-LCA (Jet 2)

Way Back

LCA-BUD (Wizz)

BUD - EDI (Ryanair)

Edited by Big Brows