Euro 2024 Travel - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2024 Travel

GaryWood34

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

While can not take it for granted, Norway have been very generous to us in the past.

Game under Burley they gave us 2,300 and it went to 3 points, and I have something in the back of my mind that they may have even gave us more very last minute, and that game was considered winner takes all for who finished 2nd behind the Dutch.

Also sure last two times Norway have been in Glasgow (Berties last home game, and the Burley match) they have brought an absolute massive support (remember the Counting House was packed with Norwegians buying bottles of Champaign!)  

Amazing what the thought of cheap drink can do. Gave us extra tickets for a winner takes all home game(presumably because they couldn'f sell them).😊

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Don't remember them having anymore than the usual away allocation. Weren't pockets of them in the home end or anything, but i'm sure the support that were here  all made good use of the cheap drink in Glasgow compared to Norway so i'm sure the pubs were popular with virtually all of them that made the trip. 😊

Was meaning more that it was a team that you did not expect to bring such a large support, yet city centre was heaving that day.

32 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Was meaning more that it was a team that you did not expect to bring such a large support, yet city centre was heaving that day.

Yes. They had the usual away allocation but i suppose there have been plenty of so called bigger teams who don't sell their allocation. Will be interested in how many Spain will bring. They don't have a history of big nunbers travelling. Even in their league football some of the away fans that you see at games is pretty poor,and that includes Real Madrid and Barcelona. Amyway i'm sure the Norway support back then would have had a few nights in Glasgow cheaper than at home even including the travel costs. 😊

Same for me today @thesaint.   I'd checked just a few days ago and had 2 more.

Can't be due to a game dropping off as that was already accounted for.   They updated the addition of Turkey at the expense of San Marino on their 21-Nov-2022 tables.

Looks more like the 2 points for renewing memberships are missing.   Perhaps a work in progress?

I know there are TAMBers who have had problems with Kiwi.com

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience booking with Trip.com?

Looking at a trip, which involves 2 low-cost airlines on the return leg.

I could book with the two airlines directly, but if the first flight is significantly delayed the second flight will be f*cked and I'll be stuck in a transit country.

I presume the 1st airline will just say they got me to my destination (albeit late) and the 2nd airline will say not our fault you missed our flight.

I presume booking with someone like Trip.com might give me slightly more support if the connection falls through?

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

I could book with the two airlines directly, but if the first flight is significantly delayed the second flight will be f*cked and I'll be stuck in a transit country.

I presume the 1st airline will just say they got me to my destination (albeit late) and the 2nd airline will say not our fault you missed our flight.

I presume booking with someone like Trip.com might give me slightly more support if the connection falls through?

I’ve used them for Dublin and krakow..no problems either time👍 booked with them again for Oslo from Abz.

13 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Avoid like the plague!!!!!!

Great if your flight goes ahead, but slightest hitch and say goodbye to your money (Trip.com binned a flight as part of a two flight route on me 2 years ago, and took about 18 months to get the money back, as they argued that it was not a through booking and my first flight was still valid)

Edited by wanderer

I had a very good experience of Kiwi.

6 of us booked through Kiwi for Albania as it was 2 different carriers Easyjet from Edinburgh to Milan then Albanian Wings from Milan to Tirana.

Easyjet flight was delayed about 3 hours and we missed the connection (along with 100 or so other Scotland supporters). Kiwi arranged hotels near Milan airport and rebooked us on flights early the next morning (all free of charge) in plenty time for the game.

If I had booked these flights separately we would have been snookered.

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

You're joking. Knew that flyb had went bust but suppose they must be connected to flyr. 

I don't think they are connected. I suspect Flyr is Norwegian for flyer.

Then there's FlyBE.

I believe the BE stands for British-European.

Edited by Rich NATA

3 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I don't think they are connected. I suspect Flyr is Norwegian for flyer.

Then there's FlyBE.

I believe the BE stands for British-European.

It really is a nightmare trying to book flights. They either change flight times, cancel flights or go bust. This will be my 3rd attempt to book flights to Oslo. 

On 1/31/2023 at 2:12 PM, hamilton wanderer said:

I had a very good experience of Kiwi.

6 of us booked through Kiwi for Albania as it was 2 different carriers Easyjet from Edinburgh to Milan then Albanian Wings from Milan to Tirana.

Easyjet flight was delayed about 3 hours and we missed the connection (along with 100 or so other Scotland supporters). Kiwi arranged hotels near Milan airport and rebooked us on flights early the next morning (all free of charge) in plenty time for the game.

If I had booked these flights separately we would have been snookered.

cheers

48 minutes ago, thesaint said:

It really is a nightmare trying to book flights. They either change flight times, cancel flights or go bust. This will be my 3rd attempt to book flights to Oslo. 

Try SAS (Scandinavian Airlines).

I booked OSLO-MANCHESTER with them a couple of days ago. It was under £100 (and that included me paying extra for some luggage).

Can then get the train up the road from Manchester Airport Station.

Edited by Rich NATA

Wonky Sheep just announced that they are doing a flight only from Glasgow to Oslo for 2 nights. Anyone who doesn’t have flights this looks like really good option 

https://wonkysheep.co.uk/scotland/

I went to Moldova with them and thought it was great. I’m lucky enough to have got Norwegian airlines flights at a decent price before it went skyrocket but some of my pals are going to book this