Foreign football - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Foreign football

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

The easiest way to stop diving is to apply the rules that already exist. Personally I would remove the yellow card for a dive and have any potential dives reviewed after the match. Anybody who dives gets a 2 game ban. Each time you are found guilty in a season a game gets added to the next ban. For example if you dive twice in the same game you get a 3 game ban, next time you dive its 4 games etc. 

When players are the n/a the clubs would soon stamp it out.

I hate players that dive including those from my own team, bit like always crying wolf when there's no wolf around, the players get a deserved reputation & don't get decisions when they're actually fouled. Time to really punish the cheats in every team.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/15/2023 at 12:35 PM, Diamond Scot said:

The easiest way to stop diving is to apply the rules that already exist. Personally I would remove the yellow card for a dive and have any potential dives reviewed after the match. Anybody who dives gets a 2 game ban. Each time you are found guilty in a season a game gets added to the next ban. For example if you dive twice in the same game you get a 3 game ban, next time you dive its 4 games etc. 

When players are the n/a the clubs would soon stamp it out.

I said this before would be the best and probably only way to really get rid of it. Cantwell would be banned til next season

On 12/14/2023 at 10:19 PM, Shaundy said:

Stop hitting refs bud .

was so impressed to see Liverpool starting with six 20 or younger tonight even bringing on another two teenagers . Doaks was the youngest and wasn’t too bad. They lost but Klopp is a coach in the Clarke level . 
Doaks will be in the 23 

Ha ha ha, I am the ref.

6 hours ago, dan cake said:

Scored the winner and captained his team also, being touted with a move to one of the big boys in Serie A. Any add on’s for the dons?

Rumour has it, there’s 20%, but in reality, only the clubs will really know. Could be a big bonus for us when he does go I would hope. 

33 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Rumour has it, there’s 20%, but in reality, only the clubs will really know. Could be a big bonus for us when he does go I would hope. 

Hibs have been waiting for John McGinn to go to Man Utd or Newcastle for the last 3 years 😆

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ger intae them said:

watching Sunderland game on itv…….. has McCoist got new false teeth? Sounds like a taxi driver I used to get who always had trouble with his gnashers.

His teeth have rotted wi all the pish he’s spouted recently 😜
Maybe it’s his middle engurland accent today 🤬

Edited by RDFH64

1 hour ago, ger intae them said:

watching Sunderland game on itv…….. has McCoist got new false teeth? Sounds like a taxi driver I used to get who always had trouble with his gnashers.

Hate when they describe any game that isn’t a derby as a derby, sound turned down for me since the game started when i found out who was commentating. Barmy army been mentioned yet?

20 hours ago, dan cake said:

Hate when they describe any game that isn’t a derby as a derby, sound turned down for me since the game started when i found out who was commentating. Barmy army been mentioned yet?

Are you saying Sunderland v Newcastle isn't a local derby?

20 hours ago, dan cake said:

The most bizarre one being Crystal Palace v Brighton named after the road that links them. The M23 derby!

The definition of Derby is "local"

Rangers v Celtic, Liverpool v Everton etc are city derbies

Motherwell v Accies and Newcastle v Sunderland are local derbies (Lanarkshire & Tyneside)

There is more rivalry between Accies and Motherwell ......................

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Yes/no a derby is game between two teams in the same city or town!

Forfar v Brechin?

Arbroath v Montrose?

St Mirren v Morton?

I suppose folk can make up their own definitions of they want. 

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

Totally agree. Sunderland v Newcastle is a local rivalry.

I was in Sunderland last summer visiting my sister, and I can assure you, they fuckin hate Newcastle, and there is always bother.. Went into Newcastle with my brother in law, and went to Shearers Pub at the Football ground. Same craic, Newcastle hate Sunderland with a passion..  

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I was in Sunderland last summer visiting my sister, and I can assure you, they fuckin hate Newcastle, and there is always bother.. Went into Newcastle with my brother in law, and went to Shearers Pub at the Football ground. Same craic, Newcastle hate Sunderland with a passion..  

There’s no place for hate in football, surely stronger feelings than hate 😜