Season 22/23 - Page 93 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ok.  All the newspapers reporting on news must be sick as well.  Nobody should read it or comment on it as it is all a wind up!  Aye. From now on I will stick to reading about the case and have an adult conversation with friends about that and other items of the news of the day.  Stand on.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Could not agree more, I read that post but did not reply, which I knew he was hoping I would. He is the only one on this board who I have seen post on this disgusting topic. Imagine using child abuse to wind folk up.. what a sick cunt indeed.....

I have no problem with people discussing the topic but I do have a problem with people who are posting about just to have a dig at a football club or people on here

Kevin Clancy won't referee a game this weekend, he will instead be the ref in charge of VAR for the Livi game. I'm not sure this is the right message to send. Unless Clancy has asked to be stood down then I don't see why the SFA don't let him referee another game this weekend.

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Seems a bit of a strange one.  Guess he's probably on a high wage for not a huge amount of return.

Started well there, Jambos were raving about him early doors. Recent performances have been poor though, got sent off at the weekend and seems to have a Billy-big-Baws attitude. Someone said he was parking in the disabled spaces at Oriam 🙈

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Was listening to a podcast today the subject was shite/uncompetitive leagues, is it right Celtic and Rangers haven’t dropped a point (except against each other) since the 8th of October 🤷‍♂️

Nope, Rangers drew at Paisley right before break for WC. 

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Has there ever been  gap as big as the gap from 3rd to 1st or 3rd to 2nd?

I had a quick look and couldn't see one.

I wouldn't have thought so.  Celtic must be on for a record points total this season, they've only dropped points in 2 games so far and don't look like dropping any more.  Even in their "invincible" season they dropped points in 4 games and we drew 6 in 20/21.  Someone said to me the other day, and I've not checked this, that even with the defeat to Celtic and being 12 points behind, Rangers are still on course to have their second most points ever in a season, including seasons where we've won the league!

21 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I wouldn't have thought so.  Celtic must be on for a record points total this season, they've only dropped points in 2 games so far and don't look like dropping any more.  Even in their "invincible" season they dropped points in 4 games and we drew 6 in 20/21.  Someone said to me the other day, and I've not checked this, that even with the defeat to Celtic and being 12 points behind, Rangers are still on course to have their second most points ever in a season, including seasons where we've won the league!

It's a sad state of affairs and yet nobody with a voice or authority dares to question it. 

There was a glimmer of good times when it came to the cups when rangers weren't in the top league. 8 different clubs won a trophy in something like 6 years.

With the gap being so huge we will likely see the old firm win all trophies time and time again......there will be the odd exception but I genuinely believe the gap is growing larger than ever.

33 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

If you think that outcome represents common sense given the context, then I cannot come to any conclusion other than you really are a moron.

Surely you came to that conclusion long before now?🤣

It's a ridiculously lenient suspension for McPherson.  Goodwin got 8 games for calling Porteous a cheat and down south Mitrovic got the same for grabbing the ref's arm.  While I don't think the headbutt is quite as severe as some have been making out, the intent was still there and it's completely unacceptable.  He could have no complaints if he'd received double that amount.  I've a feeling that if this had happened in the men's game we'd be looking at a very different punishment.

Nonsense.  Football is a contact sport.  He lost it for a brief moment and the SFA took all things in to consideration and came up with a suitable punishment.  Storm in a teacup.  But, hey, it's Rangers.  Hang him hang him!!!

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It's a ridiculously lenient suspension for McPherson.  Goodwin got 8 games for calling Porteous a cheat and down south Mitrovic got the same for grabbing the ref's arm.  While I don't think the headbutt is quite as severe as some have been making out, the intent was still there and it's completely unacceptable.  He could have no complaints if he'd received double that amount.  I've a feeling that if this had happened in the men's game we'd be looking at a very different punishment.

I genuinely can’t believe his club haven’t sacked him, just another example that in football if you’re perceived to be good at your job you can pretty much get away with anything. 

13 minutes ago, SamP said:

Nonsense.  Football is a contact sport.  He lost it for a brief moment and the SFA took all things in to consideration and came up with a suitable punishment.  Storm in a teacup.  But, hey, it's Rangers.  Hang him hang him!!!

it didn't happen during a game of football, but you already know that.

10 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I genuinely can’t believe his club haven’t sacked him, just another example that in football if you’re perceived to be good at your job you can pretty much get away with anything. 

I don't think he should have been sacked for it, we see players and managers doing worse regularly.  However it was a pretty cowardly act and I do think the club should at least have suspended him and hit him with a pretty hefty fine, on top of what the SFA have hit him with.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Couldn't agree more with this..................you definitely support the wrong club🤣

39 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I would say he is lucky not to be sacked. In most industries you would be sacked for assaulting a colleague.