Season 22/23 - Page 39 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh look, it's the grandmaster troll himself. Come on to get me suspended again wee man?  

Interesting that you find yourself having to jump onto everything I post, even when I’m not interacting with you. 

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Affa quiet in here noo !! The oracle wins again 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🖕🖕

Naebody can compete with the Oracle.  The cleverest shelf stacker (now called operatives) in North America.

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The dons game was possibly moved for the Aberdeen fireworks display which takes place close to pittodrie

Cheers, sounds reasonable. Just thinking about implications for fans buying hospitality packages. Would they sell more on a Friday night, or a Saturday afternoon?

10 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Scottish football is mental. Af ew weeks ago they were discussing early kick offs on a Saturday so they wouldn't have the expense of putting on floodlights. Then they introduce Friday night football.

I think the early kickoffs for the lower league teams may well become a reality on Saturdays in December and January.

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I don't even have a Twitter account you troll.. Also, I am a Water Distribution Operator, something way above your level of intelligence, 36 years. Now run along and shove yir square hied up someone else's arse....

So your job is to open a tap now and again 🥴

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

The handball which led to the Dundee United penalty, harsh but I assume it was given because the ref beleived The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger.

Screenshot_20221106-085135_Chrome.jpg

Exactly that. It's a dreadful law though, especially when it results in a direct free kick/ penalty. 

Just watched it again. Never a penalty in a million years, the fact the ref gave it, sais everything. Why even bother with VAR. Then there is this tackle, not even fucking called ??? Are you fuckin joking?? Celtic beat 13 men yesterday. 11 Arabs, a shite ref, and 1 blind Var. The handball against Hearts was ignored, but you call a penalty kick on Bernabea who was turned around, trying to keep his balance, and can't even see the ball??? Giak nearly had his head taken off, but that's ok. Celtic playing against 13 men every week, and still winning.. Sign of true Champions.. We Never Stop !!

FB_IMG_1667670625767.jpg

20 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just watched it again. Never a penalty in a million years, the fact the ref gave it, sais everything. Why even bother with VAR. Then there is this tackle, not even fucking called ??? Are you fuckin joking?? Celtic beat 13 men yesterday. 11 Arabs, a shite ref, and 1 blind Var. The handball against Hearts was ignored, but you call a penalty kick on Bernabea who was turned around, trying to keep his balance, and can't even see the ball??? Giak nearly had his head taken off, but that's ok. Celtic playing against 13 men every week, and still winning.. Sign of true Champions.. We Never Stop !!

FB_IMG_1667670625767.jpg

The rules are posted above, bbc sportscene also put the rule up on their highlights show. It was a penalty  the rule itself might be Shite but it was a penalty.

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The rules are posted above, bbc sportscene also put the rule up on their highlights show. It was a penalty  the rule itself might be Shite but it was a penalty.

Oh no, I agree VA, I'm just frustrated. So when is the change? Imagine this happening in the upcoming World Cup finals? It's a recipe for disaster... 

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh no, I agree VA, I'm just frustrated. So when is the change? Imagine this happening in the upcoming World Cup finals? It's a recipe for disaster... 

Probably will need some disasters at the World Cup to highlight the need for change.

As I've said before, other than incidents like Luis Suarez on the goal line or Richard Gough with the sprinkler, handball should be an indirect free kick or nothing at all.