Forwards for November - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forwards for November

daviebee

10 minutes ago, borojock said:

Correct me if im wrong but is the below not poor and lazy journalism from the bbc - asking if Nisbet or Christie should be picked for the Moldovan game when one of them is suspended 

Moldova v Scotland: Who can replace suspended Lyndon Dykes in World Cup qualifier? - BBC Sport 

Just saw this as well. Almost certain Christie is suspended after picking up a booking against the Faroes. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Nonsense from the BBC. 

wound me up so ive tweeted them - how Kenny Miller and Stephen Craigan who i assume get paid for their "expert" opinion arent picking them up on it sums it all up 

Watching sportscene gets worse and worse every week with some of the punditry 

14 minutes ago, borojock said:

wound me up so ive tweeted them - how Kenny Miller and Stephen Craigan who i assume get paid for their "expert" opinion arent picking them up on it sums it all up 

Watching sportscene gets worse and worse every week with some of the punditry 

Stephen Craigan isn’t Scottish so I’m not surprised he doesn’t know who is suspended for the Moldova game. I’m not that surprised Kenny Miller doesn’t know either.

The BBC have a huge research department who should have made the presenter and pundits aware before they were asked to discuss it. 

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Stephen Craigan isn’t Scottish so I’m not surprised he doesn’t know who is suspended for the Moldova game. I’m not that surprised Kenny Miller doesn’t know either.

The BBC have a huge research department who should have made the presenter and pundits aware before they were asked to discuss it. 

professional respect for yourself if your asked (also probably paid) about your opinions on a game you'd do a little research would have taken him all of 5 mins - also he covers pretty much exclusively the scottish game so you'd expect some level of awareness of the national team - appreciate im probably going over the top but just pisses me off the coverage of our game and league at times 

But yes get the point your making pal 

1 hour ago, borojock said:

professional respect for yourself if your asked (also probably paid) about your opinions on a game you'd do a little research would have taken him all of 5 mins - also he covers pretty much exclusively the scottish game so you'd expect some level of awareness of the national team - appreciate im probably going over the top but just pisses me off the coverage of our game and league at times 

But yes get the point your making pal 

Haha! I found that quite amusing. We accept pretty low standards from our pundits don’t we. I hope Steve Clarke doesn’t heed their advice. The consequences would be dire 😂

6 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Haha! I found that quite amusing. We accept pretty low standards from our pundits don’t we. I hope Steve Clarke doesn’t heed their advice. The consequences would be dire 😂

Pundits are useless in general. Most of them are not good enough to be coaches or managers and spend their time criticising those that actually do the job. 

13 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Most concerning is that Nisbet doesn't seem to be scoring just now.

I haven't been watching hibs but my hibee mate says Nisbet has been pish this season and his attitude is poor.

Che Adams will and should start against Moldova. 

He's scored 2 in 2 including a screamer last weekend. It's not blistering form but it's what we have. I think Adams will be partnered by Fraser. Fraser has supposedly been brilliant in training since Steve Bruce left.

33 minutes ago, Flipping eck said:

How does this boy Brown qualify for us? His stats don't look overly impressive tbh

On his mother’s side is all I can find. Either his mum is Scottish or one of his maternal grandparents are. He has never played for England at any level. 

Maybe he was saving himself for us? 😂

Or more realistically he’s not been good enough to get picked for the English youth teams?

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

On his mother’s side is all I can find. Either his mum is Scottish or one of his maternal grandparents are. He has never played for England at any level. 

Maybe he was saving himself for us? 😂

Or more realistically he’s not been good enough to get picked for the English youth teams?

Looking at his history, he was never really at a level to be picked for our youth teams until he hit about 21 and wasn't at a level for the full team.

We'll find out soon through interviews and such.

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I haven't been watching hibs but my hibee mate says Nisbet has been pish this season and his attitude is poor.

He clearly wants away from Hibs or has at least has had his head turned by speculation in the summer.

I always find it strange when a player’s attitude or form dips because of transfer speculation. You’re not going to be in demand for very long if you no are no longer playing well.

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Adams/Fraser/Nisbet/McGinn should be more than enough to get the job done V Moldova. If not no point us even being in play-offs.

And no way on Earth is Clarke calling up an untried and untested and uncapped striker and drop him in to play one of the most important World Cup qualifying matches in over a decade.

🤣 You were saying? Jacob Brown? Sometimes we just have to trust that the manager knows what he is doing. Only disappointment for me is the omission of Gauld, but that may have more to do with the distance away he lives than ability.

15 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

And no way on Earth is Clarke calling up an untried and untested and uncapped striker and drop him in to play one of the most important World Cup qualifying matches in over a decade.

🤣 You were saying? Jacob Brown? Sometimes we just have to trust that the manager knows what he is doing. Only disappointment for me is the omission of Gauld, but that may have more to do with the distance away he lives than ability.

And? Come back when Jacob Brown starts the game V Moldova - which won't happen.

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Looking at his history, he was never really at a level to be picked for our youth teams until he hit about 21 and wasn't at a level for the full team.

Actually, Steve Clarke said in his press conference today that Jacob Brown has been known to the SFA for a couple of years and was on the verge of an U21 call up when the pandemic broke out.

7 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

If he's not thinking of giving him at least a sub appearance then why have him in the squad at all?

He may get a sub appearance if we are leading 3 or 4-0 with 15 minutes to go but don't go thinking Clarke has called him because he's needing his goal threat. Adams and Fraser will most probably be given the striker roles V Moldova and Clarke will be confident they and the likes of McGinn will have the goals in them to sink Moldova.

Like I said the other day international football is far different from even two or three years ago with the creation of the Nations League. That tournament has virtually eradicated friendlies which were pretty commonplace in international football and matches that were used to have good long looks at your Tony Watts and Jacob Browns of this world. Now those type of players chances are limited further. The risk just cannot be taken in key qualifiers unless the team is in cruise control in a match.