Forwards for November - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forwards for November

daviebee

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Howe will likely consider the job for months then reject it. 😂

Will certainly be interesting if he does take it though. If things were that bad between them at Bournemouth then Fraser will be sold  I expect. 

Probably best for fraser to leave Newcastle, the move hasn't been much of a success. A move to another lower half epl side would be best for him imo. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Normally I'd agree with that but are Doncaster and Crewe worse sides than Milsami Orhei, Tuzlaspor and Petrocub Hincesti?  Because next Friday he'd be up against players who play for those teams. 

Maybe those teams are better than Doncaster and Crewe, I honestly don't know, in which case, fair enough.  I just feel that in the absence of Dykes, Stewart might have given us another option.

We can't even point to Sheriff as they have less Moldovans, than Rangers have Scots lol.

Sheriff have won 15/16 titles in a row at a canter.

For these kinds of games it's better to have a goalscorer than a striker at a better level up front. Stewart may have been the one to call up given, he is scoring for fun atm.

1 minute ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

We can't even point to Sheriff as they have less Moldovans, than Rangers have Scots lol.

Sheriff have won 15/16 titles in a row at a canter.

For these kinds of games it's better to have a goalscorer than a striker at a better level up front. Stewart may have been the one to call up given, he is scoring for fun atm.

As is Russell. 12 in 12 now

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Probably best for fraser to leave Newcastle, the move hasn't been much of a success. A move to another lower half epl side would be best for him imo. 

If Howe takes over then I can see them going down. He isn't the kind of manager you want in a relegation dog fight. They will strengthen in January, but the quality won't be as high as people have been claiming. No top quality player is going to turn up for a relegation fight.

6 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

As is Russell. 12 in 12 now

I would have called him up. While he plays IF, he has played striker multiple times in his career. We use Fraser as a striker despite not playing there much outside of with us.

I went with Stewart, as Stewart from want I've seen has similar attributes to Dykes and would be more of a Clarke like ST. 

Brown seems a strange one for a call up for this kind of game. Not to say he won't be successful. He seems kind of like early doors Kenny Miller.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

59 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

If Howe takes over then I can see them going down. He isn't the kind of manager you want in a relegation dog fight. They will strengthen in January, but the quality won't be as high as people have been claiming. No top quality player is going to turn up for a relegation fight.

He did quite well fighting relegation every year with Bournemouth tbf but the Newcastle situation is obviously different as he will have to have an instant impact whereas with Bournemouth he had years to build his team. 

I really hope Newcastle spend billions and win nothing. The whole situation is disgusting imo and Newcastle United fans are a pathetic breed. 

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I would have called him up. While he plays IF, he has played striker multiple times in his career. We use Fraser as a striker despite not playing there much outside of with us.

I went with Stewart, as Stewart from want I've seen has similar attributes to Dykes and would be more of a Clarke like ST. 

Brown seems a strange one for a call up for this kind of game. Not to say he won't be successful. He seems kind of like early doors Kenny Miller.

Me too.I like Russell,and he really went out of his way to play for us,during some bad times.Flying over from the USA for every game.Not much of a reward for his efforts.It's not as if he isn't playing well.Only one problem with Russell,he's Scottish.

45 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Me too.I like Russell,and he really went out of his way to play for us,during some bad times.Flying over from the USA for every game.Not much of a reward for his efforts.It's not as if he isn't playing well.Only one problem with Russell,he's Scottish.

I’d happily see Russell play. Not the best striker in the world but he is in great form which is important.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Boom! The saint’s first hissy fit of the Jacob Brown era!

Edited by breeks_mctavish

3 hours ago, scotlad said:

Normally I'd agree with that but are Doncaster and Crewe worse sides than Milsami Orhei, Tuzlaspor and Petrocub Hincesti?  Because next Friday he'd be up against players who play for those teams. 

Maybe those teams are better than Doncaster and Crewe, I honestly don't know, in which case, fair enough.  I just feel that in the absence of Dykes, Stewart might have given us another option.

Bringing in substandard players because we are playing a substandard team (and then a world class team 3 days later) would be ridiculous in my opinion. 

The strikers we have in the squad are more than capable of scoring against Moldova and will also have a half decent chance of getting in the scoresheet against Denmark. 

If Stewart is good enough he will end up at a higher level and will deserve a call up. 

21 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

We should definitely not be picking League 1 players.  I would place equivalence of

epl

top half spl = championship

bottom half spl = league 1

roughly speaking

Motherwell, Aberdeen, St Johnstone etc supply players to the squad though, so by your key above we pick equivalent to league 1 players. 

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Motherwell, Aberdeen, St Johnstone etc supply players to the squad though, so by your key above we pick equivalent to league 1 players. 

That’s a fair point.  I would generally consider Aberdeen as a top 6 side… appreciate they are not there just now.  If we are picking bottom 6 spl or league 1 we need better quality. 

4 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

You would imagine Howe would listen to loans for him in January , although not convinced he would allow him to join a relegation rival.

Maybe he might need to go back to upper championship but obviously not Bournemouth 

38 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

But Howe was his manager when he was flying, so why not again? Yes more pressure, but Howe may give him a proper run.

I mean even if they parted on bad terms, he is needed. Outside of Saint-Maximin, who is their best player, they have no wide talent. Almiron isn't a wide player, Murphy is a championship player and Joeliton is a poor ST, let alone a wide player.

Even out of form, it is strange Bruce rarely used him. 

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

15 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

He did quite well fighting relegation every year with Bournemouth tbf but the Newcastle situation is obviously different as he will have to have an instant impact whereas with Bournemouth he had years to build his team. 

I really hope Newcastle spend billions and win nothing. The whole situation is disgusting imo and Newcastle United fans are a pathetic breed. 

Why the hatred for just Newcastle? I don't have an EPL team like most but why target just Newcastle?

The EPL rakes in tv cash from countries all over the world but Newcastle having Arab backers seems to have people frothing at the mouth.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Why the hatred for just Newcastle? I don't have an EPL team like most but why target just Newcastle?

The EPL rakes in tv cash from countries all over the world but Newcastle having Arab backers seems to have people frothing at the mouth.

Try having a look into the background of these saudi backers. Google them and find out a bit about them. 

Was never going to be blocked. The UK sells an enormous amount of armaments and military vehicles etc to the Saudi's. Mega bucks. Much to the consternation of human rights groups.

So would have been a bit of an awkward if the EFA had then said they were not of fit character to run a UK football club.

I mean they chopped up that journalist in their embassy after luring him there but that was ages ago now. 

14 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Apart from the keepers, which is more a reflection of the standard available who should we pick from the SPFL other than Celtic or Rangers players? 

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Was never going to be blocked. The UK sells an enormous amount of armaments and military vehicles etc to the Saudi's. Mega bucks. Much to the consternation of human rights groups.

So would have been a bit of an awkward if the EFA had then said they were not of fit character to run a UK football club.

I mean they chopped up that journalist in their embassy after luring him there but that was ages ago now. 

You would think the Newcastle fans would be disgusted at the thought of these guys running their club but they seem to be overjoyed about it. 

Hopefully karma strikes these cunts. 

22 hours ago, thplinth said:

Good post.

Why are football clubs called "football clubs"? Because they started out as clubs where people would go to play football. If a born-and-bred Geordie goes along to St James Park and asks to join in a kickabout, what's the answer going to be?

22 hours ago, thplinth said:

The EPL didnt care about the appalling human rights record of Saudi Arabia. Their biggest concern was the screening of EPL games on BeautQ in Saudi Arabia. As soon as that was cleared up, they gave the go ahead for the takeover.

On 11/4/2021 at 11:24 PM, ger intae them said:

But Howe was his manager when he was flying, so why not again? Yes more pressure, but Howe may give him a proper run.

He called him a 'turd' and then pretty much insinuated that he never wanted to see him again, let alone manage him.