Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 369 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

38 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Luckily Clarke doesn’t share the racist views of a few on this forum, best 11 available 👍

What an absolute joke. . No real argument to put forward so play the old racist card. Absolutely ludicrous point of view about International football.. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, broraboy said:

My argument is - every other bloody Country is at it, some more than others! 
And everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinion, so Yr Alban I’m with you on this one.

If it’s good enough for Engerland and Declan Rice, then I’m afraid I’d happily welcome Barnes Livramento Anderson Hackney Gray Ashby and The Fletcher Boys into the Scotland Squad etc etc 

Declan has fairly amassed the Caps for Engerland now and don’t hear as much of a peep from them, he was born in London but ultimately he chopped and chooses who he wanted to play for!! 

Declan Rice - International career
2015–2016 Republic of Ireland U17 6 (2)
2016–2017 Republic of Ireland U19 6 (0)
2017–2018 Republic of Ireland U21 5 (0)
2018 Republic of Ireland 3 (0)
2019– England 50 (3)

Very sad. 😪

41 minutes ago, todd said:

Ryan Gauld scores today.  Just sayin' like 😁

I wonder if Steve Clarke just watches highlights of the MLS or has he actually got someone within the USA giving him advice/feedback on Ryan Gauld? 
Or has he actually bothered his arse to make the journey, obviously on SFA expenses 

Had to check again who Gauld plays for ( Vancouver  Whitecaps ) as he does seem to be the forgotten man 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

Arguably everyone is accountable and has to answer to someone above them and Clarke will be no different?!?
But it’s the SFA and probably don’t give a F**k as long as Scotland qualify for tournaments and quite possibly too scared to challenge Clarke! 

I’d love to know Clarkes rationale and real reason for the glaring omission and never calling him up over the last few years, an attacking midfielder with eye for goal but doesn’t merit a call up to see him up close and in person. 

1 hour ago, broraboy said:

I wonder if Steve Clarke just watches highlights of the MLS or has he actually got someone within the USA giving him advice/feedback on Ryan Gauld? 
Or has he actually bothered his arse to make the journey, obviously on SFA expenses 

Had to check again who Gauld plays for ( Vancouver  Whitecaps ) as he does seem to be the forgotten man 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

Arguably everyone is accountable and has to answer to someone above them and Clarke will be no different?!?
But it’s the SFA and probably don’t give a F**k as long as Scotland qualify for tournaments and quite possibly too scared to challenge Clarke! 

I’d love to know Clarkes rationale and real reason for the glaring omission and never calling him up over the last few years, an attacking midfielder with eye for goal but doesn’t merit a call up to see him up close and in person. 

It is all very odd isn't it, Gauld one of the best players in the MLS at the moment and did well in the Portugese league before then.

He would be at the very least a quality player to bring off the bench and worth having around. I suspect he doesn't want to call him up if he doesnt see him in the first 11 and having to travel a very long distance just to sit on the bench.

However, there are a lot of other nations calling up MLS players who seem to be good enough standard for them so I can't get my head around this.

25 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

It is all very odd isn't it, Gauld one of the best players in the MLS at the moment and did well in the Portugese league before then.

He would be at the very least a quality player to bring off the bench and worth having around. I suspect he doesn't want to call him up if he doesnt see him in the first 11 and having to travel a very long distance just to sit on the bench.

However, there are a lot of other nations calling up MLS players who seem to be good enough standard for them so I can't get my head around this.

It does seem very strange imo 

I’m assuming then that Clarke has made that journey to Saudi Arabia to keep an eye on Jack Hendry playing for Al-Ittifaq to continue + keep selecting him in what is a suspect defence of late? 
17 goals conceded in 7 games without checking but I’m sure that’s the number or maybe he is just phoning Steven Gerrard to get that update on how Hendry is playing and his form of late?? 
I think as Fans we should be privy to Clarkes rationale on his selections and travel 

17 goals in 7 games, I would call that cause for concern imo 

But, back to the point in question, Ryan Gould - I genuinely think Clarke is just bone f**king idol, lazy and content with his clique of players that he continually selects 

Just my opinion but of late his squads have not really suggested much thought process or intel towards players! 

5 minutes ago, broraboy said:

I’m assuming then that Clarke has made that journey to Saudi Arabia to keep an eye on Jack Hendry playing for Al-Ittifaq to continue + keep selecting him in what is a suspect defence of late? 
17 goals conceded in 7 games without checking but I’m sure that’s the number or maybe he is just phoning Steven Gerrard to get that update on how Hendry is playing and his form of late?? 
I think as Fans we should be privy to Clarkes rationale on his selections and travel 

But, back to the point in question, Ryan Gould - I genuinely think Clarke is just bone f**king idol, lazy and content with his clique of players that he continually selects 

Just my opinion but of late his squads have not really suggested much thought process or intel towards players! 

You also have Lewis Morgan who scored a hat trick recently, is he worth having also? Admitedly, I have only seen him from his time at St Mirren so not sure of his quality but we are desperate on attacking options/wingers in particular. 

It's very obvious that Clarke does not choose players based on form, he has a settled squad that he takes despite how shite some of them are. This is a major concern for me and holds the team back IMO.

Jack Hendry - TBF to Clarke, he has been a mainstay in the team and we are short on decent CB's so I can see why he picks him regularly despite his limitations. If they were better players then he wouldn't be near the team.

Gauld - I agree with everything you are saying regarding him, he just doesn't fancy taking him for whatever strange reason, it really is perplexing as we don't have a player like him at all. 

Other concerns is that there are no starts for ferguson despite him being the most inform midfielder we have atm playing at a very high level under a great coach, Mcburnie, Conway, Hardie etc being overlooked in favour of strikers who cannae get a game for QPR ffs etc. 

11 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Only stats, but Lewis Morgan didn’t do much in the last two years in the states. 
Carries on like he has done in his first few games this season though and he’s some player. 

Could well end up as for of the radar as Liam Henderson 

By that point itll be too late to call him up and integrate him into the team properly

Just now, Scotty2Hotty said:

By that point itll be too late to call him up and integrate him into the team properly

Add Ryan Gauld to that.

Clarke has a lot to answer for   
If he followed my advice we would topped our group,won all the friendlies and be the current European champions. 

Sir Oliver Mcburnie would be our main man up front. 

16 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Add Ryan Gauld to that.

Clarke has a lot to answer for   
If he followed my advice we would topped our group,won all the friendlies and be the current European champions. 

Sir Oliver Mcburnie would be our main man up front. 

Careful now, going by the Steve Clarke thread, you'll be outed for this 😂

5 hours ago, broraboy said:

Had to check again who Gauld plays for ( Vancouver  Whitecaps ) as he does seem to be the forgotten man 

Would not be surprised if Gauld plays at the next World Cup...for Canada.

Johnny Russell is still doing well with Kansas, probably getting a bit long in the tooth for a recall though.

Edited by Toepoke

11 hours ago, broraboy said:

I think Carver said they hadn't actually been to Saudi Arabia but he'd watched him on TV. Jack Hendry is a bit of a mystery has he's only really had one or two good seasons since leaving Scotland. For me, Souttar is the better player but was set up to fail against the Netherlands. 

I'm pretty sure the reasons for always picking the same players is because he hardly gets any time with them. I expect certain players will drop out of the squad after the Euros but my fear is that it'll be too late.

8 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

I think Carver said they hadn't actually been to Saudi Arabia but he'd watched him on TV. Jack Hendry is a bit of a mystery has he's only really had one or two good seasons since leaving Scotland. For me, Souttar is the better player but was set up to fail against the Netherlands. 

I'm pretty sure the reasons for always picking the same players is because he hardly gets any time with them. I expect certain players will drop out of the squad after the Euros but my fear is that it'll be too late.

The bit in bold is what i've been thinking for a wee while. The previous Euros tournament, we failed miserably against Croatia and Czech Rep and would hate us to wimp out in the same manner. There wasn't much we could do with the team then but nowadays there are a few options we could of tried out recently that could of benefited us but Clarke hasn't bothered at all to try out anything new, really frustrating

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Only stats, but Lewis Morgan didn’t do much in the last two years in the states. 
Carries on like he has done in his first few games this season though and he’s some player. 

Could well end up as for of the radar as Liam Henderson 

Lewis Morgan is only just back from a year out with a long term hip injury. 
Think he’s scored 6 goals in 5 games since he came back. 

31 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

The bit in bold is what i've been thinking for a wee while. The previous Euros tournament, we failed miserably against Croatia and Czech Rep and would hate us to wimp out in the same manner. There wasn't much we could do with the team then but nowadays there are a few options we could of tried out recently that could of benefited us but Clarke hasn't bothered at all to try out anything new, really frustrating

I think defensively, there isn't much between the players so he prefers continuity. As long as Hendry isn't playing in the centre, I won't be too disappointed. Despite his exemplary attitude,  the inclusion of Dykes is becoming increasingly hard to justify. SOD also had a great attitude but he didn't hesitate to drop him. 

27 minutes ago, Marky said:

But the stats say he was shyte whilst he was lying on the treatment table. Can't argue with stats. 

2 hours ago, Marky said:

Thanks, I missed that he had been injured so maybe on the basis of his start to the season there is hope that there’s a player in there. 
Got a lot of doubts about how strong the MLS is though. 

2 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

I think defensively, there isn't much between the players so he prefers continuity. As long as Hendry isn't playing in the centre, I won't be too disappointed. Despite his exemplary attitude,  the inclusion of Dykes is becoming increasingly hard to justify. SOD also had a great attitude but he didn't hesitate to drop him. 

Dykes has often done well for Scotland, adding a physicality that we otherwise miss and in many games can be advantageous. He's been flitting in and out the QPR team all season. How long since he last played well for us, though admittedly the service for him in the N. Ireland game didn't help. Has he been the same player since he got pneumonia though I suspect that's more correlation than causation.

Edited by Hertsscot