Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 349 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

13 hours ago, todd said:

I believe that's him equal with Darren Fletchers total goal tally for Man Utd now

He actually has 2 more than Darren fletcher in arguably poorer teams than fletcher played in.

Also in around 70 less appearances 

Edited by noctonjock

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

He actually has 2 more than Darren fletcher in arguably poorer teams than fletcher played in.

Also in around 70 less appearances 

Scored more for Scotland as well. Though Fletcher was never an attacker, so other than being Scottish Man U players, there isn't much value in comparing them. 

Mad to think Fletcher is the 3rd highest capped player for us. Even with that illness he had. 80 caps. Craig Gordon is 6 caps behind him. Hard to say if he'll get any more caps though. Andy Robertson is only 13 caps away though. He could surpass Fletcher by this time next year.

28 minutes ago, todd said:

So who would be the previous highest scoring Scottish man utd player? Brian McClair?🤔

I'm sure Mr Law would have a say in that.

But that was before football started.

1 hour ago, stocky said:

I'm sure Mr Law would have a say in that.

But that was before football started.

Yeah, but there must've been someone who scored more than Mctominay but less than Law, surely? 

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Adams, Armstrong and Fraser all start.

Southampton two up.

Armstrong (corner) and Fraser with the assists for the goals. A run followed by an 'exquisite' back-heel from Fraser.

I'll be angry if Brown gets in ahead of Fraser; the latter provides width and more goal potential than the former. Gunn has just made a wonder save acc. to reports.

22 minutes ago, syecosse said:

So eh Harvey Barnes scored a pretty good goal on his return. 

I think he's probably going to be included in our euros squad. Good player who would  improve our squad and has goals in him which is usually something we lack. 

2 more goals for Shankland today! If he didn't score another goal the rest of the season, he'd still be on a very impressive tally. 22, including the Scotland goal.

Also, I think Fraser will have forced Clarke's hand. At least for the March squad. He's on amazing form and is really the only player of his kind in our talent pool. (Except Doak who is injured)

Edited by Tartan blood

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think he's probably going to be included in our euros squad. Good player who would  improve our squad and has goals in him which is usually something we lack. 

He would need to declare for us first. Is he interested? I actually hope not because I can’t be bothered with the inevitable meltdown on here. 😂

21 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

He would need to declare for us first. Is he interested? I actually hope not because I can’t be bothered with the inevitable meltdown on here. 😂

The rumour last September was he was going to be included in the next squad then but got injured. 

27 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I love the meltdowns, makes for great entertainment 😁

On 2/2/2024 at 5:01 PM, todd said:

Yeah, but there must've been someone who scored more than Mctominay but less than Law, surely? 

I counted 21..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Manchester_United_F.C._players

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Manchester_United_F.C._players_(25–99_appearances)

Edited by Toepoke

5 hours ago, syecosse said:

So eh Harvey Barnes scored a pretty good goal on his return. 

No thank you, English, only using us as a fall back, we have had enough of those.

55 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Great goal by Ferguson for Bologna in Italy.

Flying, should be starting for us

4 minutes ago, Kirk said:

No thank you, English, only using us as a fall back, we have had enough of those.

The chat is that he was asked to come along for the Spain/France squads before his injury and he didn't have to give it a 2nd thought. 

I'd take him, Livramento and Gordon.

1 minute ago, LoganRoy said:

The chat is that he was asked to come along for the Spain/France squads before his injury and he didn't have to give it a 2nd thought. 

I'd take him, Livramento and Gordon.

Absolutely fucking not. We are Scotland, not England reject united