Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 342 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

5 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

Yes, without question. I'm not saying I agree with their laws or society but I've visited lots of countries where that's the case. Sport is sport and politics is politics.  That's not to say Jordan Henderson isn't a hypocrite because he is. 

Lol your trying to morally point score and accuse me of racism yet you have no problem with visiting countries who use slaves and would have no problem attending a world cup in stadiums built by slaves.

You are a strange boy.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Stop being an idiot. I think most sensible ppl in here will understand the point I was making and you trying to point score over racism is pathetic. 

Feels like the mask is slowly starting to slip with you as it always does.

The adult way to do things would be to look at the comment and see how some people might take it the wrong way. I even said I'm sure you didn't mean it like it sounds. The childish way to do things would be to do exactly what you've just done.

6 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

The adult way to do things would be to look at the comment and see how some people might take it the wrong way. I even said I'm sure you didn't mean it like it sounds. The childish way to do things would be to do exactly what you've just done.

Just stop buddy, you are trying too hard. Stop trying to be a good person and just be a good person. 

If you think theres overtones of racism then ask a few questions on what I meant before starting to throw accusations around like a child. 

Nothing worse than ppl who throw racism accusations around like confetti. In my experience most black ppl and other races hate it because it undermines proper racism when it occurs.

But hey you crack on, as I said the mask seems to slipping again.

So in a discussion about players using the granny-rule someone points out that two Spanish CB's are actually French and you add to that that most of the French squad are the children of immigrants and not 'indigenous' and then use this as justification for the granny-rule and French players playing for Spain.

So, what did you mean because the most obvious interpretation of it is that most of the French squad isn't actually French. If there is some other way to interpret that, I'd love to hear it.  And, the option was there to ignore my comment or just say it was worded badly. You chose neither.

And the Qatar World Cup? I'd have rather it were held somewhere else but anyone who puts petrol in their car,or buys any product made in China, is tacitly supporting some pretty nasty regimes.

Don't know what all the 'mask slipping' nonsense is about.

17 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

If you think theres overtones of racism then ask a few questions on what I meant before starting to throw accusations around like a child. 

My comment:

I'm sure you don't it mean like it sounds but I'd maybe revise this statement.

Super childish...

25 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

So in a discussion about players using the granny-rule someone points out that two Spanish CB's are actually French and you add to that that most of the French squad are the children of immigrants and not 'indigenous' and then use this as justification for the granny-rule and French players playing for Spain.

So, what did you mean because the most obvious interpretation of it is that most of the French squad isn't actually French. If there is some other way to interpret that, I'd love to hear it.  And, the option was there to ignore my comment or just say it was worded badly. You chose neither.

And the Qatar World Cup? I'd have rather it were held somewhere else but anyone who puts petrol in their car,or buys any product made in China, is tacitly supporting some pretty nasty regimes.

My point wasn't that most of the French squad are not french. Of course they are french, most were born in France or brought up there from a young age. I never said anything to the contrary. My point was that most or alot of their squad are the sons of immigrant families who moved to France rather than the French who have been in France for many generations.

If you think that pointing out that countries like Belgium, Netherlands and France rely heavily on their immigrant population to produce footballers is racist then you really are a crackpot and theres no point in discussing anything with you.

I am happy to use any advantage we can get within the rules. We are a small country and we need all the help we can get, if that means using the granny rule then so be it. 

You joined 6/7 months ago, what was your previous account or username?

You sound very similar to certain idiots that have been in here in the past who ended up leaving because they talked utter shit constantly and acted like an arrogant arseholes who stubbornly doubled down like you are with this argument.

You are insinuating that I was being racist and seem desperate to prove I was being racist. Thats a dirty and low thing to do. Get your facts straight in future before jumping in with accusations.

58 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

I think it's probably best if we avoid each other on here. We are obviously on different wavelengths and I have no interest in being accused of racism by you. 

10 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

My point wasn't that most of the French squad are not french. Of course they are french, most were born in France or brought up there from a young age. I never said anything to the contrary. My point was that most or alot of their squad are the sons of immigrant families who moved to France rather than the French who have been in France for many generations.

If you think that pointing out that countries like Belgium, Netherlands and France rely heavily on their immigrant population to produce footballers is racist then you really are a crackpot and theres no point in discussing anything with you.

I am happy to use any advantage we can get within the rules. We are a small country and we need all the help we can get, if that means using the granny rule then so be it. 

You joined 6/7 months ago, what was your previous account or username?

You sound very similar to certain idiots that have been in here in the past who ended up leaving because they talked utter shit constantly and acted like an arrogant arseholes who stubbornly doubled down like you are with this argument.

You are insinuating that I was being racist and seem desperate to prove I was being racist. Thats a dirty and low thing to do. Get your facts straight in future before jumping in with accusations.

There is no insinuating here. What you said can clearly be interpreted as racist (especially your use of the word 'indigenous') If you can't see that fine but your above explanation makes absolutely no sense in the context of the conversation. 

This is my first and only account. If other posters have annoyed you, I'm beginning to think they may have had a point.

3 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

There is no insinuating here. What you said can clearly be interpreted as racist (especially your use of the word 'indigenous') If you can't see that fine but your above explanation makes absolutely no sense in the context of the conversation. 

This is my first and only account. If other posters have annoyed you, I'm beginning to think they may have had a point.

As I said let's just avoid each other. Plenty of other posters on here you can discuss stuff with but it won't be with me.

This will be the last time I respond to your posts and I would appreciate if you would do the same with my posts.

37 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

The word indigenous is racist? Are there any 'safe' words left?

5 minutes ago, todd said:

The word indigenous is racist? Are there any 'safe' words left?

It depends what you think makes a nation. Is it ethnic or cultural or a mixture of both? It's been a long time (and probably never was the case) that any Western European nation could claim to really be made up of members of the same ethnic group. Even in France itself, there is no clear Ethnic group of 'French'. So saying the children of immigrants are not indigenous when we can't actually define what indigenous is? Could easily be construed as racist. It would be like saying Pat Nevin isn't 'indigenous'

5 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Watching Jordan Rhodes and Karamoko Dembele in action for Blackpool there. Dembele missed a great chance to win it in stoppage time.

And back to Scottish players in action. Other than his miss how has Dembele played, do we just file him with Islam Feruz or is there some hope he might come good?

24 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

And back to Scottish players in action. Other than his miss how has Dembele played, do we just file him with Islam Feruz or is there some hope he might come good?

Tidy use of the ball and quite quick. Still lacking a bit physically.

I know his last international appearance was with England U18s but I'd be surprised if he gets anywhere near their full squad.

35 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

And back to Scottish players in action. Other than his miss how has Dembele played, do we just file him with Islam Feruz 

Islam Feruz 😆, up there with Ryan Gauld for biggest impostor in a Hibs shirt. 

39 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

His run for his missed chance was very good. Just didn't look confident one-on-one. 

Definitely far more hope than Feruz. He has senior goals and assists in League 1. 

Has a really nice touch and an eye for a pass. Does seem a bit moany on the pitch which isn't usually the best trait. 

12 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Tidy use of the ball and quite quick. Still lacking a bit physically.

I know his last international appearance was with England U18s but I'd be surprised if he gets anywhere near their full squad.

Should definitely be in our under 21 squad. 

Decent praise from Earnshaw and Holloway at the end there too.  

7 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Let's just be a nation of losers then, let's get pissed & not even bother attending the game because we're only going to get humped when we play anyone that's decent, again if your happy with that good for you but I'm certainly not.

If we were incapable of picking 11 Scotsmen in a team without being losers then we deserve to be losers. As it happens we are quite capable so no need to go down that route like the rugby team

12 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

Just thought I'd stick my oar in and agree with the poster who said you are a silly boy. There was nothing inappropriate in what he said. This virtue signalling (as practised by young weirdos) is a pain in the arse. And that is indeed what you were doing. So stop it, silly boy.

45 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Just thought I'd stick my oar in and agree with the poster who said you are a silly boy. There was nothing inappropriate in what he said. This virtue signalling (as practised by young weirdos) is a pain in the arse. And that is indeed what you were doing. So stop it, silly 

When people throw insults around, you know they have no arguments. You don’t even know what 'virtue signalling' is apparently.