Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 28 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hendry looked quite good tonight. Tonights performance and the performance against Austria shows he might be a really good centre back for us long term. He certainly reads the game well, pair him up with a hard tackling no nonsense centre back and we could be looking at a decent defensive partnership or trio with Tierney. 

Really impressed with Club Brugge tonight.  It's brilliant that they wanted to sign one of our players who was excellent apart from one slip-up with 20 minutes left.  He should've scored as well.  Loved the way he seemed to be the one doing all the organising at the back.  Early days for Jack Hendry there but that was very promising.

11 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Really impressed with Club Brugge tonight.  It's brilliant that they wanted to sign one of our players who was excellent apart from one slip-up with 20 minutes left.  He should've scored as well.  Loved the way he seemed to be the one doing all the organising at the back.  Early days for Jack Hendry there but that was very promising.

Great to see him doing well after having it tough at celtic. I reckon a good season at club brugge winning the title and playing in Europe will be excellent for his development. Then maybe a team from la liga, epl etc might buy him for big money next season. 

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 fuckin hell man, is there any length you won't go to to deflect this issue away from rangers and the role they play.

Well, let me deflect even further then - are Airdrie doing enough to root out the scum who abused Quitongo the other day? Your resort to vulgar language shows how much this has exercised you.🤣

11 hours ago, daviebee said:

BBC scoring had him at 8.45 - much higher than any other player. Facing Messi, Neymar and MBappe should prepare him for the step up to Dabbur, Solomon and Zahravi! Although I am being a tad facetious (unless PSG's front 3 are over -rated - certainly Neymar is), that Israel mob have me really worried.

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Well, let me deflect even further then - are Airdrie doing enough to root out the scum who abused Quitongo the other day? Your resort to vulgar language shows how much this has exercised you.🤣

Vulgar language, does this upset you?

You couldn't be more stereotype if you tried. Deflect deflect deflect nothing to see here.

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Vulgar language, does this upset you?

You couldn't be more stereotype if you tried. Deflect deflect deflect nothing to see here.

Since you ask, I find it gratuitous when educated people resort to it - it is usually a sign of having lost control. I don't know what I'm stereotypical of though - anyone would think that I launched into a vigorous defence of the Stamford Bridge scumbag. 

26 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

BBC scoring had him at 8.45 - much higher than any other player. Facing Messi, Neymar and MBappe should prepare him for the step up to Dabbur, Solomon and Zahravi! Although I am being a tad facetious (unless PSG's front 3 are over -rated - certainly Neymar is), that Israel mob have me really worried.

Think this may be down to enthusiastic young scottish fans voting him a ten. Noticed that Gilmour usually gets a lot more than team-mates do.

5 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Since you ask, I find it gratuitous when educated people resort to it - it is usually a sign of having lost control. I don't know what I'm stereotypical of though - anyone would think that I launched into a vigorous defence of the Stamford Bridge scumbag. 

I find it interesting this is the first youve brought up vulgar language when its this particular subject, anyone would think you want to deflect away from it because for some bizzare unknown reason you can't cope with criticism of your beloved club

You are the stereotypical hu..................better not type that bad word, the sterotypical apologist. You point the finger at everyone else instead of tackling the issue, this thread is littered with it, you even used airdrie in your wee whataboutery crusade.

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I find it interesting this is the first youve brought up vulgar language when its this particular subject, anyone would think you want to deflect away from it because for some bizzare unknown reason you can't cope with criticism of your beloved club

You are the stereotypical hu..................better not type that bad word, the sterotypical apologist. You point the finger at everyone else instead of tackling the issue, this thread is littered with it, you even used airdrie in your wee whataboutery crusade.

"Tackling the issue"? I thought I did that by condemning the offender. Or am I single-handedly to be charged with reforming a whole sub-culture when politicians, journalists and authorities quail at the task? Your second paragraph just drips with bigotry - the very quality you purport to abjure. And there I will leave it. I come on this board as a Scotland supporter first and foremost.

22 minutes ago, shug macdiarmid said:

Think this may be down to enthusiastic young scottish fans voting him a ten. Noticed that Gilmour usually gets a lot more than team-mates do.

Wasn't me gov! But you are probably right. Still.....  Interesting thing about Hendry is that he is playing in the middle of a back 3 as he did for Osteende, whereas for us Hanley has that role. This effectively means we can ease Gallagher out as our first 2 central CB's are Hanley and Hendry. If we put Hendry in the centre v Israel (assuming we don't revert to a back four) then who can we call on for right CB? I'd rather not recruit McTominay out of position again.

10 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

"Tackling the issue"? I thought I did that by condemning the offender. Or am I single-handedly to be charged with reforming a whole sub-culture when politicians, journalists and authorities quail at the task? Your second paragraph just drips with bigotry - the very quality you purport to abjure. And there I will leave it. I come on this board as a Scotland supporter first and foremost.

hahaha and the deflection is complete............................... the likes of you always end up calling the accuser the bigot. 

Well done 

42 minutes ago, shug macdiarmid said:

To be fair he did have a very good game last night - the commentators mentioned him several times, singling him out for praise.

Then again, Brugge as a team played very well and thoroughly deserved their draw.

25 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

You served the volley first - I merely returned it🤣.

aye ok

38 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Wasn't me gov! But you are probably right. Still.....  Interesting thing about Hendry is that he is playing in the middle of a back 3 as he did for Osteende, whereas for us Hanley has that role. This effectively means we can ease Gallagher out as our first 2 central CB's are Hanley and Hendry. If we put Hendry in the centre v Israel (assuming we don't revert to a back four) then who can we call on for right CB? I'd rather not recruit McTominay out of position again.

Souttar is an option going forward as I believe he plays on the right of a 3 for Hearts? Can't see Clarke throwing him in against Israel mind.

5 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Souttar is an option going forward as I believe he plays on the right of a 3 for Hearts? Can't see Clarke throwing him in against Israel mind.

Oh thanks for that. Totally forgot about him. But you're right, he needs time to be reintegrated into the squad. A future back three of Souttar, Hendry and Tierney  culd see us sorted for years.

34 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Jesus this thread is draining just now. Where’s Chripper for some entertainment when you need him 🙃

Stop trying to laugh at the issue and brush it off as unimportant and of no merit. Someone is pointing out the head in the sand attitude that seems to prevail in Scotland and is backing that up by tackling those who do the same. It’s about bloody time and I find it laudable. The more you wish to move away from the argument and brush it off, the more I hope he continues. 👍

6 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Stop trying to laugh at the issue and brush it off as unimportant and of no merit. Someone is pointing out the head in the sand attitude that seems to prevail in Scotland and is backing that up by tackling those who do the same. It’s about bloody time and I find it laudable. The more you wish to move away from the argument and brush it off, the more I hope he continues. 👍

I think you guys should just message each other about it if you want to continue as you are tbh. 

Rest of us are trying to discuss Scottish players playing football 👍🏾

48 minutes ago, scotlad said:

To be fair he did have a very good game last night - the commentators mentioned him several times, singling him out for praise.

Then again, Brugge as a team played very well and thoroughly deserved their draw.

Brugge were brilliant, really got in the faces of the psg stars and they played some nice football as well. Still going to be tough to get out of that group but third is defo achievable then they could go on a europa cup run. 

It's excellent experience for Hendry overall. 

22 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I think you guys should just message each other about it if you want to continue as you are tbh. 

Rest of us are trying to discuss Scottish players playing football 👍🏾

why does the conversation make you feel uncomfortable? Yu were happy calling people pathetic but now you don;t wish to discuss the subject, why?

54 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

why does the conversation make you feel uncomfortable? Yu were happy calling people pathetic but now you don;t wish to discuss the subject, why?

I don’t care about the conversation - it’s just draining for the majority of us who want to discuss our players which is the title of this thread.

If this was about one of our players at the beginning of this discussion, it’s certainly not now.

Hounding anyone who suggests let’s keep on topic etc is a bit much also.