Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 26 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

😂

He doesn;t need evidence, this isn't a court of law. most fans know Rangers have a much bigger problem with sectarian bigotry than any other club in scotland therefore its plausible to believe Rangers would be docked more points than Celtic

Celtic and rangers would both be on zero points.. or competing for the biggest minus points total.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Celtic and rangers would both be on zero points.. or competing for the biggest minus points total.

I’m a Dundee fan, I have no skin in either club. Celtic fans are nowhere near as bad as Rangers fans, not that that should matter. 

This is 5 year old behaviour, but he did it as well nonsense. 

Rangers fans behaviour is fucking atrocious. It’s this simple. 

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If Scotland gets independence you could pretty much guarantee the staunch hardcore rangers support would riot.

Any evidence for this?

there are radical parts of any support, particularly the old firm.  I have heard of fund raising amongst Celtic supporters clubs to support “the cause”.

The point here is that these things have nothing to do with and no place in football.  Keep all political pish out of football.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

I’m a Dundee fan, I have no skin in either club. Celtic fans are nowhere near as bad as Rangers fans, not that that should matter. 

This is 5 year old behaviour, but he did it as well nonsense. 

Rangers fans behaviour is fucking atrocious. It’s this simple. 

that’s genuinely not my experience.  Worst I have experienced is at a hearts Celtic game.

16 minutes ago, kumnio said:

If Rangers were punished with points deductions for every game that their fans were sectarian, then they would be relegated year after year. Are you really disputing that?

You want evidence for that?

And so would Celtic. Or are you saying that they would never be punished for sectarian offences? Or that they never commit sectarian offences?

Just now, Third Lanark said:

And so would Celtic. Or are you saying that they would never be punished for sectarian offences? Or that they never commit sectarian offences?

No and no. 

Rangers would be punished in enough games to get them relegated. Celtic would not. 

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

The point here is that these things have nothing to do with and no place in football.  Keep all political pish out of football.

Agreed so leave the UJ at home as that is an irrelevance at a Scottish football match unless it is there to politically point score. The Scotland flag holds relevance though as it is the flag of the nation on the pitch fans are supporting.

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If Scotland gets independence you could pretty much guarantee the staunch hardcore rangers support would riot.

You know, they said that when the catholic signing policy was abandoned in the 1980's officially. A few burned their scarves, but the net result was that attendances rocketed. Yet people argued that they would lose all their support.

6 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Any evidence for this?

there are radical parts of any support, particularly the old firm.  I have heard of fund raising amongst Celtic supporters clubs to support “the cause”.

Yes there is plenty of evidence, in Sept 2014 some of these morons took t george square to celebrate the result but ended up assaulting people

Rangers fans destroyed manchester because a TV broke

Rangers fans trashed their own city when they won the league

Their hardcore support have a deep hatred for the SNP and independence, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to predict they will take to the streets if independence is won

You are right politics has no place in football but tell that to the old firm, especially rangers

I honestly can't work out if you are genuinely this naïve or you are on the wind up

Just now, Third Lanark said:

You know, they said that when the catholic signing policy was abandoned in the 1980's officially. A few burned their scarves, but the net result was that attendances rocketed. Yet people argued that they would lose all their support.

attendances rocketed because you started winning everything.

do honestly think the hardcore unionist support at rangers FC would be on their best behaviour and stay indoors is scotland wins independence?

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Agreed so leave the UJ at home as that is an irrelevance at a Scottish football match unless it is there to politically point score. The Scotland flag holds relevance though as it is the flag of the nation on the pitch fans are supporting.

I have never taken a UJ to a game in my life… Scotland or otherwise.  I’ve got no problem if others want to do it.

if you mean a club match, i agree it has no relevance but I have no issue with it. Equally if Celtic fans take a tricolour I see it as irrelevant and contradictory rather than offensive.

8 minutes ago, kumnio said:

No and no. 

Rangers would be punished in enough games to get them relegated. Celtic would not. 

there is rarely a Celtic game that passes without “up the ra” being chanted.  That would see them relegated. “Hun”, “orange  bastard”, “prod”, etc…  no danger they would not be in the same boat.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

attendances rocketed because you started winning everything.

do honestly think the hardcore unionist support at rangers FC would be on their best behaviour and stay indoors is scotland wins independence?

If they were real Rangers supporters they would stick with their team; if not, then it would be clear that they were not even football supporters. I'm sure a poll was taken some time back which showed a surprising and sizeable minority of Rangers supporters would vote for indy but I can't remember where.

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

there is rarely a Celtic game that passes without “up the ra” being chanted.  That would see them relegated. “Hun”, “orange  bastard”, “prod”, etc…  no danger they would not be in the same boat.

Quite correct. Let's leave it that shall we? Whataboutery is a circle which cannot be squared.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I have never taken a UJ to a game in my life… Scotland or otherwise.  I’ve got no problem if others want to do it.

if you mean a club match, i agree it has no relevance but I have no issue with it. Equally if Celtic fans take a tricolour I see it as irrelevant and contradictory rather than offensive.

Flags are waved at international football for patriotism - an alignment to a cause such as supporting the national side. Flags waved at club football are a political gesture nothing more and I don't see the cause for them other than to rile and piss people off. Fans are there to support the club no more, no less. No place for UJ's or tri-colours in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes there is plenty of evidence, in Sept 2014 some of these morons took t george square to celebrate the result but ended up assaulting people

Rangers fans destroyed manchester because a TV broke

Rangers fans trashed their own city when they won the league

Their hardcore support have a deep hatred for the SNP and independence, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to predict they will take to the streets if independence is won

You are right politics has no place in football but tell that to the old firm, especially rangers

I honestly can't work out if you are genuinely this naïve or you are on the wind up

Not naive in the slightest.  As neither a rangers or Celtic fan, I see both sides of this from the outside .  The fact that their support has a hatred of the snp and independence is irrelevant.  I also understand why rangers fans feel they are being singled out by elements of the press (particularly the daily record) and certain MSPs that don’t appear to be even handed.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Flags are waved at international football for patriotism - an alignment to a cause such as supporting the national side. Flags waved at club football are a political gesture nothing more and I don't see the cause for them other than to rile and piss people off. Fans are there to support the club no more, no less. No place for UJ's or tri-colours in my opinion.

Aye, I agree, but where does it end?  No Palestinian flags as they are irrelevant?  The list goes on and on.

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Not naive in the slightest.  As neither a rangers or Celtic fan, I see both sides of this from the outside .  The fact that their support has a hatred of the snp and independence is irrelevant.  I also understand why rangers fans feel they are being singled out by elements of the press (particularly the daily record) and certain MSPs that don’t appear to be even handed.

its entirely relevant, how can you dismiss the most relevant part of the post like that? unless you are just being an ass for the sake of it

oh please tell me how the daily record single out rangers fans, this should be fucking hularious and which MSPs are you referring to?

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

its entirely relevant, how can you dismiss the most relevant part of the post like that? unless you are just being an ass for the sake of it

oh please tell me how the daily record single out rangers fans, this should be fucking hularious and which MSPs are you referring to?

it has been widely reported unless you missed the stories a couple of weeks ago.  An article published by mark mcgivern at the daily record prompted the sacking of individuals at a rangers media partner for historical tweets. These tweets were entirely unacceptable.  The only thing was that daily record journalists also had historical tweets of an unacceptable nature.  In fact it went wider that with other individuals out with the daily record resigning or losing their jobs for historical tweets using the term such as ‘hun’ and other derogatory terms that were dredged up by rangers fans.

I believe the msp that is not a particular favourite of the rangers fans is James dornan who they feel doesn’t apply his view on hate crimes in an even handed way.