Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 25 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

Rangers football club condemns sectarianism.  The problem is with some of the fans.

I assume you’re a Rangers fan.

The problem is the club have profited and actively encouraged this behaviour for decades. Saying it’s some of the fans is incredibly disingenuous, it’s the majority, everyone knows this. The club and its fans thrive on hatred, it’s what sets them apart from everyone else as an entity. 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I assume you’re a Rangers fan.

The problem is the club have profited and actively encouraged this behaviour for decades. Saying it’s some of the fans is incredibly disingenuous, it’s the majority, everyone knows this. The club and its fans thrive on hatred, it’s what sets them apart from everyone else as an entity. 

Apparently not but I don't believe him

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Apparently not but I don't believe him

I can confirm that I am not a rangers fan.  And I am in total agreement that any club whose fans use sectarian language should issue lifetime bans to these individuals.  fundamentally these are criminal matters and should be dealt with by the police.

docking point for clubs gets in to dangerous territory in my view.  Both Celtic and rangers would end up with zero points each season because of their fans.

Just now, Malcolm said:

I can confirm that I am not a rangers fan.  And I am in total agreement that any club whose fans use sectarian language should issue lifetime bans to these individuals.  fundamentally these are criminal matters and should be dealt with by the police.

docking point for clubs gets in to dangerous territory in my view.  Both Celtic and rangers would end up with zero points each season because of their fans.

Both clubs would only have themselves to blame if they were docked points. It's wishful thinking to think the SFA or SPFL would have the bollocks to take such action against rangers or celtic.

Who do you support?

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Both clubs would only have themselves to blame if they were docked points. It's wishful thinking to think the SFA or SPFL would have the bollocks to take such action against rangers or celtic.

Who do you support?

The famous Heart of Midlothian is my club.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

I still don't believe you 🤣

Truth! If you look back at some of my previous postings you will see that I described the previous racism and sectarianism that I saw at tynecastle…. Back in the 80s.  Hearts fans have now (mostly) got their house in order.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Your under no obligation to engage with the debate and you can post something about football if you want.

I think it's important to highlight this and educate people. In England they've not fucked around. Chelsea are investigating and looking to ban the twat in question, it's been brought up on national TV kick it out are putting pressure on too. 

If that were in Scotland it would be brushed under the carpet with statements about the other side are worse.

Rangers are at a cross roads. They rightly showed solidarity with Kamara after he was racially abused but this opened a cam of worms for them because they now have to tackle an issue they should've tackled 20 years ago..........sectarian bigotry

Oh well i tried 🤣🤦🏽‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Fucking superb then. 

Criminals pay for their actions. If clubs actively encourage their fans to break the law, then punish them accordingly. 

Celtic would be fine in the league, Rangers would be in the lowland league after a few seasons. 

If you’re not a massive Rangers fan, then there must be alternative reasons for your defence?

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Fucking superb then. 

Criminals pay for their actions. If clubs actively encourage their fans to break the law, then punish them accordingly. 

Celtic would be fine in the league, Rangers would be in the lowland league after a few seasons. 

If you’re not a massive Rangers fan, then there must be alternative reasons for your defence?

If he is a Hearts fan, he’ll be one of those Union Flag waving, wish I could afford the bus fare to Glasgow type Hearts fans. A cousin of William as it were.

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Fucking superb then. 

celtic and rangers would both be relegated.  There is regular sectarian singing and chanting at both clubs.  Be no skin off my nose and let someone else win the spl for a change.  Surely you are not suggesting that he clubs actively encourage their fans to act like this?

I’m not defending any particular fans behaviour.  On the contrary, I’m condemning it irrespective of which set of fans.

8 minutes ago, Marky said:

If he is a Hearts fan, he’ll be one of those Union Flag waving, wish I could afford the bus fare to Glasgow type Hearts fans. A cousin of William as it were.

ha ha ha.  If ever there was a sad stereotypical post there it is right there.  Can’t be seen to give a balanced view without being accused of being a unionist, loyalist, etc.  Not that there is anything wrong with being a union flag waver - just as much right to support Scotland as anyone else.  You have no idea about me….  I could be a catholic hearts supporter for all you know.

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

ha ha ha.  If ever there was a sad stereotypical post there it is right there.  Can’t be seen to give a balanced view without being accused of being a unionist, loyalist, etc.  Not that there is anything wrong with being a union flag waver - just as much right to support Scotland as anyone else.  You have no idea about me….  I could be a catholic hearts supporter for all you know.

Of course you could be. However, I suspect you’re not.

To be charitable I’m even prepared to believe you don’t even realise how naive you are. 
And just to be absolutely clear, I never suggested you had no right to support Scotland. You made that bit up. 

10 minutes ago, Marky said:

Of course you could be. However, I suspect you’re not.

To be charitable I’m even prepared to believe you don’t even realise how naive you are. 
And just to be absolutely clear, I never suggested you had no right to support Scotland. You made that bit up. 

there is no naivity here. I’m well aware of the traditions within Scottish football and sectarianism on both sides of the divide.  I think that there has been progress during my lifetime but there is still a lot to sort out.
and to be clear, I am not a union flag waver, although I support the rights of those who do to also support Scotland.

34 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I am not a union flag waver, although I support the rights of those who do to also support Scotland.

That is a contradiction in itself though. Flying the union flag is showing support for the United Kingdom not Scotland - two different entities. Scotland play international football as a separate nation and rejected playing a part in Men's TeamGB side at the Olympics o waving union flag goes against the grain of Scotland as a separate nation in football.

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

That is a contradiction in itself though. Flying the union flag is showing support for the United Kingdom not Scotland - two different entities. Scotland play international football as a separate nation and rejected playing a part in Men's TeamGB side at the Olympics o waving union flag goes against the grain of Scotland as a separate nation in football.

that’s not a contradiction at all.  You can easily support Scotland at football and the British Olympic team for sports other than football. Or for that matter the women’s Olympic team that does have Scottish players.

13 hours ago, Malcolm said:

correct, right beside Celtic who are equally bad.  Let’s be honest both as bad as each other.

To be honest, Scotland must be the only country in the world whose two biggest clubs claim allegiance to other countries. They are both Scottish clubs. I can remember when Rangers fans used to parade the saltire as well as the Union flag, now things are more polarised. To be fair though, Scotland is still technically part of the UK so those unionist Rangers  fans are not wrong. Wonder what will happen if - IF - indy comes though? 

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

that’s not a contradiction at all.  You can easily support Scotland at football and the British Olympic team for sports other than football. Or for that matter the women’s Olympic team that does have Scottish players.

Okay I will put it another way - a big conflict of interest. Should the SFA yield and participate in TeamGB it would greatly endanger Scotland's continued participation as a separate nation in international football. In football there is no place for British patriotism for the home nations if it wishes to continue to exist.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Fucking superb then. 

Now there is a revealing comment if there was one; you have absolutely no evidence for that claim. In fact Rangers were in the fourth tier not that long ago and climbed back, no doubt to your disgust.

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Now there is a revealing comment if there was one; you have absolutely no evidence for that claim. In fact Rangers were in the fourth tier not that long ago and climbed back, no doubt to your disgust.

😂

He doesn;t need evidence, this isn't a court of law. most fans know Rangers have a much bigger problem with sectarian bigotry than any other club in scotland therefore its plausible to believe Rangers would be docked more points than Celtic

12 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

To be honest, Scotland must be the only country in the world whose two biggest clubs claim allegiance to other countries. They are both Scottish clubs. I can remember when Rangers fans used to parade the saltire as well as the Union flag, now things are more polarised. To be fair though, Scotland is still technically part of the UK so those unionist Rangers  fans are not wrong. Wonder what will happen if - IF - indy comes though? 

If Scotland gets independence you could pretty much guarantee the staunch hardcore rangers support would riot.

8 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

If Rangers were punished with points deductions for every game that their fans were sectarian, then they would be relegated year after year. Are you really disputing that?

You want evidence for that?