Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 23 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

47 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Sweep everything under the carpet 👍

Poor McGinn is abused by bigoted cunts, but let’s not mention it. 

Absolutely not.

It should be posted in the right place, but the dig at Rangers on the original post was knickerwetting pathetic & the subsequent digs at their fans also a bit of a generalisation to say the least. 

Anyway we are all in agreement it’s not acceptable I just think the digs at club sides on here is a bit eye rolling at times. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Can I just say that on one of my posts I suggested maybe creating another section for this, and maybe the guy that put it on twitter that has been posted on here, probably needs to maybe have a look a Daily record journos recently before posting if you look at his old posts. 

Why would we need another section to highlight a scotland player being subjected to sectarian abuse? its a perfectly valid post, the only people with a problem are those who can't handle seeing their clubs or its supporters in a negative light

11 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Absolutely not.

It should be posted in the right place, but the dig at Rangers on the original post was knickerwetting pathetic & the subsequent digs at their fans also a bit of a generalisation to say the least. 

Anyway we are all in agreement it’s not acceptable I just think the digs at club sides on here is a bit eye rolling at times. 

where is the right place?

The reason there are digs at rangers is because they are right at the heart of the sectarian problem in scotland

15 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Absolutely not.

When sexists say there’s a place for people to raise issues, where?

When racists say there’s a place for it to be raised, where?

When Colin Kappernick or whatever his name was was told to look elsewhere, where?

When sectarian abuse should be ignored here and raised elsewhere, where?

Quite simply, until this utter shite is addressed, everywhere is the place to raise it. If someone is uneasy with it, well tough luck. Stop having issues with people sick of this moronic shite, and have an issue with the morons. 

41 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Many Rangers fans are spot on.

Its a shame sectarianism exists and this abuse is unacceptable.

To say Rangers fans are all bigots is like saying all Aberdeen fans shag sheep.

Only some of them are/do those things 🤣

I've never said rangers  fans are all bigots...the one in this video most certainly is though 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

When Colin Kappernick or whatever his name was was told to look elsewhere, where?

Quite simply, until this utter shite is addressed, everywhere is the place to raise it. If someone is uneasy with it, well tough luck. Stop having issues with people sick of this moronic shite, and have an issue with the morons. 

Well said. Bigots don't deserve a safe space.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Bang on the money 

13 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Absolutely the same for me. Can't understand anyone with any sanity that takes their kids into that type of toxic environment.

The way of life thing is spot on as well...I'm a motherwell fan, and I'd like to consider myself as pretty partizan  and 'dyed in the wool' but a few hours after the game finishes and I'm over it, win, lose or draw...these halfwits are so immersed in their hatred of each other that they boak at the thought of wearing a jacket that happens to be green or blue

:lol:

It's almost cult-like.  All affectations, dog whistles and made-up social mores.  For them, it goes way beyond just buying a ticket going to the game and supporting the team.  I know otherwise sensible, mature people who just suddenly switch into deluded, paranoid, irrational lunatics whenever Celtic or Rangers are the topic of discussion.

Another thing I've noticed is it's quite rare to find a Celtic or Rangers fan who is able to talk about football that doesn't involve Celtic or Rangers.  They know everything about their own team, and everything about "the other team", but apart from that they don't have much to say.

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

correct, right beside Celtic who are equally bad.  Let’s be honest both as bad as each other.

This, here, is part of the problem (a large part). A failure to condemn without partaking in a bit of whataboutery.

It fuckin stinks.

7 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

correct, right beside Celtic who are equally bad.  Let’s be honest both as bad as each other.

5 minutes ago, duncan II said:

This, here, is part of the problem (a large part). A failure to condemn without partaking in a bit of whataboutery.

It fuckin stinks.

This, absolutely this.

1 minute ago, duncan II said:

It fuckin stinks.

I don’t see anyone on here not condemning it.  Every right minded person condemns the behaviour towards McGinn. 

What people rightly object to is people on here making this about a particular club when the two main protagonists are equally bad. At the end of the day we are all Scotland fans are we not?

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

This, absolutely this.

this is a scotland forum, not a club forum.  Everyone is equal here no matter their club colours or politics.  rangers, Celtic, Cowdenbeath, unionist, nationalists, no one better or worse or a bigger Scotland fan than the other.

Tarring all supporters with the same brush is wrong.  

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

this is a scotland forum, not a club forum.  Everyone is equal here no matter their club colours or politics.  rangers, Celtic, Cowdenbeath, unionist, nationalists, no one better or worse or a bigger Scotland fan than the other.

Nobody tarred all supporters with the same brush but what there's plenty of is the likes of you and a small minority playing the whataboutery game.

10 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

You just argued against yourself. You tarred Celtic with the same brush as Rangers. I know Celtic have a toxic element in their support as well, but the video in question is obviously not a Celtic supporter.

If someone is bigoted, racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-semitic, or any other type of prejudice, they deserve to be singled out. Saying "well our rivals are just as bad" seems like you are condoning it. Which I know you specifically aren't, but others do.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Nobody tarred all supporters with the same brush but what there's plenty of is the likes of you and a small minority playing the whataboutery game.

Utter tosh. Whataboutery? You mean a balanced and reasonable view.

There is a small minority of Scotland fans that have some kind of vendetta against Rangers and their supporters, desperately seeking any opportunity to highlight any opportunity to discredit the club. I find it pathetic.

6 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

You just argued against yourself. You tarred Celtic with the same brush as Rangers. I know Celtic have a toxic element in their support as well, but the video in question is obviously not a Celtic supporter.

If someone is bigoted, racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-semitic, or any other type of prejudice, they deserve to be singled out. Saying "well our rivals are just as bad" seems like you are condoning it. Which I know you specifically aren't, but others do.

No issue with highlighting idiots and condemning them no matter what their suspected club background is.

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Utter tosh. Whataboutery? You mean a balanced and reasonable view.

There is a small minority of Scotland fans that have some kind of vendetta against Rangers and their supporters, desperately seeking any opportunity to highlight any opportunity to discredit the club. I find it pathetic.

Away and have a word with yourself. I'm well known for saying both fans are as bad as each other but in this instance there's fuck all need to bring celtic or any other club into it.

Vendetta against rangers 🤣🤣🤣utter bollocks, it's you who's pathetic here for making shite like that up. A bigoted rangers fan abuses a Scotland player  it's highlighted by someone on here and now there's a vendetta against rangers and their poor fans🤣🤣🤣

We've gone from agenda to a vendetta 🤣 

Edited by vanderark14

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Away and have a word with yourself. I'm well known for saying both fans are as bad as each other but in this instance there's fuck all need to bring celtic or any other club into it.

Vendetta against rangers 🤣🤣🤣utter bollocks, it's you who's pathetic here for making shite like that up. A bigoted rangers fan abuses a Scotland player  it's highlighted by someone on here and now there's a vendetta against rangers and their poor fans🤣🤣🤣

I don’t care what you are known or not known for.  I’m not interested in all the Rangers bashing and no, I’m not a rangers fan.

I don’t care what you are known or not known for.  I’m not interested in all the Rangers bashing and no, I’m not a rangers fan.

This isn't rangers bashing.its highlighting a bigoted rangers fan for erm being a bigoted arsehole towards a scotland player. You then piped up with but but but celtic are just as bad.

Edited by vanderark14

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

This isn't rangers bashing.its highlighting a bigoted rangers fan for erm being a bigoted arsehole towards a scotland player. You then piped up with but but but celtic are just as bad.

it’s highlighting a bigoted fan being a bigoted arsehole.  The club he may or may not support is not the point here - the point is he is a bigot. This wasn’t even a rangers game.

it’s highlighting a bigoted fan being a bigoted arsehole.  The club he may or may not support is not the point here - the point is he is a bigot. This wasn’t even a rangers game.

The club is important because Rangers are right are at the heart of the sectarian problem in Scotland. Saying this does not mean there is a vendetta against rangers, it means they have a huge problem with sectarian bigots among their support

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The club is important because Rangers are right are at the heart of the sectarian problem in Scotland. Saying this does not mean there is a vendetta against rangers, it means they have a huge problem with sectarian bigots among their support

how are Rangers football club at the heart of sectarianism in Scotland?  I think you mean that some idiots that choose to support rangers are.  It’s nothing to do with rangers football club.