Netherlands warm up game. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Netherlands warm up game.

er yir macaroon

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Clarke has said that some players may not see any game time at all. Imagine he is thinking of the likes of Taylor, McKenna, Fleck, Nisbet maybe. None were certain starters and if Fleck has to pull out due to covid, then an opportunity for Gauld opens up - and to be honest I would rather he were in the squad.

Fleck won’t be dropped from the squad unless he develops symptoms and becomes too ill to play or possibly if he keeps testing positive. 

If he has 2 negative tests he can re-join the squad subject to Spanish self isolation rules. 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Fleck won’t be dropped from the squad unless he develops symptoms and becomes too ill to play or possibly if he keeps testing positive. 

If he has 2 negative tests he can re-join the squad subject to Spanish self isolation rules. 

Thanks but I appreciate he is here to stay, just my preference. Be surprised should he get much game time.

Thanks but I appreciate he is here to stay, just my preference. Be surprised should he get much game time.

Gauld would likely get even less game time as Clarke clearly prefers Fleck to him. Not exactly the same type of player obviously but in general terms - Fleck is in the squad and Gauld isn’t. 

Edited by Texas Pete

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Clarke saying Fleck travelled to Spain already with COVID. Presumably, he travelled whilst in the 7-day incubation period and so it never showed up in tests before flying out. Clarke says Fleck is fine and showing no effects.

This is why it is a concern that he may have passed it onto others who still may be in the incubation period. To be honest, with the amount of idiots who have refused the vaccine, they should have just vaccinated the players by now. 

4 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

This is why it is a concern that he may have passed it onto others who still may be in the incubation period. To be honest, with the amount of idiots who have refused the vaccine, they should have just vaccinated the players by now. 

Seems odd that players who test positive rarely have symptoms. When Armstrong tested positive he had no symptoms and nobody else caught it (even his close contacts, Tierney and Christie). Hopefully this is the case again.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Fleck tests negative tomorrow as well which seems to happen a lot when footballers test positive. 

The Scottish government would’ve taken pelters (from non-football fans anyway) if they had vaccinated players who are mostly under 30. 

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Seems odd that players who test positive rarely have symptoms. When Armstrong tested positive he had no symptoms and nobody else caught it (even his close contacts, Tierney and Christie). Hopefully this is the case again.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Fleck tests negative tomorrow as well which seems to happen a lot when footballers test positive. 

The Scottish government would’ve taken pelters (from non-football fans anyway) if they had vaccinated players who are mostly under 30. 

I’m not sure. The mental health of the nation would take a bit of a hammering if we lost six players before the first game. 

Advice will soon change and we’ll be out of this btw. Those not choosing to have the vaccine will just need to take their chances. It works and society will now get back to normal pretty quickly. A mutant may come along to scupper things but there isn’t a candidate out there at the moment. The new mRNA vaccines will be able to deal with variants pretty quickly now the production process is up and running. 

53 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

In his preview for this game, Tom English on the BBC website claims that Che Adams scored more in the EPL than Timo Werner and the same as Firmino and Jesus! Surely that just isn't true?

Scored more than Werner and same as Firmino and Jesus.

In his preview for this game, Tom English on the BBC website claims that Che Adams scored more in the EPL than Timo Werner and the same as Firmino and Jesus! Surely that just isn't true?

It's true.

Scored more than Richarlison at Everton and he scored one goal less than Cavani & Aubameyang.

Werner only has 6 league goals for Chealsea, while Adams has 9.

Edited by wanderer

Just now, ProudScot said:

Jesus what a howler half the team is ruled out. 

You’d think calling off the game and not travelling even more would be a good idea given what’s happened? 

The Dutch I believe had the call on that and they were happy to go ahead. The 6 players in question haven't travelled along with Fleck. They could have as they all produced negative tests after being identified as close contacts of Fleck. 

7 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

The Dutch I believe had the call on that and they were happy to go ahead. The 6 players in question haven't travelled along with Fleck. They could have as they all produced negative tests after being identified as close contacts of Fleck. 

It seems fairly pointless now and also highlights how stupid travelling so much pre tournament is. 

Little need for a break in the sun this training could have been done at Oriam, especially after the Czechs pulled out. 

Should know within the next few days whether there is going to be an issue within the camp. Most players will have been there for a week by that point and anyone that has caught it prior to joining will start showing positive tests. Happy that we're being over cautious, even if it makes a bit of a mockery of the Netherlands game with so many missing.

Fingers crossed this will be the end of it and with the players all being isolated with each other there should be minimal risk of contracting Covid from now on in.

Most of the coaching and backroom staff will be of an age that they should have had at least one vaccine dose so far so hopefully they are protected to some degree.

29 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Jesus what a howler half the team is ruled out. 

You’d think calling off the game and not travelling even more would be a good idea given what’s happened? 

Actually, if there is any doubts about those six at all, I'd say its better we play as it keeps the all clear players away from the risk of potential infection just to be on the safe side. The alternative being they call the match off and all of the squad are at risk of mixing with potentially those infected. 

Edited by Caledonian Craig

11 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Should know within the next few days whether there is going to be an issue within the camp. Most players will have been there for a week by that point and anyone that has caught it prior to joining will start showing positive tests. Happy that we're being over cautious, even if it makes a bit of a mockery of the Netherlands game with so many missing.

Fingers crossed this will be the end of it and with the players all being isolated with each other there should be minimal risk of contracting Covid from now on in.

Most of the coaching and backroom staff will be of an age that they should have had at least one vaccine dose so far so hopefully they are protected to some degree.

Precisely. Better being overly cautious now and being fully fit and healthy for the Euros than anything else. Fingers crossed it is just a case of them being uber careful.

RB probably the biggest concern, as all the others I was not sure if they would start (I think McGinn and Hanley were the only ones due to start tonight)

Was expecting Gordon to start one of the two up coming games, Dykes has been the in form striker of the last few months, McGinn a BIG loss but I was expecting Clarke would try find a way to get Forest into the team and now gives him a chance to try Turnbull as well.

Suspect the only real out and out change he will need to make is probably put Fraser in place of Patterson and SoD.

It’s a pain in the arse but I’d rather this happened now than the day of the Czech game or any of our group games for that matter. 

None of the 6 have tested positive and none have symptoms so hopefully none of them have the virus.