The news thread - Page 242 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

I'm surprised more isn't being said about this daft bill.

Going by Police Scotland's information campaign I can only assume they're so scunnered at having to enforce it, they've decided to take the piss by way of protest: 

https://www.scotland.police.uk/advice-and-information/hate-crime/hate-monster-campaign/

that’s a parody, surely?  Jim spence gets this one spot on.

that recent interaction between Rowling and willoughby could be interpreted as a hate crime under the proposed legislation with criminal charges. Ludicrous.  Willoughby flouncing around reporting her to the police as Rowling just states pure facts.  

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

that’s a parody, surely?  Jim spence gets this one spot on.

that recent interaction between Rowling and willoughby could be interpreted as a hate crime under the proposed legislation with criminal charges. Ludicrous.  Willoughby flouncing around reporting her to the police as Rowling just states pure facts.  

That's what I thought at first but no, it's real.

Apparently the law comes into force on 1 April; I wonder if that date is significant. I'm hoping Humza appears live on telly at midday in a Hate Monster costume, wheeks the mask off Scooby Doo style, and goes "hahaha, got youse!"

I don't agree with this new law but I doubt much will come from it. Its a mistake by the SNP which people like Malcolm will use as proof the SNP cannot govern yet will support unionist parties who shockingly make mistakes too, some on a grander scale than the SNP.

5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

🤣 i like to pop in now and again!  Otherwise, this place becomes like a lefty talking shop - tories and unionists =bad.  Snp=good, etc.

Utter shite, there are quite a few of us independence supporters who have been very critical of the SNP. IF anything lately its been more SNP bad

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't agree with this new law but I doubt much will come from it. Its a mistake by the SNP which people like Malcolm will use as proof the SNP cannot govern yet will support unionist parties who shockingly make mistakes too, some on a grander scale than the SNP.

i will give you that. Brexit and truss were catastrophic mistakes.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

That's what I thought at first but no, it's real.

Apparently the law comes into force on 1 April; I wonder if that date is significant. I'm hoping Humza appears live on telly at midday in a Hate Monster costume, wheeks the mask off Scooby Doo style, and goes "hahaha, got youse!"

😂😂😂.  It has the whiff of Harvie, chapman and the ginger one behind it.

56 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Fiona Bruce's face was absolute gold when Flynn was ripping the panel to pieces .

image.thumb.jpeg.a537fc86b23669e82090a45ddd23ed19.jpeg

On the BBC website, I presume the debate was today:

'Speaking during a debate on safeguarding the union, Lord Moylan said: "We remain a voluntary union and that voluntary union is essentially based on affection. We are attracted to each other."'

I wonder if any of those esteemed Lords pointed out the blindingly obvious fact that this cannot be a 'voluntary union' so long as members of that union are not told how they can leave!

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Absolutely brilliant. Look at the rage in those eyes. Flynn destroyed them, they were so uncomfortable with it. There's no chance he's getting invites back on lol 😆 😂 🤣 

48 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Absolutely brilliant. Look at the rage in those eyes. Flynn destroyed them, they were so uncomfortable with it. There's no chance he's getting invites back on lol 😆 😂 🤣 

She tried the "you can't blame WM, Scotland’s justice system is devolved" line re the question about letting prisoners out early. It's obviously not a simple answer or solely related to prison places available nor is everything devolved not affected by UK budgeting/policy. You'd think we were already independent given the accusatory tone of any statistics. She was quick to highlight how Scotland’s figures were worse than England and Wales. I don't think she ever does that to any English MP guests re Scotland figures on any topic...

The Britnat folk that grate with me most tend to be Scottish. 
we know our parcel o cunts are bought and selt like no other. 
Our cunts are unmatched in the global history of Empire and Colonial blah. 

they reckoned on C4 Last Leg tonight the UK ranks 2nd unhappiest ahead of Uzbekistan. Not sure if that’s an alphabetical error.

12 hours ago, Malcolm said:

i have said many times that I am politically homeless as no party aligns to my right wing pro independence views.  I will most likely vote Lib Dems as my seat is marginal with the SNP so best chance of keeping them out.  I can’t stand ACH - complete tool of a man but there you go, there is no perfect answer.

Sorry that is nonsensical. It is a bit like saying you are for same sex marriages but are anti-gay. Or that you support the Oil extraction in the North Sea but vote Green.

I would say the truth of the matter (without having met you) is that independence is not teally that important to you at all in the grand scheme of things. Far more political matters and party agendas are more important to you than the very future of Scotland and indicates why you are so ready to vote for a unionist party over a pro-independence party.

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I never watch Question time now, however I like this picture. I love when they bring someone on to try and dog-pile them and then end's up with i'm not stuck in here with yous, yous are stuck in here with me.

13 hours ago, kumnio said:

Stephen Flynn is very good, pity he isn't the FM.

I'm not sure he'd be so effective, he's brilliant at showing westminster up inside westminster. It's almost funny how easy it is to him

22 hours ago, Malcolm said:

😂😂😂.  It has the whiff of Harvie, chapman and the ginger one behind it.

It's whacky enough to have emanated from them, but the Hate Crime Bill itself is Humza's "brainchild", dating from back when he was Justice Minister.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I read that top article earlier too, just awful. I do feel sorry for schools and the broad range of issues they have to deal with daily. They must worry about a lot of the kids when they send them home each day. I feel like the big increase in energy bills is the main issue just now and it's not being addressed. Folk can't afford to heat their homes or use the washing machine (if they have one that works) plus it seems like every item of shopping is 50%+ more than it was. Not just items affected by Brexit or Ukraine, but every line. It's like the supermarkets have applied one formula across the whole shop...to pay for their energy bills! 

Steve Harley, the frontman of British rock band Cockney Rebel, has died at the age of 73.

When i first started legally quaffing (18) there was a pub on Almada Street called Ewing's 

It was a fantastic wee boozer and no longer there - watched Australia v Scotland in the early morning in there

Anyway they had a loud jukebox and "Come up and see me - make me smile" was a favourite and always on 

RIP

30 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Steve Harley, the frontman of British rock band Cockney Rebel, has died at the age of 73.

When i first started legally quaffing (18) there was a pub on Almada Street called Ewing's 

It was a fantastic wee boozer and no longer there - watched Australia v Scotland in the early morning in there

Anyway they had a loud jukebox and "Come up and see me - make me smile" was a favourite and always on 

RIP

image.jpeg.6537c68be47b66d3c4400009d892d409.jpeg

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Andrew Bowie trying to equate kick the tories out to a hate crime

I have some reservations about Humaza's phraseology but is it really any different to saying Tories want to kick out the SNP?

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I have some reservations about Humaza's phraseology but is it really any different to saying Tories want to kick out the SNP?

No difference at all. Its classic britnat/tory behaviour. One rule for them but different rules for others.