The news thread - Page 203 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Net migration hits record figure of 745k

Hold the fucking boat, I thought brexit was fixing this? 😆 🤣 😂 

great, with our declining and ageing population, these 745000 extra doctors, nurses and rocket scientists will be welcome and add great value to our economy.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

😆 

I just noticed Humza met with Michelle Oniel of Sinn Fein. 

Can you imagine how many unionists and rangers fans heads must have exploded with rage yesterday. 😆 🤣 😂 😆 

49 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

What’s the point of making money for the government to take almost half of it when I die, when I should be able to give it to my kids to give them a better life?  I have already given half of it to the government when making it in the first place.  Be easier just sitting on my arse taking benefit.

No wonder people set up trusts to hide their money.

Yes, i have sympathy with that. Although for most folk does the wealth they inherit not come from the sale of property which has increased in value over the decades? That's not "wealth creation" in a truly productive sense.

8 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Yes, i have sympathy with that. Although for most folk does the wealth they inherit not come from the sale of property which has increased in value over the decades? That's not "wealth creation" in a truly productive sense.

well, that’s an interesting point, but you could argue that from any investment/asset point of view.  I might have bought 100 cases of 40 year old highland park ten years ago for £240k, and it would now be worth £2m assuming I hadn’t drank it.  To me wealth creation includes asset speculation.

Just now, Dave78 said:

Yes , it does for most ordinary folk. I have zero sympathy for folk with property portfolios who are using property prices to generate personal wealth, and there are ways to avoid / reduce inheritance tax . As Malcolm will know. 

I dont agree with double taxing but its not just inheritance tax that falls into that bracket, and If they didn’t have inheritance tax they would just find some other way to tax folk. 

12 hours ago, scotlad said:

I suppose it depends on the nature of someone's mental health problem. If someone is okay within their own home but goes to pieces when they go outside then it could work, but it's very much a person-specific thing.

Another issue is that not every job on the market can be done from home, and not every person's home will be geared up to home working anyway. 

Yes. course,  its specific to the person,  but if they were fine with indoors and capable of wfh I would imagine they already would be. He is just throwing everyone with a disability into the same category . 

If figures are to be believed only 1 in 10 jobs advertised just now are offering home working . I suppose Sunak is going to offer businesses who take on folk with mental health problems a huge incentive to let them  wfh ….Or does he think someone with mental health problems will be the stand out applicant and will stroll into a position .  

27 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes. course,  its specific to the person,  but if they were fine with indoors and capable of wfh I would imagine they already would be. He is just throwing everyone with a disability into the same category . 

If figures are to be believed only 1 in 10 jobs advertised just now are offering home working . I suppose Sunak is going to offer businesses who take on folk with mental health problems a huge incentive to let them  wfh ….Or does he think someone with mental health problems will be the stand out applicant and will stroll into a position .  

Some good points there. The government used to run a scheme called 'Access to Work', which offered financial support to businessess in order to take on people requiring additional support in the workplace but I'm not sure they still do (probably not, it sounds "expensive").

The whole 'one size fits all' approach is one of the fundamental problems with the Work Capability test.

54 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Ooft, I didn't realise that it was the new Home Secretary. Time for another new Home Secretary, maybe?

He flat out denied it saying he wouldnt use language like that in parliament. Then , after the Tory Mayor for Teeside accused him of dragging Stocktons name through the mud , he said he called the  Labour MP a shit, not Stockton a shithole .

Another lying bassa. They had the cheek to give Stephen Flynn a hard time for calling Dougie a wee daftie as well . 

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

He flat out denied it saying he wouldnt use language like that in parliament. Then , after the Tory Mayor for Teeside accused him of dragging Stocktons name through the mud , he said he called the  Labour MP a shit, not Stockton a shithole .

Another lying bassa. They had the cheek to give Stephen Flynn a hard time for calling Dougie a wee daftie as well . 

And don't forget the tories going mental at  Blackford for calling boris Johnson a racist.........after bojo said something racist.

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I suspect he's lying but some of these Tories just come across as thuggish yobs. Cleverley by name, but not by nature.

Just when you thought the tories couldn't give the news anymore headlines, up steps Mordaunt to have a big pop at the SNP

It's almost like they are purposely fueling the far right in a last ditch attempt to save the next election 😆 

On 11/23/2023 at 12:38 AM, scotlad said:

I think he might have said the quiet bit out loud!

Anderson, like most English-based MPs, holds the sensibilities of his constituents far above the welfare of vulnerable people, and certainly way above the needs and best interests of a part of the country that doesn't generally vote for his party anyway. The UKG has been sending asylum seekers to Scottish towns and cities since the late '90s/early '00s, when Labour had Scottish votes in the bag and would go out of their way to avoid upsetting middle England voters in the marginal constituencies they'd worked so hard to win over.

As an idea it is only slightly more crackpot than housing dozens of Syrian refugees in Rothesay. Considering the lengths the UKG are going to to get the Rwanda plan off the ground it wouldn't surprise me if housing them on a Scottish island en bloc is one of their mad contingency plans.

I suppose it depends on the nature of someone's mental health problem. If someone is okay within their own home but goes to pieces when they go outside then it could work, but it's very much a person-specific thing.

Another issue is that not every job on the market can be done from home, and not every person's home will be geared up to home working anyway. 

The far right in Scotland must be very confused at the moment. Imagine finding out their masters in London wany to ship those bloody foreigners to Scotland 😆 

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The far right in Scotland must be very confused at the moment. Imagine finding out their masters in London wany to ship those bloody foreigners to Scotland 😆 

True, although I suspect the masters in London regard us as bloody foreigners as well. That's the folly of those who wrap themselves in the Union Flag, unless you're anglo-saxon you'll never really be one of them.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I saw some of the videos but couldn't quite work out what caused it all

There was an attack at a school with some kids seriously injured, apparently perpetrated by an Algerian immigrant.  The protestors to this attack seized the opportunity to stock up on Air Max and trackie tops by looting the local footlocker and setting busses on fire.

There are little mini breakdowns in society happening all over the place and it’s only going to get worse as far as I can see. One of my mates is just back from working in Germany for a couple of months. He reckons some of the TA who haven’t been to the country in a while might be a bit shocked by what they find in some places.

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Great 🙄 Looks like he is trying to actually finish the SNP off. 

On one hand I see why he's doing it and on yhe other I think he should be trying yo unify anyone on yhe YES side

Scotland eh 😞