The news thread - Page 198 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember Jim Sillars talking before the 2014 referendum and he said something that stuck with me

It was that every time the Tories get into power we spend some amount of fucking energy fighting them, energy that would be better used building our own country.

I bet he had no idea of what depths they would sink to come 2023 and the energy needed to stop us descending into facism

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Jesus titty fucking christ.

They just lie about everything to gaslight their racist support base 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

One of the first things he says is ‘ the rule of law is fundamental to our democracy’.

Then goes on to undermine every existing law that is standing in his way. 

he's clever, he uses the word foreign because he knows this will get the right in england on his side. Anything foreign to the right is baaaaaaad

15 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And now the genocidal Tories vote against a ceasefire in GAZA and against a pause to allow humanitarian aid in.

To be absolutely clear, Lisa Cameron voted against the SNP Amendment. 

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Just saw this. 

I refuse to believe the people on the HOC are this fucked up in the head. This is clearly a case of 'must not sode with the SNP' EVER

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Is it hyperbole to suggest this band of tories are pushing towards fascism? 

If you've been following Suella Braverman's lunatic rantings, aye.

Not to mention that cuntbag Lee Anderson suggesting defiance of today's ruling to 'get planes in the air'

How can anyone with a modicum of brain matter can vote for that mob

18 minutes ago, aaid said:

As did most Labour MPs, including the two from Scotland.

Did anyone else see that Sarwar oaf being interviewed about the vote earlier today? It was the most pathetic thing I've seen since...since the last time that weasel was interviewed about something, probably.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Just saw this. 

I refuse to believe the people on the HOC are this fucked up in the head. This is clearly a case of 'must not sode with the SNP' EVER

The Bain principle gone mad.

In Holyrood next week there’s a debate on Gaza and Anas Sarwar has confirmed Labour will voting for a ceasefire.

This is all Labour’s fault, they should’ve made it a free vote and let people vote with their consciences.   All this to stop Rishi Sunak shouting Jeremy Corbyn at him across the despatch box.  He’s doing that anyway. 

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

As did most Labour MPs, including the two from Scotland.

Did anyone else see that Sarwar oaf being interviewed about the vote earlier today? It was the most pathetic thing I've seen since...since the last time that weasel was interviewed about something, probably.

That’s not actually true.  Those Labour MPs with no bollocks abstained, those with a conscience voted for the ceasefire.   The SNP, btw, supported the Labour amendment.

36 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

One of the first things he says is ‘ the rule of law is fundamental to our democracy’.

Then goes on to undermine every existing law that is standing in his way. 

It's not content, detail or context on any matter that bothers them; it's being told 'no'. They can't handle it, even when it's their own effing laws.  

As far as I'm aware, the Rwanda deal included getting a reciprocal number of their asylum seekers over here too. Therefore their slogan means nothing. They're not even concerned about people drowning. It's all about the sound of them putting their jack booted foot down. 

45 minutes ago, aaid said:

That’s not actually true.  Those Labour MPs with no bollocks abstained, those with a conscience voted for the ceasefire.   The SNP, btw, supported the Labour amendment.

You're right, sorry, most Labour MPs abstained.

1 hour ago, StirlingEgg said:

As far as I'm aware, the Rwanda deal included getting a reciprocal number of their asylum seekers over here too. 

Aye, apparently so. LBC were talking about this today.

Then there's the cost...

They've allegedly spent £140 MILLION on this - And nothing has actually happened yet.

Then it's allegedly gonna average out at £100K per person if they actually do go to Rwanda (whilst they currently bleat about fifty quid hotels!)

Add the barges hire to this bill. Apparently it would cost less to house them on the Disney Magic.

Like the dodgy PPE contracts... Like the HS2 shambles...

They squander OUR money without a care.

No wonder everything else is  a f*cking mess.

Surely it would be cheaper to fix the problem, but I suspect the Tories are quite happy to keep it going; and to sh*t stir instead of fixing the situation.

I can't help feeling certain people should be going to prison.

Can the older posters remember a more disgusting bunch of human beings in government?

Tories yesterday -  supreme Court rules against them, fuck it we will change the law. Democracy my fucking arse 

All this stop a few fucking boats coming across. It doesn't add up.

9 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Then there's the cost...

They've allegedly spent £140 MILLION on this - And nothing has actually happened yet.

Then it's allegedly gonna average out at £100K per person if they actually do go to Rwanda (whilst they currently bleat about fifty quid hotels!)

Add the barges hire to this bill. Apparently it would cost less to house them on the Disney Magic.

Surely it would be cheaper to fix the problem, but I suspect the Tories are quite happy to keep it going; and to sh*t stir instead of fixing the situation.

They don't see it as "squandering" money as long as some of it goes into the "right" bank accounts.

Edited by Orraloon

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Can the older posters remember a more disgusting bunch of human beings in government?

Tories yesterday -  supreme Court rules against them, fuck it we will change the law. Democracy my fucking arse 

I'd take Thatcher's government back now, they seemed more moderate in comparison (and capable). The Scottish Parliament is far from ideal, but at least we have it as a shield against some of their policies.

9 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Then there's the cost...

But, but, but Michael Mathieson forgot to change his SIM card. 

43 minutes ago, aaid said:

But, but, but Michael Mathieson forgot to change his SIM card. 

Yes, that whole thing is becoming ridiculous.  It's the latest "look, a squirrel" being heaily promoted by BBC Scotland at every opportunity.  Though Matheson doesn't come out of it looking good - I think a reasonable explanation of how he managed to run up such a bill is needed if he wants to maintain any credibility.

Regarding the vote on the SNP amendment, worth noting that most of the Labour high heid yins have taken financial donations from Israel.  They are therefore hired hands, not neutral in the debate.  Lovely to see them tying themselves in moral knots, especially that vile sleazy slimeball Sir Keir Starmer.  Well done Steven Flynn for taking a sensible line that I think is supported by most decent people.  Particular shame on the Scottish Labour MPs who couldn't support an SNP amendment even though they probably deep down agree with it.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The real trouble will start when it slowly starts to dawn on England that the UKGov simply don’t want to stop immigration.

It should have been plainly obvious pre-Brexit that they had no interest in doing so when there was evident huge growth in non-EU immigration - which was the bit that they already ‘had control’ over. This was all pre-boat/migrant uptick. 

What we’re seeing for the past 10years is the Tories tapping into a general racist undercurrent but they’ve REALLY fucking whipped it up - all in the interest of power. For that reason, I blame the Tories and UKIP waaaay more than the average meathead or middle class wanker in England. 

Facism is the end destination of all this current path. Arguably they’re already, but I expect it to get worse when folk realise the politicians don’t want to make anything better.