The news thread - Page 194 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

59 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

She’s now making comments every week that should be a sackable offence. 

The fact that she’s not being brought under control just shows that it’s all endorsed by the leadership. A pretty worrying direction from the Tories to see this get continually more extreme.

Extremism in the UK is going to be out in full force this weekend and Suella will be watching it on TV with a large dildo and popcorn

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

The fact that she’s not being brought under control just shows that it’s all endorsed by the leadership. A pretty worrying direction from the Tories to see this get continually more extreme.

Saw a tweet earlier reminding us that even in the last days of her disastrous Premiership, Liz Truss, had the cojones to sack Braverman. 

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Saw a tweet earlier reminding us that even in the last days of her disastrous Premiership, Liz Truss, had the cojones to sack Braverman. 

Is it just me or is this not quite astonishing to read from BBC.

How the hell do they have a journalist saying she is not necessarily wrong. Surely that’s not for them to say/judge? Am I reading to much into that or are is this type of commentary just giving her legitimacy. 

IMG_8175.jpeg

Columns in the Times should be written by...columnists for the Times. Not a sitting senior minister getting angry at groups in society she feels shouldn't exist let alone get support. She's sitting on a 26,000 majority though. Pity they don't get her to do her actual job. 

7 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Is it just me or is this not quite astonishing to read from BBC.

How the hell do they have a journalist saying she is not necessarily wrong. Surely that’s not for them to say/judge? Am I reading to much into that or are is this type of commentary just giving her legitimacy. 

IMG_8175.jpeg

That’s just standard BBC “both siding”, they give one point of view and then the other side.

Maybe they are just reading the public better than we think? Or, maybe they think they can manipulate public opinion to suit their needs using this constant barrage. 

If the security services are also on board with this, then I think we could be in for some serious trouble.

12 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not necessarily a comment on this particular story but has anyone yet coined the term 'Royalwash'?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67381863

The worlds most privileged cunt to be on the cover of a magazine designed to help homeless people. In the next edition they'll have. Suella Braverman 

On 11/9/2023 at 10:20 AM, Ally Bongo said:

Extremism in the UK is going to be out in full force this weekend and Suella will be watching it on TV with a large dildo and popcorn

You saying she’ll be watching it with Boris & Truss 😜

Just seen some footage on TV... White male thugs (some England flags) trying to get into Whitehall, where the ceremony took place with the veterans and dignitaries.

I can't help feeling they showed up at the wrong place.

What would they do if they got as far as the Cenotaph?

11 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Just seen some footage on TV... White male thugs (some England flags) trying to get into Whitehall, where the ceremony took place with the veterans and dignitaries.

I can't help feeling they showed up at the wrong place.

What would they do if they got as far as the Cenotaph?

I had a former pupil of mine arrested at the last protect the statues gig. Thick as mince, admitted he didn't really know anything about the statues. Given what he was like at school it came as no great surprise.

2 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Thick as mince

They all are (or I must be, because I don't understand this).

They tried to  get through to the Cenotaph... 

... and if they had they would have found veterans, armed forces, cadets, police and dignitaries stood around the Cenotaph.

Then what?

The First Minister has just called for Braverman to resign, for she has "Enboldened" the far right.

Hasn't she just. She may as well have sent out invitations.

23 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

They all are (or I must be, because I don't understand this).

They tried to  get through to the Cenotaph... 

... and if they had they would have found veterans, armed forces, cadets, police and dignitaries stood around the Cenotaph.

Then what?

The First Minister has just called for Braverman to resign, for she has "Enboldened" the far right.

Hasn't she just. She may as well have sent out invitations.

Braverman’s tactics are right out of the Trump playbook, she’ll start shouting MEGA soon, Make England Great Again which will appeal to the knuckle trailers she’s stirring up.

6 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Braverman’s tactics are right out of the Trump playbook, she’ll start shouting MEGA soon, Make England Great Again which will appeal to the knuckle trailers she’s stirring up.

Braverman is more worrying than Johnson. Johnson is at heart a libertarian but Braverman is authoritarian.