The news thread - Page 168 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Retired Newsreader and current GB News go to man, Alastair Stewart, has revealed he has been diagnosed with dementia.

Probably explains his bat shit right wing Unionism over the last couple of years

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Retired Newsreader and current GB News go to man, Alastair Stewart, has revealed he has been diagnosed with dementia.

Probably explains his bat shit right wing Unionism over the last couple of years

His alcoholism is probably more relevant in that regard. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66774325

In pictures: Italian town Barga celebrates links with Scotland

Must have been gutting for the BBC to publish this - plus a lot of them dont know how to wear a kilt

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66774325

In pictures: Italian town Barga celebrates links with Scotland

Must have been gutting for the BBC to publish this - plus a lot of them dont know how to wear a kilt

That’s not exactly news is it.  I’ve know about Barga for the best part of 30 years.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

That’s not exactly news is it.  I’ve know about Barga for the best part of 30 years.

You have been absent from the board or reduced your posting for the last couple of weeks and now you think you can determine what and what isnt news ?

The annual event takes place at the beginning of each September which if you look at your calendar is now

Ergo - News

what a bizarre few posts, do you think people could take it down a notch.  been some unprovoked, unkind stuff on this board, ive noticed in recent weeks, months....

anyway...

Interesting to see the Barga event of this year, if not the first i've heard of it. 

There is another city in Italy where they claim a random Scottish mercenary army "forgot" to go home following a war.  Gurro in the Italian alps. They're all called McDonaltello and stuff like that 😆

15 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

what a bizarre few posts, do you think people could take it down a notch.  been some unprovoked, unkind stuff on this board, ive noticed in recent weeks, months....

anyway...

Interesting to see the Barga event of this year, if not the first i've heard of it. 

There is another city in Italy where they claim a random Scottish mercenary army "forgot" to go home following a war.  Gurro in the Italian alps. They're all called McDonaltello and stuff like that 😆

Well said. Several posters on here would benefit traffic on the board by some reflection and winding their necks in a bit.

Re Barga, there's been a litany of families from that region that integrated and made major contributions to West of Scotland society since the back of the 19th century. The legal and estate agency areas are places to look for examples.

The Pordenone (Dolomites) and Sassuolo/Parma (Emilia Romagna) regions have also seen enclaves establish successfully in Scotland.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Well said. Several posters on here would benefit traffic on the board by some reflection and winding their necks in a bit.

Re Barga, there's been a litany of families from that region that integrated and made major contributions to West of Scotland society since the back of the 19th century. The legal and estate agency areas are places to look for examples.

The Pordenone (Dolomites) and Sassuolo/Parma (Emilia Romagna) regions have also seen enclaves establish successfully in Scotland.

This

Lucy Letby to appeal all of her murder convictions

I hope to fuck she has a new legal team or at the very least her original team address the glaring issues of the original trial

On 9/10/2023 at 2:08 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Not sure how different the appeal process is in England to Scotland but I wouldnt think it would be dramatically different.

In Scotland you can only appeal the outcome of the trial if there has been an error in a point of law, ie the Sheriff / Judge has erred in a decision / part of the speach to the jury etc or whats called an Anderson appeal. Which is if the defence solicitor has been so incompetent that a fair trial wouldnt have been possible. An Anderson appeal is an extremely high bar, really rare, especially at high court level where the defence will have gone through each and every step with the accused.

The other thing you can appeal is the sentence which can then go up or down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66819837

News story about shop lifting. I've flagged this up as yet another example of how stories in Scotland are reported very differently. 

There's a frank admission from the Met. that they often won't follow up this type of crime but, unlike Scotland, there's no blame put on the Government or calls for the Justice minister to resign.

Down south this story will not be in the tabloid headlines, not featuring in the paper reviews or appearing at a local supermarket so every shopper can see it.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

There was some speculation in this week's popbitch about a massive celebrity expose this weekend, they said it would take #metoo to a new level, so I guess it's sexual.

13 minutes ago, aaid said:

There was some speculation in this week's popbitch about a massive celebrity expose this weekend, they said it would take #metoo to a new level, so I guess it's sexual.

Russell Brand - who is denying the allegations

34 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

How come we know Russell Brand's name but not the Tory MP who was accused of rape?

Think it's because those behind the documentary & investigation, in advance of it being published, contacted Brand through his lawyers twice and gave them a deadline to respond

Brand then went public himself

Brand is quite aggressive and imposing anytime ive seen him and he scares me - you would definitely need a pub ashtray if you were going to take him on

Mind seeing a documentary about the sex industry and Brand happily admitted he was practically addicted to sex with prostitutes in his younger days, is his image not partly built on him being a “ladies man” 🤷‍♂️. Katherine Ryan has been hinting about him being a deviant for years

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

How come we know Russell Brand's name but not the Tory MP who was accused of rape?

Good question.

If he's guilty of what he's being accused of then I've nae sympathy, but I can't help thinking this is a diversion from something. I mean, Russell Brand, FFS, someone's who's moment in the sun expired about ten years ago - they're doing full page Sunday paper spreads and making documentaries about him??

It's funny how journalists can be all investigative and diligent when it's some has-been celebrity in the spotlight but someone in a position of authority of influence or power needs investigating and it's 🤐

46 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Good question.

If he's guilty of what he's being accused of then I've nae sympathy, but I can't help thinking this is a diversion from something. I mean, Russell Brand, FFS, someone's who's moment in the sun expired about ten years ago - they're doing full page Sunday paper spreads and making documentaries about him??

It's funny how journalists can be all investigative and diligent when it's some has-been celebrity in the spotlight but someone in a position of authority of influence or power needs investigating and it's 🤐

I dont think any of the women making the accusations have actually made formal complaints to the Police

10 hours ago, scotlad said:

Good question.

Tour and a DVD to follow 🤷‍♂️