The news thread - Page 89 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I just watched that "press conference" - holy fuk.

She sounds like someone who's been forced out in front of the class to read out their work that they've not completed due to carrying on. (I may or may not be talking from experience here....)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

She sounds like someone who's been forced out in front of the class to read out their work that they've not completed due to carrying on. (I may or may not be talking from experience here....)

Did you see the way she was furtively acanning the pressers wondering who she thought wouldn't ask difficult questions?

Absolutely cringeworthy. Embarrassing

2 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Did you see the way she was furtively acanning the pressers wondering who she thought wouldn't ask difficult questions?

And, the state of her pus as she stormed off in the huff. Excellent viewing. Never mind turning off the money markets that face would turn milk.

3 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

I was listening in the car so all we got were awkward silences, but you could guess that's what was happening. 

18 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Then she picks fat boy Cole from the Sun and even he has a go at her. 

22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

And, the state of her pus as she stormed off in the huff. Excellent viewing. Never mind turning off the money markets that face would turn milk.

A look of disdain and disgust. It was almost a case of 'how dare they'.

People can say what they like about Sturgeon, but there is one thing that you can be sure of and that's a sure fire certainty she wouldn't have stormed off stage like that during the Covid briefings. And everyone saw the shit that was thrown at her by reptiles such as Michael Blackley, Conor Matchett and James Matthews

Edited by King Of Paisley

43 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

And she said basically the same thing each time - and none of the times did she answer the question asked.

The level of incompetence in this government is such that I could walk down the street, put twenty random people on a bus and form a better government than this.

29 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

A look of disdain and disgust. It was almost a case of 'how dare they'.

People can say what they like about Sturgeon, but there is one thing that you can be sure of and that's a sure fire certainty she wouldn't have stormed off stage like that during the Covid briefings. And everyone saw the shit that was thrown at her by reptiles such as Michael Blackley, Conor Matchett and James Matthews

When she did the Daily Briefings, she’d go all the way down to the guy from Carer’s World Radio. 

10 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

What I don't get is that how is this all on one person? I always had the impression that major decisions would be the result of discussions involving the whole cabinet, taking advice from civil servants etc but that seems to be less and less the case.

Quite simply, I think she's ignored every single one of them

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

What I don't get is that how is this all on one person? I always had the impression that major decisions would be the result of discussions involving the whole cabinet, taking advice from civil servants etc but that seems to be less and less the case.

The buck stops here to be blunt.

The PM is the person who decides who sits around the cabinet and while all PMs would have a number of strong allies in it, in the last two administrations certainly the primary qualification has been loyalty.   The chaos in the Tory party has reduced the number of competent MPs who can fill ministerial positions, remember that Boris Johnson threw a load out of the party in 2019.

So you get people like Rees Mogg being a cabinet minister, a prospect that even five years ago would’ve been laughable. FFS, rockets like Andrea Jenkyn and Jonathon Gullis have ministerial posts. 

45 minutes ago, aaid said:

The buck stops here to be blunt.

The PM is the person who decides who sits around the cabinet and while all PMs would have a number of strong allies in it, in the last two administrations certainly the primary qualification has been loyalty.   The chaos in the Tory party has reduced the number of competent MPs who can fill ministerial positions, remember that Boris Johnson threw a load out of the party in 2019.

So you get people like Rees Mogg being a cabinet minister, a prospect that even five years ago would’ve been laughable. FFS, rockets like Andrea Jenkyn and Jonathon Gullis have ministerial posts. 

Basically she's thrown Kwartang under the bus rather than resign herself. It's not going to end well for her.

9 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Basically she's thrown Kwartang under the bus rather than resign herself. It's not going to end well for her.

No, interesting to see if she can last until the end of the month.  Letters going into Graham Brady. 

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Still made a mess of health in his time there.

This Is Going to Hurt ‘ fans will be mounting a rebellion . Adam Kay had a right go at him in his book as Hunt was  health secretary when he was a junior doctor.
 Funnily enough Hunt wasn’t specifically named in the TV series ! …

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I just watched that "press conference" - holy fuk.

There is no way the tories will go for an early election with her in charge. Unless they do actually want to lose it and hand over this total shambles to the very slightly pink tories. I'm starting to think this might have been the plan all along. There must be clever people inside the tory party who could have foreseen this. 

Is it this one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63263319

Im actually amazed at that, its like a vacuous cartoon character. She is a fucking absolute moron, she only repeats phrases without answering anything. How the fuck can she lead a country.

I thought Boris was bad, but fuck me, this is outrageous.

44 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Is it this one?

Im actually amazed at that, its like a vacuous cartoon character. She is a fucking absolute moron, she only repeats phrases without answering anything. How the fuck can she lead a country.

Are you still living in the Far East? Dreading Monday Morning and seeing the reaction of the likes of the Hang Seng.....

17 hours ago, Toepoke said:

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

Is it this one?

Even his bumbling , incoherent Peppa Pig ramble seemed more genuine than Truss. She looks like she has been hypnotised . No passion or belief in her voice. She will never survive in this job.  

'Peppa the Pig' would have been as useful an answer.  She just spouts 'high wages, high growth' whatever the question is.

The thing is, she was almost as awful in the leadership debates/interviews, but still they chose her.

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Even his bumbling , incoherent Peppa Pig ramble seemed more genuine than Truss. She looks like she has been hypnotised . No passion or belief in her voice. She will never survive in this job.  

What on earth did 80,000 blue rinse, cosseted Daily Mail readers that are Tory members ever see in her?