The news thread - Page 64 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's so lonely on a limb

And just like that The Smiths official twitter page (run by their record producer obv) has been set to private

Regular programming on BBC1 suspended to at least 6pm

The black ties are on etc

What i dont understand is how you can be photographed shaking hands with someone a couple of days ago to on the way out today unless obviously its a heart attack

Death doesnt usually happen like that in most cases - especially if you are living with a terminal illness that they might have kept secret

Liz Truss the PM's twitter handle is @trussliz

Liz Trussell is an individual who's twitter handle is @liztruss

You can imagine

it's quite humerous

18 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Regular programming on BBC1 suspended to at least 6pm

The black ties are on etc

What i dont understand is how you can be photographed shaking hands with someone a couple of days ago to on the way out today unless obviously its a heart attack

Death doesnt usually happen like that in most cases - especially if you are living with a terminal illness that they might have kept secret

I don't think it's uncommon for people of that age to deteriorate quite rapidly.

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

You would be surprised

Those that live the longest almost usually have the strongest hearts due to avoiding chronic illnesses 

You are more likely to waste away and deteriorating quickly comes right at the end

20 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I take all football will be cancelled if she goes over the next 48 hours 

Not just football

Racing at Southwell abandoned after 2 races

State Broadcaster in full swing - BBC1, BBC2, ITV, C4 and Channel 5 all covering it

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

Nothing will say a cost of greed crisis like a State Funeral and a Coronation

Can't see the usual suspects (Ross, Kerr, ACH, Tax Payers Alliance) complaining! Anyhow, welcome King Charlie III. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on but I'll not greet if he's the last UK monarch.

17 minutes ago, Newryrep said:

They better not shift the Scotland Ireland game - I have already lost 2 flights with the shift Fri to sat 

Not sure whether we can read anything into this, but there were 8 days between Prince Philip's death and funeral.

Hopefully the her funeral will be the weekend before the first Scotland matches. 

8 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Not sure whether we can read anything into this, but there were 8 days between Prince Philip's death and funeral.

Hopefully the her funeral will be the weekend before the first Scotland matches. 

Her funeral should be after 10 days of mourning so that would make it Sunday 18th.