The news thread - Page 59 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, dan cake said:

Demonstrations in Prague regarding the Government’s support for Ukraine whilst their own economy goes tits up. Czech Republic first being the vibe, reckon we’ll be seeing many more of these throughout Europe over the next couple of months  

The Czech Republic doesnt share a border with Russia

The feeling is opposite for those that do

8 hours ago, dan cake said:

Demonstrations in Prague regarding the Government’s support for Ukraine whilst their own economy goes tits up. Czech Republic first being the vibe, reckon we’ll be seeing many more of these throughout Europe over the next couple of months  

That is a big turnout. 

Prague-1-1024x737.jpg

An estimated 70,000 people took to the streets of Prague, calling on the ruling coalition to bring energy prices under control while voicing their opposition to the European Union (EU) and NATO.

Protest organisers from several far-right and fringe political groups said the central European nation should be neutral militarily and maintain gas imports from Russia. 

An estimated 70,000 people took to the streets, according to police. 

Some of the groups at the protest were the anti-migrant populist Freedom and Direct Democracy party, alongside the Czech Communist Party.

On 9/2/2022 at 4:14 PM, Ally Bongo said:

That's a bit like hoping Benny from Crossroads can give you dating tips

It can't be emphasised enough how much of a fucking idiot Liz Truss is - she will instigate civil unrest

Aye, it looks like we're going to replace a lazy, entitled but non-stupid PM with a stupid but less lazy one.

The potential for Truss to wreak havoc is far greater than with Johnson, simply because she'll be doing more but with a smaller intellect.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Emily matis quoting a report that is outlining that 70% of all pubs in the UK will close at a cost of 600000 jobs.  That’s just pubs.

What are you complaining about you support and still do the self destructive and suicidal sanctions that directly caused this to happen.

Meanwhile...

Welcome to sanction-hit Russia, where prices are DOWN as Brits suffer from soaring inflation.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19698308/russia-uk-prices-sanctions-food/

Even Sun readers are wising up.

Gas prices in Russia are now 40 times lower than in Europe, the country is guaranteed to be provided with warmth and light in winter, said Deputy Prime Minister of Rossit Alexander Novak.

https://vz.ru/news/2022/9/4/1175869.html

Edited by thplinth

All this time spent by the MSM lauding the probable PM coronation of an actual idiot

Not an idiot like Trump or Johnson

An actual idiot of the dictionary definition

Only in England could a fucking idiot like Truss get the PM gig

The worrying thing is what comes after her extremely short spell

18 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

All this time spent by the MSM lauding the probable PM coronation of an actual idiot

Not an idiot like Trump or Johnson

An actual idiot of the dictionary definition

Only in England could a fucking idiot like Truss get the PM gig

The worrying thing is what comes after her extremely short spell

She will be the perfect puppet for the tories, she gets to pretend she is thatcher and the rest of the tories can use her as their human shield. 

And they are both travelling to Scotland for some ceremonial bullshit. How much is that costing the taxpayer? How much fuel will be wasted with that nonsense. I know it's rural Aberdeenshire but even they got phone lines put in a couple of decades ago. Why not just phone the Queen and tell her what's happening. She will know already anyway, if she is the slightest but interested.

Boris - "hello your Maj, just a quick phone call to tell you I am resigning and that daft bitch Liz Truss is taking over"

Queen "OK Mr Johnson, thanks for letting me know. You took your bloody time about it. I hope you're not lying to me again?"

27 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

And they are both travelling to Scotland for some ceremonial bullshit. How much is that costing the taxpayer? How much fuel will be wasted with that nonsense. I know it's rural Aberdeenshire but even they got phone lines put in a couple of decades ago. Why not just phone the Queen and tell her what's happening. She will know already anyway, if she is the slightest but interested.

Boris - "hello your Maj, just a quick phone call to tell you I am resigning and that daft bitch Liz Truss is taking over"

Queen "OK Mr Johnson, thanks for letting me know. You took your bloody time about it. I hope you're not lying to me again?"

😂😂

30 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You can bet that they’re flying up in separate jets as well.