Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

My husband has said someone he knows in the travel club has just had an email saying 12 points and above for Wembley and 13 for Hampden games.  
Might be shit right enough the information is coming about 4th hand.

21 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My husband has said someone he knows in the travel club has just had an email saying 12 points and above for Wembley and 13 for Hampden games.  

That sounds about right.  I wonder if they got more than expected for Hampden in that case. 

This whole thing is a shambles now. 32 days until our first match and unless you have around 27-32 points we have no idea if we will be able to go to these games or not. 

Even if we can get tickets we are still in the dark about whether we can sit near friends/family or if we will all be sitting like sad sacks on our own at the games. 

If we were regular qualifiers I would be telling UEFA to shove their tickets right up their shiters. 

Just now, WorldCupBound said:

Junior members on over 13 points will be minimal. 

I suppose until we receive emails from SSC nobody will know for sure. My prediction is 16 points minimum to guarantee a ticket. 

What are you basing this on? How do you know junior members on 13 points or over will be minimal? Even 10% would knock 250 off of your number.

Like you say though we will just need to wait for our emails. 

11 minutes ago, WorldCupBound said:

Junior members on over 13 points will be minimal. 

I suppose until we receive emails from SSC nobody will know for sure. My prediction is 16 points minimum to guarantee a ticket. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

What are you basing this on? How do you know junior members on 13 points or over will be minimal? Even 10% would knock 250 off of your number.

There will also be adults (parents, grandparents, brothers, friends) who won’t attend if the junior member can’t go...and peoplE who already have tickets 

does anyone know how the ssc intend to account for unwanted or untaken tickets ...they haven’t emailed out asking members if they want / need a ticket. Usual process would be allow access for a points level , then work down on a Calender date until all taken 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Great.  I’ve got 11.  😡

5 minutes ago, DING said:

There will also be adults (parents, grandparents, brothers, friends) who won’t attend if the junior member can’t go...and peoplE who already have tickets 

does anyone know how the ssc intend to account for unwanted or untaken tickets ...they haven’t emailed out asking members if they want / need a ticket. Usual process would be allow access for a points level , then work down on a Calender date until all taken 

Yeah fair point. Some people will also be put off by Covid restrictions and potentially having to sit apart from mates. 

I have no idea how it’s going to work. If UEFA had any sense they would have given the SFA an allocation and allowed them to sell them. That would have been easier all round. 

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah fair point. Some people will also be put off by Covid restrictions and potentially having to sit apart from mates. 

I have no idea how it’s going to work. If UEFA had any sense they would have given the SFA an allocation and allowed them to sell them. That would have been easier all round. 

I gave them a call just to confirm - intention is that they will email out a block of eligible points holders and that anticipate these will sell out ...🤷🏻‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Be totally amazed if 10% would be junior members, I would even be surprised if it was 1% unless football really has become the sport of the rich and privileged.

1 minute ago, DING said:

I gave them a call just to confirm - intention is that they will email out a block of eligible points holders and that anticipate these will sell out ...🤷🏻‍♂️

I can see this turning into a stramash. 

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Be totally amazed if 10% would be junior members, I would even be surprised if it was 1% unless football really has become the sport of the rich and privileged.

Do you need to be rich and privileged to take your kids to Scotland games? It’s not exactly cheap but it’s not a fortune either. 

Just depends whether people who take their kids to games also buy them a junior membership I suppose. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I can see this turning into a stramash. 

Also suggested fans that already had tickets wouldn’t be able to buy again via the supporters sale - uefa site should stop it

call me cynical....

SSC will probably send codes out when the office closes on Friday.

that saves any phone mania and having to answer queries.

tickets will be sold out by the time offices open again .

job done

Just now, stirlish said:

call me cynical....

job done

This sounds exactly like what they would do. 

20 minutes ago, DING said:

Also suggested fans that already had tickets wouldn’t be able to buy again via the supporters sale - uefa site should stop it

That makes sense. The SFA won’t know who already has tickets though so they will potentially be sending access codes to people who can’t use them. At least for some of the games anyway. 

2 minutes ago, stirlish said:

call me cynical....

job done

You’re cynical. 

Probably correct though. 

33 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Do you need to be rich and privileged to take your kids to Scotland games? It’s not exactly cheap but it’s not a fortune either. 

Just depends whether people who take their kids to games also buy them a junior membership I suppose. 

13 points would require a fair amount of travel which is hardly cheap and I doubt if many Scotland supporters are privileged enough to even have the time to do this.

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

13 points would require a fair amount of travel which is hardly cheap and I doubt if many Scotland supporters are privileged enough to even have the time to do this.

That’s twice you’ve touched on this. Utter nonsense it is too. You realise home points are awarded now too aye? As well as a point for being a continuing SSC member? And even if folk (like me) who prefer to take their laddie to Scotland games rather than more expensive, shitey trips to the likes of Disney World to see students dressed up like Donald Duck, why does it bother you?

I'm on 11 points so probably going to struggle for tix, however, seem to be one of the lucky ones in that I still have cat 3 tickets from the first uefa ballot for the Czech game.

Means I have a spare for that game, if anyone is in the same boat for the Croatia game then I'm happy to do a swap deal with someone? 

15 minutes ago, saintydave said:

I'm on 11 points so probably going to struggle for tix, however, seem to be one of the lucky ones in that I still have cat 3 tickets from the first uefa ballot for the Czech game.

Means I have a spare for that game, if anyone is in the same boat for the Croatia game then I'm happy to do a swap deal with someone? 

I’ve sent you a message 

28 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Could be on 14 points with one away game.