Scotland v The Faroe Islands - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v The Faroe Islands

Caledonian Craig

52 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

People can criticize McBurnie all they like, but he's been dedicated to our cause all the way from U19 and U21 level. He's been playing for us for 7 years.

Now Adams comes along and pushes him down the queue. It's unfair.

It would be understandable if Adams was the next Messi, but he clearly Is not.

He doesn't need to be messi, only better than what we have and he is.

Mcburnies loyalty may be admirable but he's just not goo enough at the moment 

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He doesn't need to be messi, only better than what we have and he is.

Mcburnies loyalty may be admirable but he's just not goo enough at the moment 

The difference is incremental. 

It is admirable. I may not be his biggest fan/ but respect the fact that he has been dedicated to us.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

The difference is incremental. 

It is admirable. I may not be his biggest fan/ but respect the fact that he has been dedicated to 

At this point in time the difference is vast, mcburnie is a championship player at best

You don't think Adams will get to double figures, £20 charity bet says he does???

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

At this point in time the difference is vast, mcburnie is a championship player at best

You don't think Adams will get to double figures, £20 charity bet says he does???

On current form, Southampton are a Championship team.

I don't bet. ;)

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Your clutching at straws now.

It's a charity bet, I thought you'd be confident. 

1 win in 12?

They're two bad results/Fullham having two good results, from being one point above the relegation zone.

Well, with the dross that we puld potentially meet (Gibraltar, San Marino) even the worst strikers can fill their boots. 

There's even a chance he could retire from international duty after Euro 2020.

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

1 win in 12?

They're two bad results/Fullham having two good results, from being one point above the relegation zone.

Well, with the dross that we puld potentially meet (Gibraltar, San Marino) even the worst strikers can fill their boots. 

There's even a chance he could retire from international duty after Euro 2020.

Sigh 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

People can criticize McBurnie all they like, but he's been dedicated to our cause all the way from U19 and U21 level. He's been playing for us for 7 years.

The easy way for McBurnie to have avoided this would’ve been to have scored or even shown some flashes of quality in his previous games for us which would’ve negated our need to go looking for another striker. As he’s never done this and his club form has been woeful of late he’s only really got himself to blame if he doesn’t make the final squad.

Finishing? It's marginal.

Now you are having a laugh.

7 EPL goals as opposed to six Championship goals most of which were penalties.(less game time too)

Not sure who the last Scottish striker to score as many as 7 in a season was (Steven Fetcher).

Funny how next to non one on here wanted Fetcher in the team at the time.

22 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Now you are having a laugh.

7 EPL goals as opposed to six Championship goals most of which were penalties.(less game time too)

Not sure who the last Scottish striker to score as many as 7 in a season was (Steven Fetcher).

Funny how next to non one on here wanted Fetcher in the team at the time.

Last season Oliver McBurnie scored 6 EPL goals against: Leicester, Manchester United, Brighton, West Ham, Tottenham, Chelsea. (Not bad opposition)

None of them were penalties.

Sharp and Norwood are the Sheffield United penalty takers.

That haul cannot be discounted.

Edited by Taylor1996

27 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

The easy way for McBurnie to have avoided this would’ve been to have scored or even shown some flashes of quality in his previous games for us which would’ve negated our need to go looking for another striker. As he’s never done this and his club form has been woeful of late he’s only really got himself to blame if he doesn’t make the final squad.

I would rather have stuck with McBurnie (who had shown patriotism by playing for our u19 and u21) to a mercenary. 

Totally agree.McBurnie. has been dedicated to Scotland.I really don't understand why a goal against the Faroes suddenly makes Adams a nailed on starter for the euros.It was only a few months ago that Dykes was being heralded as the answer after scoring a couple of goals.I am quite willing to listen to anybody that can explain exactly what they have seen from Adams that has elevated him to the top man.

4 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Last season Oliver McBurnie scored 6 EPL goals against: Leicester, Manchester United, Brighton, West Ham, Tottenham, Chelsea. (Not bad opposition)

None of them were penalties.

Sharp and Norwood are the Sheffield United penalty takers.

You said Dykes was on a par with Adams, not McBurnie.

For what it's worth(not a lot on here) McBurnie was better in the Championship than Adams better in the EPL than Adams last season.

Is it because Adams is having a good season and McBurnie is having a bad one this year only time will tell.

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

Totally agree.McBurnie. has been dedicated to Scotland.I really don't understand why a goal against the Faroes suddenly makes Adams a nailed on starter for the euros.It was only a few months ago that Dykes was being heralded as the answer after scoring a couple of goals.I am quite willing to listen to anybody that can explain exactly what they have seen from Adams that has elevated him to the top man.

It's what he's done at club level I would imagine.

On current form he is the best option.

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

Aye sure ye are🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

mcburnie is fukking terrible compared to adams, you only need to watch the two players for a match and you will see a world of difference. adams will spend his career in the epl whereas mcburnie will be in the championship for most of his. mcburnie has had 16 caps and in every one of those hes looked terrible. adams has had 3 caps and managed to score and assist as well as doing the basics of controlling a fukking ball. 

14 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Absolutely 100% correct.

Nothing further to add.

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Last three words are the important ones.

How about the last 4? 😛

14 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You said Dykes was on a par with Adams, not McBurnie.

For what it's worth(not a lot on here) McBurnie was better in the Championship than Adams better in the EPL than Adams last season.

Is it because Adams is having a good season and McBurnie is having a bad one this year only time will tell.

Ah. 

Apologizes. Though you were talking about McBurnie.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Nobody is saying Adams is the new Ken Dalglish, we are however saying that McBurnie couldnae trap a bag of cement or score in a barrel of fannies! 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

mcburnie is fukking terrible compared to adams, you only need to watch the two players for a match and you will see a world of difference. adams will spend his career in the epl whereas mcburnie will be in the championship for most of his. mcburnie has had 16 caps and in every one of those hes looked terrible. adams has had 3 caps and managed to score and assist as well as doing the basics of controlling a fukking ball. 

Sums them up perfectly.

McBurnie is completely pish. 

Adams is a few levels above his ability.

Fuck me McBurnie is shit, it’s fucking annoying he’s even still around the squad.