Scotland v The Faroe Islands - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v The Faroe Islands

Caledonian Craig

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I would have Griffiths in if he was playing for his club.  He is a natural goal scorer.  And probably our best.  But he doesn't get a game for Celtic and has hardly played for the last two years.  I would love to see him back but needs to be football fit.

he gets minutes off the bench but i would agree he needs to be playing more. if he was to go on scoring run in the next couple of months then he should get picked imo.

13 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

A fully fit and sharp Griffiths is better than all the strikers we have availablr, particularly finishing.

But sadly, for whatever reason, Griffiths isn't available. There are things bigger than football, so hopefully he gets his head in ordYou

You are spot on.He is the best goalscorer by a mile.Would really love to see him playing at wembley.It would be so good to have his spontaneity available for us,even if just for coming on if we are struggling.Only hope he can hit some form for Celtic,and squeeze into the squad.He is one of the few players we have that can produce something out of nothing.

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

Don't. quite understand this great clamour for Adams to be our main striker.Based on what.Here is a guy who only committed to Scotland because of the euros.He scored against the Faroes,yes the Faroes,and suddenly he is our top man.Bit of a kick in the teeth to guys who have been fighting to get a place up front.Now,I am not saying he could be useful  to us,but to nail him down as our top striker on the evidence of a game against the Faroes would be madness.He's looked ok so far,nothing more.

There is no clamour for Adams, your judgement on his performances is clouded because you don't want him playing for Scotland. Same goes for  select few on the board.

He is being labelled as our top striker because our options are thin on the ground

Mcburnie - pish. 

Griffiths - if he was full fit and ready to go he would be number one but sadly he isn't.

Dykes - he's not a goalscorer, he's fighting it out with Adams for top spot IMO. 

Whether you like it or not, Adams is an upgrade on what we have and he is playing at a higher level that the other options.

Just now, ger intae them said:

There’s likely bigger squads and more subs in the euros...... slightly reduces the risk of taking impact players who can’t cut it for 90mins.

griff has to be included.

I'm not so sure, like everyone else I want him to be fit and in the right frame of mind because he is out best striker but I just don't see him doing it. 

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I would have Griffiths in if he was playing for his club.  He is a natural goal scorer.  And probably our best.  But he doesn't get a game for Celtic and has hardly played for the last two years.  I would love to see him back but needs to be football fit.

Funny that's the sort of thing I have been saying for ages on here.

However you have worded it slightly different and the question now  becomes would Dykes,McBurnie, Nisbet or Shankland get a game for Celtic?

(no smart comments about McBurnie being a Rangers fan)

Edited by ceudmilefailte

4 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Do you seriously want me to download the video and make a cut of all his mishaps?

11 successful passes in 78 minutes?

Yeah. Ok. He was fantastic.

The heir to the Ronaleo throne 

This Is the only site that I have ever browed where opinions aren't wanted. It would appear that we should all have the same opinion.

What a fun, creative place these people want this to be.

Ronaleo got a Scottish granny by any chance? 

17 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Funny that's the sort of thing I have been saying for ages on here.

However you have worded it slightly different and the question now  becomes would Dykes,McBurnie, Nisbet or Shankland get a game for Celtic?

(no smart comments about McBurnie being a Rangers fan)

Never thought I’d ever see smart and Rangers fan in the same sentence 😜

If Griffiths was bothered about playing for his country he would sort himself out . 

The first and probably last tournament he has a chance of playing in coming up should be enough of an incentive . 

Like it or not Adams is our best option up front . He will  be the one leading the line at the Euros 

9 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

If Griffiths was bothered about playing for his country he would sort himself out . 

The first and probably last tournament he has a chance of playing in coming up should be enough of an incentive . 

Like it or not Adams is our best option up front . He will  be the one leading the line at the Euros 

His quality of life comes first.

The timing is a shame, for all parties, but it is what it is.

Personally, from here on in I'm going to.put my personal prejudice of Che Adams aside and judge him on his performances and his ability.

That being said, he looks no better than McBurnie or Dykes. Dykes gives us some physicality, at the very least.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Personally, from here on in I'm going to.put my personal prejudice of Che Adams aside and judge him on his performances and his ability.

That being said, he looks no better than McBurnie or Dykes. Dykes gives us some physicality, at the very least.

He looks better than dykes without doubt

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

As for saying he doesn't look better than mcburnie is just silly

Just now, Bino's said:

He looks better than dykes without doubt

Pace wise? Most definitely. And yes, generally, he is a better player.

Finishing? It's marginal.

I think it's a question whether we want pace or physicality up front. It's not a good idea playing both of them, as last night they were perpetually on different pages.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

A fully fit and sharp Griffiths is better than all the strikers we have availablr, particularly finishing.

But sadly, for whatever reason, Griffiths isn't available. There are things bigger than football, so hopefully he gets his head in order.

A fully fit and sharp griffiths was, sadly, about 8 years ago now

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

Pace wise? Most definitely. And yes, generally, he is a better player.

Finishing? It's marginal.

I think it's a question whether we want pace or physicality up front. It's not a good idea playing both of them, as last night they were perpetually on different pages.

Adams will start on his own up front, nailed on

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

Look at their goal scoring records. It's almost identical. 

Both got 22 goals in the Championship in the same season.

When Adams picked up ball first half and took us up the pitch 40 yard, he'd already achieved more in that moment than mcburnie did in 15 caps

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

He will.

Clarke probably promised him a starting berth when Euro 2020 comes around. That may have swung his decision to play for us.

I think you're about spot on there . Adams wanted reassurance he would be the main striker before he committed and now he has we need to get behind him cause I think hes  gonna be a great player for us 

6 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Probably

People can criticize McBurnie all they like, but he's been dedicated to our cause all the way from U19 and U21 level. He's been playing for us for 7 years.

Now Adams comes along and pushes him down the queue. It's unfair.

It would be understandable if Adams was the next Messi, but he clearly Is not.

Edited by Taylor1996

Just now, noctonjock said:

I think you're about spot on there . Adams wanted reassurance he would be the main striker before he committed and now he has we need to get behind him cause I think hes  gonna be a great player for us 

Personally, I'll get behind him. No other choice but to.

I would be surprised if he gets into double figures for us, though.

6 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

People can criticize McBurnie all they like, but he's been dedicated to our cause all the way from U19 and U21 level. He's been playing for us for 7 years.

Now Adams comes along and pushes him down the queue. It's unfair.

It would be understandable if Adams was the next Messi, but he clearly Is not.

It's been happening ever since matty elliot and neil sullivan came along

Some disasters like snake Ritchie, some successes

7 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Personally, I'll get behind him. No other choice but to.

I would be surprised if he gets into double figures for us, though.

I'll fucking name a kid after him if he scores a winner for us at wembley