Your Scotland squad (and first XI) for Euro 2020 - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Scotland squad (and first XI) for Euro 2020

Taylor1996

19 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Yeah; outside of Fraser and Forrest, we just don't have pace. I don't think he's brilliant, but he has been playing the last wee while for his club, has pace and could be an option off the bench if we need to change things with his direct running and speed. If it were a 23 man then he'd not get in, but for me, we badly lack pace amongst the squad for wide positions and it would be good to have the option to go wide should we need to. 

Christie has pace, but he tends to cut in. Bit out there, I appreciate, and I don't expect Phillips will get back in, but hey ho. 

We only play with one anyway, so Fraser and Forrest are enough to support our striker. We’ve got pace on the left wing back position and right if Patterson plays. 

2 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Harsh on Gauld. I’d question the inclusion of Greg Taylor. I suppose I’d take Forrest in the hope he gets fit even though he’s been diabolical since coming back from injury. 

Forrest played very well the other night apparently (I didn’t see it). 

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Is 5/26 really “loaded”? All 5 are worthy of a place with the possible exception of Taylor. 

I was counting hendry still as Celtic , Taylor is questionable, Forrest I get why included but probably finding his way back to fitness but just walks in.

D

1 minute ago, DAVIDB46 said:

I was counting hendry still as Celtic , Taylor is questionable, Forrest I get why included but probably finding his way back to fitness but just walks in.

D

Fair enough but 6/26 is still hardly loaded. 

Clarke wouldn’t be naming a squad today if it wasn’t for Forrest and he is now back playing for Celtic so there is no way he’d be left out and rightly so. 

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

John fleck maybe a bit lucky to get in doesn’t always play for a rank rotten Sheffield United 

Is there anything you actually like about this squad? 

5 minutes ago, DING said:

7 CBs if you include mctominay and tierney ....way too many 

Not when you consider we play 3 at the back so we need 2 players for each position. McTom will likely play in midfield. So we have 5 CB's plus Tierney. He's left out Considine who could play either CB or left back and Palmer who could cover at right centre back.

Just now, DAVIDB46 said:

Armstrong and McGinn and consistently playing well at club level which is good 

We've got some great players. Tierney, mcginn and Mctominay are brilliant. Gilour has the potential to pass them all. Turnbull and Patterson called up

Considine as much as I want to see him.there isn't going because we've got much better CBs now. 

We've got better options upfront with Dykes and Adams

All positives

I'm encouraged by this squad, there are players I'd like to see in and out but there will never be a squad to make everyone happy. 

1 minute ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Liam Palmer has been playing well down south apparently 

He’s not as good as Patterson and is similar in standard to O’Donnell. Sheffield Wednesday are awful and have been relegated which may have come into Clarke’s thinking. 

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

We've got some great players. Tierney, mcginn and Mctominay are brilliant. Gilour has the potential to pass them all. Turnbull and Patterson called up

Considine as much as I want to see him.there isn't going because we've got much better CBs now. 

We've got better options upfront with Dykes and Adams

All positives

I'm encouraged by this squad, there are players I'd like to see in and out but there will never be a squad to make everyone happy. 

I think the only player who has missed out that most of us would like to have seen selected is Gauld. 

Clarke obviously feels the players he has selected for that position are better than Gauld which is fair enough. He’s the guy that’s paid to make these decisions.