Show us your Christmas tree.... - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Show us your Christmas tree....

Urgh, I need a liver transplant.

On 12/24/2022 at 1:45 PM, dandydunn said:

Bit late this year, but it’s up now. 

EF2BE850-AF4D-4145-B92B-72FB6306713F.jpeg

On 12/24/2022 at 2:12 PM, Hertsscot said:

Really pleased, just moved in this time last year so we had to forgo a real tree. Got one this year and put it up last week.

IMG_20221224_140715632.jpg

Excellent late entries, Dandydunns in particular capturing the true meaning of Christmas 😁

You are right Hertscot, nothing beats a real tree. I had real trees for years but bought a good quality artificial one years ago to save money. But I do miss a real tree. As soon as I can justify getting my money’s worth out the artificial one I will be back to a real tree. 

Looks like you have settled in well there 😊

Hope everyone had a lovely day. I am having palpitations anytime I catch sight of the smart meter. Whose bloody idea was it to invent these. They should be up there with fags and booze in the health hazard category. 

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

I've came to the conclusion the smart meter is what it is.....you might spend X amount of money on heating while you're off work but how much would you spend in the pub 🤔 

Bonzo I love you ! At last, a reason to embrace a smart meter ! 

£6.99 for a bottle of Brancott Estate sauvignon and a similar bottle in a pub circa £30. I now just need to check how energy I am using to work out how many bottles of wine I can have before it becomes less cost effective to stay at home.
I will have to wait until I sober up right enough calculate all this. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Bonzo I love you ! At last, a reason to embrace a smart meter ! 

£6.99 for a bottle of Brancott Estate sauvignon and a similar bottle in a pub circa £30. I now just need to check how energy I am using to work out how many bottles of wine I can have before it becomes less cost effective to stay at home.
I will have to wait until I sober up right enough calculate all this. 

😆😆😆 just call me the  tamb's Martin Lewis 😁 unfortunately like the tory government I don't follow my own guidance...

IMG-20221227-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20221227-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20221227-WA0005.jpg

3 hours ago, bonzo said:

😆😆😆 just call me the  tamb's Martin Lewis 😁 unfortunately like the tory government I don't follow my own guidance...

IMG-20221227-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20221227-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20221227-WA0005.jpg

Apple oggies for politics into a Christmas tree  thread 🤦‍♂️

14 hours ago, bonzo said:

IMG-20221227-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20221227-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20221227-WA0005.jpg

😂 ffs Bonzo , for the cost of this Malcolm could light up his house like Harrods , have every radiator on full bung and still have a few quid left for 2 bottles of vintage port. 
What is the drumstick for ? Do you dip it in the cocktail and sook the liquid off ? That could actually prove quick cost effective over the course of a night. And of course , for Mrs B , has the added benefit of shutting you up when it sticks in your teeth after it goes soft. 

21 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 ffs Bonzo , for the cost of this Malcolm could light up his house like Harrods , have every radiator on full bung and still have a few quid left for 2 bottles of vintage port. 
What is the drumstick for ? Do you dip it in the cocktail and sook the liquid off ? That could actually prove quick cost effective over the course of a night. And of course , for Mrs B , has the added benefit of shutting you up when it sticks in your teeth after it goes soft. 

😄 the drink is called a drumstick, one of Mrs B's favourites, very sweet, you get a lolly with it. I prefer my cocktails to taste like.....alcohol 😉.

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

😄 the drink is called a drumstick, one of Mrs B's favourites, very sweet, you get a lolly with it. I prefer my cocktails to taste like.....alcohol 😉.

Aye , me too . What is the one with the flump called ? A Flump by any chance? 😁

What is the one with the cinnamon stick, looks quite nice, though I dont like cinnamon. 

On 12/27/2022 at 8:24 PM, bonzo said:

IMG-20221227-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20221227-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20221227-WA0005.jpg

The shots actually remind me of a game we used to play at Christmas with the family when the kids were wee. It was a play station game called Buzz and the game was a science lab or something and the professor would create potions and you had to copy the order of his colours by hitting the colours on the control stick. It was quite funny especially with older relatives whose co-ordination wasnt that good.
I have now become that relative 🙄

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Aye , me too . What is the one with the flump called ? A Flump by any chance? 😁

What is the one with the cinnamon stick, looks quite nice, though I dont like cinnamon. 

It might well have been called a flump, there was a Christmas menu and they were all based on old fashioned sweeties. The one with the cinnamon stick was a mulled wine sour.

2 hours ago, bonzo said:

It might well have been called a flump, there was a Christmas menu and they were all based on old fashioned sweeties. The one with the cinnamon stick was a mulled wine sour.

Easy drinking wee cocktail for Mrs B to make. A Ponsietta. 
Bottle of Prosecco, 500 ml cranberry juice , 125 ml cointreau. 
Mix them all together in a jug and pour into wine flutes  or cocktail glass.  Thats it !

Make sure the wine and cranberry juice are chilled though. Add a raspberry to the glass if you want to be posh 😁

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Had earache since Christmas Eve, thankfully has eased off yesterday and today but this has been the most exotic thing I've been taking ☹️

IMG_20221230_160459031.jpg

What a bummer. First festive period for a while without any sort of covid restrictions and you get earache. 

Have one of the above tasty cocktails as a chaser and you will feel much better  😊

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Among other things I was drinking Winter Old Fashioneds on Christmas Day.  Bourbon, Chocolate Bitters and Maple Syrup.  Couldn't drink a lot of them but lovely warming indulgent Christmas cocktail!

Even more reason to have left your house a midden 😁 Bet no one noticed those sparkling floors after a few of those .
Got Mr Tidy a  wee book ‘drunk and disorderly in retirement’ for Christmas , saw this and thought of you and Mrs F 😊

D5420087-1023-49B6-93CF-3497CA8CFE94.thumb.jpeg.c3b00929574da932eb3b81aa80dbdb3a.jpeg

Have never seen pensioners looking like those 3 burds right enough . Who over the age of 65 shaves their legs . The wine must be preserving them. Even more reason for a swally 🍷

My news year resolution…

622A22B5-5143-4852-97B3-368CD864CB7F.thumb.jpeg.bc00146252965e41ee0d79f9a6db218a.jpeg