SSC Membership - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Membership

Archiesdad

So as it's confirmed that we get 14400 tix for Wembley and @10000 for Hampden next summer

Anyone any idea the current membership of the SSC? 

Please don't bring down the positiveness by saying 'we'll no be there cos of covid etc. 

I / we need to believe we will be attending..👍

31 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

So as it's confirmed that we get 14400 tix for Wembley and @10000 for Hampden next summer

Anyone any idea the current membership of the SSC? 

Please don't bring down the positiveness by saying 'we'll no be there cos of covid etc. 

I / we need to believe we will be attending..👍

Due to be another public sale early next year (provided its not shifted to Russia). Be worth trying that method too.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

So by your reckoning and mathematics we would get more tickets for Wembley than Hampden?  Fifa have confirmed we will get 14,400 for Wembley.

That’ll be right these grounds are neutral venues and are taken over by UEFA! One of the reasons for Scottish cup final being 8th May and FA cup 15th! Think each of the competing sides were to be offered 15% of the stadium capacity. From the FA website they stated 12,000 tickets for home group games at Wembley so 14,000 unlikely for us!! Hampden likely to be about 8,000 if based on capacity!!

BD015295-C73A-4CA9-AA78-EF9F5FE1D719.png

14 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I'll be amazed if any host nation gets more than 10% per game but would be very pleased if its any more.

You get more tickets if you are a host city and country. More Scots in Glasgow.

If we play a last 16 game in in Copenhagen for example, it will be back down to 10%.

J

It'd be decent if the SSC use different methods to divvy up how the tickets are distributed rather than points every time. 

eg. For one of the home games give priority to those that bought seasons for the last campaign, or for those who've remained members right through the wilderness years.

(unsurprisingly I fall into both those categories :D )

Edited by Toepoke

22 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

It'd be decent if the SSC use different methods to divvy up how the tickets are distributed rather than points every time. 

eg. For one of the home games give priority to those that bought seasons for the last campaign, or for those who've remained members right through the wilderness years.

point for each year of seniority would be good of membership 😉  

preference should be given to folk who travel (not thousands upon thousands anyway )

I reckon its in the 25-30K mark - think highwater mark was 40K - i just keep paying my subs as some form of contribution  

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Nah you reward loyalty and the points system now does that.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Another method could be awarding tickets to guys who have the same surnames as current players🤔🤣

Or guys who have the same initials as the previous manager 🤔🤣

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah you reward loyalty and the points system now does that.

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

This.

No changes necessary.

Actually now I look at the SSC website I'm in total agreement. Longstanding members and regular home attendees are being rewarded...

How the loyalty points system works?

• One point is awarded for every home match attended by a member, as long as your ticket was purchased online or by phone, in advance of matchday

• Two points are awarded for every away match attended

• One point will be awarded for renewing members, who renew before 31 January 2020

• One point will be awarded for everyone who has been a member for the previous three campaigns, who renew before 31 January 2020

(Members must have bought the 2014-15, 2016-17 and 2018-19 campaigns)

Loyalty points gained through attending home matches will drop off after 10 home matches. Loyalty points gained through attending away matches will also drop off after 10 away matches

By the time we get to next summer all ten of the home and away matches will have been behind closed doors. Naebody on any points. :lol:

So, I think they should go back to the rules of the old Travel Club. Back in those days, folk who had been a member for longest got first go at the tickets. Not that the rule ever had to be applied as everybody who wanted a ticket always got one.