Serbia v Scotland - Match thread - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia v Scotland - Match thread

vanderark14

Just now, Orraloon said:

No, fuk that, these guys are professionals. The next game is now more important. Keep the momentum going. Start the road to qualification for next time round.

Nah, normally I would agree with that but given the circumstances and pressure I think it's only fair they get to party. 

7 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

McGregor was superb and so was Gallagher.  We were weakened significantly when dykes, Mcginn and Christie went off.

I thought McGregor, McGinn, Christie and Dykes were all very good. I think Jack's a certain starter against teams the standard of Serbia and above as well.

So strange to see a TAMB thread about us qualifying for something... First time in history! Quite amused to see that some are coming on to it to complain about which substitutes were used.

I'll sleep happy tonight. We totally deserved the win, and it's great to see the way that Steve Clarke has got us playing in a way where we are competitive again. A couple of years ago I didn't even fancy the idea of qualifying as we'd just get tanked by teams like Russia or Belgium. Now I see no reason why we can't qualify from a group containing England, Croatia and the Czechs. Bring it on!

1 minute ago, COLT NY said:

I thought McGregor, McGinn, Christie and Dykes were all very good. I think Jack's a certain starter against teams the standard of Serbia and above as well.

So strange to see a TAMB thread about us qualifying for something... First time in history! Quite amused to see that some are coming on to it to complain about which substitutes were used.

I'll sleep happy tonight. We totally deserved the win, and it's great to see the way that Steve Clarke has got us playing in a way where we are competitive again. A couple of years ago I didn't even fancy the idea of qualifying as we'd just get tanked by teams like Russia or Belgium. Now I see no reason why we can't qualify from a group containing England, Croatia and the Czechs. Bring it on!

Well we have shown we can beat the Czechs so that is a start. England aren't exactly firing on all cylinders and then Croatia.

1 minute ago, gkm_vancouver said:

It's coming home,  football's coming home:guitar:

Our euro song should be a parody of that song. Football is coming to its real home. 

Just now, COLT NY said:

I started reading this board back around the 2003 time. Its strange seeing this board celebrating us going to a tournament. 

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

In Dyke's six games he has scored two goals and had two assists. Impressive.

He also manages to control multiple passes at head height with his chest and has a very unique and effective style of hold up play which works perfectly for us. 

1 minute ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Love for Christie's interview. 

Unbelievable bottle from mctominay to step up to the penalty after losing his man. 

Stevie fucking Clarke. 

Not sure he was McTomineys man, think Dykes had nailed that position at every other corner. McBurnie and Patterson should have taken over but didn't.

5 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Nah, normally I would agree with that but given the circumstances and pressure I think it's only fair they get to party. 

Would two draws be enough for top spot?

Ultimately going to be 5-6 changes as many of them played 120 minutes, are mentally drained and less than 70 hours to prepare for Slovakia (although they had extra time aswell tonight). Especially with the ridiculous scheduling so far this season.

I assume the team aren't coming back to Glasgow and will stay in europe?

1 minute ago, OLAS said:

How you doing big man!    What a roller coaster.   

Fine mate. Don’t think I can take many more of these nights though at my age 😊. It’s a very strange feeling to be actually confident that a Scotland team could actually go through that group next year.