Poland V Scotland - Starting Xi - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland V Scotland - Starting Xi

John_B81

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It MUST be an injury, as Whittaker is BOTH worse at defending and attacking than Robertson. In fact I would not even have Whittaker in the squad! If Bardsley waas in the squad and WGS picked Bardsley for his defending attributes then fine, but Whittaker.....FFS!

I wholeheartedly agree with this post. Obviously, I would be delighted for Whittaker to prove us wrong...

I would've picked Robertson as he's a better player. I can only think it's experience-based, though not much use if the experience is being average & making mistakes! I also thought Anya and Robertson didn't work at all as a pair and were often looking to be in the same space. Still, persevere...

As soon as I saw Whittaker name my heart sank. I hope you know what you are doing WGS. If he is shocking it will rock a lot of folks confidence in him. Gone from optimistic to feeling wee bit sick. Robertson was the Sky motm on Saturday FFS.

Good luck lads, hope Whittaker scores the winner now in a man of the match performance that shuts us all right up.

Simple Robertson cant defend the best at the moment good team Gordon IMO.

Whittaker has never been able to defend though and is always capable of giving possession away under no pressure - he is a horrible footballer. Again, as I said earlier, if it had been Bardsley then I would be happy enough with the decision. Inexplicably though, WGS selected Whittaker for these games though instead of the in-form Premiership player Bardsley.

As soon as I saw Whittaker name my heart sank. I hope you know what you are doing WGS. If he is shocking it will rock a lot of folks confidence in him. Gone from optimistic to feeling wee bit sick. Robertson was the Sky motm on Saturday FFS.

Good luck lads, hope Whittaker scores the winner now in a man of the match performance that shuts us all right up.

I know what you mean.

Whittaker and Greer just fill me with no confidence at all.

Would like to see Strachan use his subs a wee bit earlier in this game. Robertson must surely come on for half an hour.

Would like to see Strachan use his subs a wee bit earlier in this game. Robertson must surely come on for half an hour.

That may be another ploy of Gordon's. Hold firm and make sure we are still in the match after an hour and when the Poles begin to tire let loose the pacy Robertson to greater effect or perhaps replace Anya who was carrying a niggle.

That may be another ploy of Gordon's. Hold firm and make sure we are still in the match after an hour and when the Poles begin to tire let loose the pacy Robertson to greater effect or perhaps replace Anya who was carrying a niggle.

If Anya hasn't come off would happily see him replaced with Robertson on the wing.... It's a possibility, he has pace and can't half cross the ball!

You could argue you play your best team, based on opposition and tactics, which isn't always the best individual players.

You could argue that but then i'd argue if you're not playing your best players then you're not playing your best team. The simple fact is Robertson is much better than whittaker at both attacking and defending, I just hope it's not a decision he regrets at the final whislte.

You could argue that but then i'd argue if you're not playing your best players then you're not playing your best team. The simple fact is Robertson is much better than whittaker at both attacking and defending, I just hope it's not a decision he regrets at the final whislte.

I don't disagree that Robertson is the better player and similarly hope there's no regrets come full time.