Under 21 squad - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Under 21 squad

TA Torr

7 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

I had wee look at that table, I thought we'd need something in the Greek game too - if the Czechs win their final game e.g we beat Croatia and they beat Greece ;

Czech 21

Scotland 20

Final game - Scotland away to Greece, needing a point to qualify?

My mistake. If we beat Croatia and Czech Rep fail to beat Greece, we win the group.

It's a great position to be in nonetheless.  

26 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

The seniors managed 6 so it's hardly a big deal. Should really be able to score as many as you want against San Marino.

Good to see enough hunger to score 7 though.

At home, other than the seven they conceded against Croatia earlier in the campaign, they hadn't lost by the same or bigger margin since a 8-0 defeat to Germany nine years ago - so it's not a common occurance for them to ship seven at home.

In the grand scheme of things, a 1-0 win would've been enough to night, but it's good to see some goals from our U21s tonight.

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Good to see the defence at U21 level is just as good as the senior team. But why don't we play 3-5-2 at this level so it will be easier for players to step up to the big team? Seems commonsense to me.

Scot Gemmill is hardly going to change from his preferred formation just because Clarke has.

Gemmill’s job is to get the U21s to the European Championships. If he doesn’t get results he’ll lose his job. 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A new record win for the U21s beating the previous record of the 5-0 defeat of Finland in September 1995. Good work lads.

Wow. They looked comfortable for even that score . Is something to think they’ve underperformed even our A team 

til this afternoon. 

Edited by Shaundy
Cos

12 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

My mistake. If we beat Croatia and Czech Rep fail to beat Greece, we win the group.

It's a great position to be in nonetheless.  

Beat Croatia and at least draw away to Greece then we win the group regardless of what the Czechs do, level on points with them ( 21 each) but we beat them on the head to head.

Draw against Croatia and Czechs beat Greece then we are are again level on points ( 21 each) but again win on the head to head.

Croatia will only be able to get 20 points if they drop points against us 

So 4 points from next 2 games see us win the group. Exciting times.